• Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

1 hour ago, natasha said:

I'm pretty sure there are a finite number of angels!  :rolleyes:

Oh yes! It may take most of eternity to count them, though!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

On 2/18/2016 at 5:15 PM, Rick_Parker said:

That is why so many say that their loved ones "are in a better place" and are "looking down on us" even if the deceased was not saved. Some of these same people may even deny the presence of GOD by make the same statements.

I think a lot of people hope that to be so and have trouble considering the alternative.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  50
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/26/1973

6 hours ago, other one said:

I agree.....   however I am sure God could whip up a couple of dozen more if he needed them for something...

how would one third of the angels have fallen then, if the two remaining thirds were added to...:unsure:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,250
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

11 minutes ago, natasha said:

how would one third of the angels have fallen then, if the two remaining thirds were added to...:unsure:

I guess he'd have to make a few bad ones to keep the quota even.....

I really have trouble seriously thinking that it is one third to the very precise number.

1 minute ago, other one said:

I guess he'd have to make a few bad ones to keep the quota even.....

I really have trouble seriously thinking that it is one third to the very precise number.

lol..then I have to ask:  "Does God create angels preformed bad?"

Just now, natasha said:

lol..then I have to ask:  "Does God create angels preformed bad?"

Well, the God that I know and love can do anything he wants...   IF you wanted to hold him to that one third thing considering we know there are at least a hundred million of them, I would not worry about a couple of dozen.

1 minute ago, other one said:

Well, the God that I know and love can do anything he wants...   IF you wanted to hold him to that one third thing considering we know there are at least a hundred million of them, I would not worry about a couple of dozen.

I'm puzzled?  Why do folks...no insult intended at all here... sometimes start off an answer with 'the God that I know'.  Aren't we posting about God as He is revealed in the Bible?

Of course God can do anything He wants, but He sure does seem to want to do things a certain way.  For example, the world spins on its axis going around the sun and does not fly off suddenly into some other orbit.  The God that I know (sorry) seems to do things in a very exact way.

Pretty sure He's OK with someone thinking it may or not be 1/3, even though He knows how many hairs are on our head

I'm not sure what point is being made?  moving along  ^_^

26 minutes ago, natasha said:

I'm puzzled?  Why do folks...no insult intended at all here... sometimes start off an answer with 'the God that I know'.  Aren't we posting about God as He is revealed in the Bible?

Of course God can do anything He wants, but He sure does seem to want to do things a certain way.  For example, the world spins on its axis going around the sun and does not fly off suddenly into some other orbit.  The God that I know (sorry) seems to do things in a very exact way.

Pretty sure He's OK with someone thinking it may or not be 1/3, even though He knows how many hairs are on our head

I'm not sure what point is being made?  moving along  ^_^

Well, I can only speak for myself about the question concerning the God that I know.....      you have been here for what.....   two weeks...    I've been here for going on 13 years and have seen many many people come and go......    and not all of those people have the same idea of what God is and what he can and will do....     So it's just a phrase I picked up over the years....   you will understand if you are here for a long time.

add to that that I really wasn't being all that serious in the first place.

16 minutes ago, other one said:

Well, I can only speak for myself about the question concerning the God that I know.....      you have been here for what.....   two weeks...    I've been here for going on 13 years and have seen many many people come and go......    and not all of those people have the same idea of what God is and what he can and will do....     So it's just a phrase I picked up over the years....   you will understand if you are here for a long time.

add to that that I really wasn't being all that serious in the first place.

OK..that makes sense

I didn't think it all that serious either, hence the smilies  :)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.24

On 2/19/2016 at 9:27 PM, Willa said:

I think this comes from when the Sadusees, who did not believe there was an afterlife, tried to trick Jesus by asking Him who a lady would be married to in heaven who had several past husbands.  Jesus answered that we would be neither male not female but would be like the angels.   He didn't say we would become angels.  I even had a pastor teach that many years ago and pointed out the verse says as or like the angels.  He didn't like being corrected.

Anyhow, it is the belief of the world and one of the traditions of men that is total error.  

I was thinking along Willa's thoughts toward the Bible on this.
Satan often twist Scripture. So, not unlike him to take a Truth, and spin it "angel" instead of "as the angels."

Recently heard this line of thinking from a widower, thinking on his recently deceased wife.
"I believe she is now an angel in heaven looking down on me."
Passed along my condolences, he was an older man, late 80s. Politely shard the Gospel with him.
He was thinking on what was said. Hope to see him in the kingdom!

Mat 22:29-32
(29)  Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God.
(30)  For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.
(31)  But as touching the resurrection of the dead, have ye not read that which was spoken unto you by God, saying,
(32)  I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living.