• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,661
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  2

On 3/7/2016 at 4:36 AM, Goldenshark123 said:

...Atheism is a lack of faith, we do not have faith in anything...

Of course Atheists have faith, they have tremendous faith that God exists, because they are always blaming Him for whatever they find wrong.

(Many Atheists are angry, because they know the "God which does not exist" disapproves of their faldunkeries. How would you like that kind of power, to ruin someone mindless without even being there? That's how much power this "non existent God" has.)

Anyway, "Atheist" means "No Godist."

A person who does not believe in God at all, would not call themselves a "No Godist" they would just shut up and not mention God at all. If anything, they should call themselves "Nothingists."

The trouble is that a "Nothingist" is saying that there is "something" because you can't call something nothing without being something.

He should be called a "Denialist" - a "Head buried in the sandist."

But Atheists preach God more than any evangelist, in every corner of the world spreading the news that there is a God who does not exist and should not be believed in.

So the atheist is the proof that God exists, because you can't have an atheist without a God.

7 minutes ago, Goldenshark123 said:

Kiwikphilly

Have you read Greek Mythology? You probably have but let's just say you haven't for the context of this discussion. There is no proof that Zeus exists (Just like any god), but millions of people believed in him for a time. Do you approach greek mythology with an open mind? I imagine not as you already believe in the christian god. That's just how us atheists feel toward all religion. If evidence comes forward that Zeus, Thor, Wotan, Ra, Braman, Allah or Jesus exist, then we shall change our minds, but there is simply not any evidence that any of them exists. 

It's not up to me to prove something does not exist, it's up to you to prove he does. As if you lot don't need proof, then that justifies anything. Until proof of something comes along, it's logical to assume it does not. The main proof that god does not exist is that there is no proof to say he does. 

Thank you for talking to your imaginary friend about me, I really appreciate the gesture.

Have a nice day

Before you run and hide, what would you consider "undeniable proof" or "evidence" as you call it?

Because we have to prove this to you don't we?

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  39
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I'm not angry at god, just as I'm not angry at Darth Vader or the Joker. Neither exist so I'm not angry at them. You say atheists are proof god exists. By your logic, that would mean that Christians are proof that the flying spaghetti monster exists. 

21 minutes ago, Goldenshark123 said:

I'm not angry at god, just as I'm not angry at Darth Vader or the Joker. Neither exist so I'm not angry at them. You say atheists are proof god exists. By your logic, that would mean that Christians are proof that the flying spaghetti monster exists. 

OK, so I went too far. Sorry. 

But Christians have the sense not to call themselves "No flying spag monsterists." besides atheists invented that term.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,237
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

On ‎3‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 2:49 PM, Goldenshark123 said:

Reply to enoob57

As I stated before, I have read the bible, which is the main reason why I am an atheist

Your kind of undone in all this... you see we all have been where you have been but you have not been where we are :thumbsup: 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.62
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings to you Goldenshark,,,,,,,

I don't believe I have been disrespectful to you or condescending in any way so I exp ect to receive the same consideration from y8ou or anyone that has come to our house,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Please,do not refer to MY Almighty God as "my imaginary friend" as if I am a little child as  I have not refer to your close minded arrogant ignorance as if you are a troll,,,,,,,okay?

I'm sorry to inform you that "we" are not obliged to prove anything

It's not up to me to prove something does not exist, it's up to you to prove he does.

If you made the decision to deny Gods Existence then it is your choice,it  has nothing to do with me or any of us,,,,,we disd not visit an atheist site & ask a question,you asked & you obviously do not like the answers we gave you. It is my opinion that you have not done your due diligence,I know I have ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Have I read Greek mythology,yes I have & that has nothing to do with faith in the One True Living God Who Created the Universe...............there were/are many false gods,as a matter of fact,,,,,you serve one & don't even know it!!!!!

I'm sorry you cannot even consider there just might be something more than what you see,,,,,,,it is a matter of life & death and where you will spend it for all time,,,,,,,that fact leads me to compassion for you & asking God to continue to draw you unto Himself,even your snarky behavior cannot stop me from caring about you because  Jesus abides in me & loves you.......................You see my friend,you  have a lot at stake if you are wrong,if you are right,,,,,, well,no skin off my back                                      God Bless you (truly),Kwik

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  52
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  12/30/1968

No one is going to have faith because of the evidence, debating evidence is just fun stuff if you like to argue. Faith is much more personal than that. Questions about God are really many different questions so short coherent answers are hard to come by. If you want to have a meaningful discourse it is better to break out the smaller questions; that way you can get more coherent answers. Here are a few places to start (or you could pick your own):

If you want to talk about creation, one good starting point is the Kalam Cosmological Argument. This is a very old philosophical/logical argument that has its roots in the pre-Islam middle east. There are three parts, it goes like this:

1. Everything that began to exits has a cause

2. The universe began to exist

3. Therefor the universe has a cause 

If you prefer biology you could read "Darwin's Black Box" by Michael Behe. Behe is a Biochemistry Professor at Lehigh University; he posits that there really is no such thing as a simple cell and you have to have a minimum number of basic parts, all very carefully assembled together, to make a cell. The individual components that are necessary for a living cell are so varied and complex that the thought of them spontaneously coming into being and then self-assembling to form a living cell is ridiculous.

If you believe the bible is fiction there are a number of resources in that area as well. I would be happy to post them and discuss at your request but be careful what you ask for, you can already see how long winded we believers can be!

Faith is not an assembly of facts but there are intellectually satisfying answers to your questions if you can confine the discourse those underlying questions. We all have bias whether we like to admit it or not. Smaller more specific questions help to minimize that bias and provide a logical path that is more easily followed. I wish you well you well in your search.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  141
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,242
  • Content Per Day:  1.23

Hi

Goldenshark123

What seems odd to you to see people believe in God,( I can only speak for myself), I find as odd to see someone not being able to believe in God.

Do you believe in evil?

I unfortunately have seen evil, but I also have seen Gods Grace in action in my life.

How can one explain this to you ? if you have settled to not consider other peoples testimony of what they experienced about good and evil.

There is something that exists that we cannot necessarily see or pin-point with man-made standards of measure, but this does not disqualify that they do not exist.

Coming back to the question of do you believe evil exists?

Evil is not something we can always exactly pin-point, but we can tap into it through innate instincts .

If you deny that evil exists, I would say, you are denying a very real part of existence.

Now you can use another term for evil, call it by another name, but its still of the same nature/ consistency.

We cannot see the wind, but we can feel its affects.

We cannot see the electrical vibrations from satellites but know that through electrical and electrical manipulation of energy, communication satellites send energy waves throughout the air waves. they even pass through us, even though we cannot see them.

Yes some things man has been made able to tap into and use for greater knowledge and capabilities.

Man has yet to discover all knowledge and capabilities, yet a certain amount has been already uncovered.

Whether you believe certain unseen knowledge exists, is your fate.

Every single person has been given enough to discern and tap into the unseen knowledge of God.

Also every person has been given enough to discern and tap into the unseen knowledge of evil.

Some choose to look away, for whatever reason, some people choose to never ever give that part of them a chance to tap into that energy more profoundly.

why is that?

I do not know.

I have a brother who is cold, calculated, and an atheist. His mind is so closed to even try to tap into that energy that comes from God .

But he is very amused by horror fiction and lives to just get as much as he can from this life.

There is no kind conversation that can be had with my atheist brother. I can only quietly pray that God open his eyes to see His wonderful plan of Mercy and Grace..

Only a miracle from God could open up my brothers eyes to SEE that God truly exists and desires more than ever to have a daily life long relationship with him..

Without God intervening in showing His plan of Mercy and Grace for my brother to See,

my brother may very well go to his grave as an atheist.

This saddens me greatly.

Not only that, but it saddens me that my brothers life could have been so different with the Love of Christ living within His heart.

You may not understand this, but Gods Plan of Mercy and Grace truly changes lives.

It can take a dark soul and fill it with so much love.

When a person if filled with so much hate, contempt for others, they have no true Love living in them.

And when you see someone transformed from that point of hate contempt to love, kindness and meekness of heart, you have witnessed a miracle .

This is the miracle of Gods love for us, of Gods plan of Mercy and Grace for us.

For sure, not everybody turns towards it and is willing to humble their hearts to accept it within their hearts.

Some will even die with their fists up cursing any belief in God.

Because salvation from God, comes through the heart of man, and not through the intellect of man,

the ego of man has to be set aside to enable the Holy Spirit God to show Himself

That is why even a child or intellectual handicapped person can find God.

Even the animals can sense the presence of evil and the presence of God. (I have witnessed this observing my own pets.)

I have witnessed so much in my life that could not be explained by mans imperial measure but by Gods metaphysical measure.

I have experience what God has done in my life, that could not possibly come from any other source.

I have felt the presence of the Lord move within my life.

I have experienced my own healings.

There is a knowing that is to be experienced from within.

It is a personal and deep spiritual experience stemming from the heart.

And from there it exudes outward.

I pray for you like I pray for my brother, that please God, open their hearts, enough to show them your plan of Mercy and Grace, through your only begotten Son Christ Jesus, who paid the price of our evil ways and has granted us the opportunity and gift of changing and growing in Your ways of love. Amen! Amen! Amen!

--------

I once new of a con man who attended an anonymous meeting place. I saw him come and go within years. He would con people with not much remorse or regret about it. After some years, he started to develop a bump on his head. It became huge and evident enough for people to see. For a couple more years, no one saw that man, until one day, he came back and his bump was gone. When asked:  -what happened to your bump on the head, its gone?

He said, that one day, alone in his flat, he reflected about all the people he coned and stole from, and for some reason he was come over by remorse and went on his knees and asked God for Mercy and forgiveness for all the people he had coned and all the wrong he had done. He said that as he prayed this, his bump on his head started to open up and bleed out.  Blood just emptied out of that bump on his forehead and the bump was no more.  That healing experienced was the beginning of this man coming truly to God and God being able to come to him to show him His Love Mercy, Grace and forgiveness for him.

Now you say you want proof.

I have just given you a true story of a once con man that I knew who had a big bump growing on his forehead, who than one day had no more bump.

No doctor removed that growth, it left after this man went on his knees and had a sincere heart to heart talk with God. This man knows what happened to him.

I know what happened to this man.

I can only tell you about this,

will this make you believe more?

Some even with physical evidence, still choose to look away.

The proof you will get if you are So blessed by His Mercy & Grace will come in a very personal way to you alone, if ever you are willing enough to let go of your ego/pride and truly seek God with ALL your heart, in meekness and truth.

The ego covered in pride is a very big stumbling block.

It blinds one from finding Gods truth.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

On 3/5/2016 at 2:00 PM, Goldenshark123 said:

So god reveals himself only to the people stupid enough to believe the lies his religion has spread. In this age, faith needs to be wiped out. In my country, more young people are seeing reason and becoming atheist

How nice of you to come here and call us stupid.  My opinion? You won't be here long if you continue down this road.  You see no 'reason', you are seeing excuses.

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

On 2/29/2016 at 0:16 PM, Goldenshark123 said:

Hi

Please below write any evidnce that god exists

Why?