• Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

15 minutes ago, PharoahJay said:

That doesn't help at all

:thumbsup:

Indeed Beloved, One Can Lead A Man To The Truth

So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.  Romans 10:17

But He Will Make The Final Choice

He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.  John 3:36

Love, Joe

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  6
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Reality, study, common sense, lack of historical accuracy or evidence.... If my instinct is telling me to question something, I will. And there are so many questions left unanswered by the book

Guest Teditis

I think that study, common sense, looking for evidences and even relying on instincts are all good things to do...

questioning is always good.

But the Bible isn't only for providing us answers... certainly not everything. It's more like a book that gives us

guidelines on how to develop a relationship with God and that's when we really start getting answers to our questions.

As to the historical accuracy of the Bible itself, there has been much study into just that aspect of the book and for

centuries we've learned that it's a reliable transcription of original documents and remains true to those earliest

manuscripts. Also, it has proven to many people to be a reliable source of information about God Himself to adherents

of the book... circular reasoning but still there's some value to it. "It does the readers good".

God reveals Himself to people like you... folks who are honestly seeking Him and asking questions. He loves an open mind

and open heart. So I hope that you continue to ask questions... anything that you want. There are plenty of people here who

will be happy to spend a little time with you in trying to get an answer that satisfies you.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

3 minutes ago, Butero said:

If you have sincere questions, we are here for you.  Feel free to ask anything you wish, and I am confident someone will try to answer you.  You asked why you should listen to God's Word?  I could give you an answer from scripture, like faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the Word of God, but I know that won't suffice you.  I can't tell you why you should listen to something you don't believe in.  What kind of sense would that make?  It would be of no value to you if you don't believe. 

Here is what I would tell you.  You should consider it, not listen to it, because if it is the Word of God, the place you will spend eternity will be determined by choices you make in this life.  Contrary to what you said earlier, a spirit being can feel pain.  At least, that is what the Bible teaches.  So again, I am not telling you to listen to the Bible.  I am suggesting you read it through and prayerfully consider what is written.  Look up to heaven and say something along the lines of "God, if you are real, make yourself known to me."  If you don't believe, this might seem silly, but do it in a private place where nobody will see you.  If you come across questions while you read, come back here and ask us.  If you write me a private message, Lord willing, I will get back with you when I can, and I would imagine others would be happy to help you as well.  The reason you should care is for your own well being.  You don't need to go around wondering.  You need answers.  What you don't know can hurt you.  Best wishes to you and keep seeking. 

Amen Butero~~very good advice~~

Matthew 7:7

7"Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. 8"For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened.…

Hebrew 3:8

7Therefore, just as the Holy Spirit says, "TODAY IF YOU HEAR HIS VOICE, 8DO NOT HARDEN YOUR HEARTS AS WHEN THEY PROVOKED ME, AS IN THE DAY OF TRIAL IN THE WILDERNESS,9WHERE YOUR FATHERS TRIED Me BY TESTING Me, AND SAW MY WORKS FOR FORTY YEARS.…

Please do not harden your heart as Pharaoh did~~

But the LORD hardened Pharaoh's heart and he would not listen to Moses and Aaron, just as the LORD had said to Moses.

Exodus 9:12

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

5 hours ago, PharoahJay said:

Reality, study, common sense, lack of historical accuracy or evidence.... If my instinct is telling me to question something, I will. And there are so many questions left unanswered by the book

Instincts don't work in spiritual matters. The one question which is NOT left unanswered is what happens to people without Christ and the indwelling Holy Spirit. Don't worry about all the other questions at this point.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  1,661
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  2

16 hours ago, PharoahJay said:

I have serious doubts about not only Christianity but Religion in general...Anyone care Explain why I should Listen to "Gods Word"

Did you have any communication with God, did you have answered prayers, did you test what you might have believed?

You are scientifically minded, then test whether you can communicate with God. Get results, find out how you may make contact. Everything else in religion is worthless compared to this. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

15 hours ago, PharoahJay said:

I did at one point, now there is very little evidence for "its" existence

So there must be a part of you that is still seeking, still wanting to believe. Why else would you be here asking questions. I am not sure how I can help you. I have experienced God  in my life, but that is kind of hard to explain sometimes to someone who has not.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  210
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

Ignorance whether it be willful or not HAVE ETERNAL consequences. If you SEARCH FOR GOD WITH ALL your Heart you will find him. GOD will not reveal himself to you if your Not serious about finding him

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  6
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Im reading all these responses and there is just nothing convincing to me. You are quoting the bible but the bible is not all true. It is written by unknowns and a re-written by unknowns. the only evidence from ancient times of actual writings are in Egypt, the Land that God "cursed". My questions are, Why is Egypt so forbidden in the bible yet moses was raised there, Joseph and Mary were sent there to hide out and Moses first learned of God there. What about the ancient Egyptian writings from before the time of Jesus that tell of Horus, who coincidentally lives the same life Jesus did before Jesus was around? What about a snake Talking? What About a bush burning and talking? What about the Earth being billions of years old but Humans only being 6,000 years old? What happened to the humans before Adam and Eve? They just went to hell because they didn't know of God? A Lot of the bible I believe was plagiarized.  and if God was never HUMAN then why is "IT" referred to as "HE" ? The very first writings that were ever discovered mentioning a "God" said that "IT" wanted to be called "YAHWEH" and by no other name or its Blasphemy...but here we are disobeying because the bible was re-written in English to appeal to the masses. If God knew everything in advance, then why would he tell you how to beat a slave in the bible and then have The entire world abolish slavery ("He" doesnt make mistakes)? My thing is not whether I believe there is a creator or not but why would he let us doubt him? We already have so little to go on, we were not around in biblical times and neither was the bible, whos to say that these are not just random writings of someone with nothing better to do? Or a crazy person who thought they heard voices? i was raised as a Christian and my whole life I wondered how could we live by the word and see no benefit, and struggling when these evil people are walking around with billions or millions or even thousands of dollars in their pocket living well. Why are my family members and friends dying while these drug dealers, sex offenders, and scam artist out here running the streets and my family is heavily devoted to the word, actively study the bible, and attend church at least twice a week and all we got out of it was someone reading a book and "please give me some money". So you wonder why I question, not just CHRISTIANITY but religion as a whole, Thats Why. Give me a concrete hard reason to believe, better yet show me proof, give me evidence because its not like i dont want to believe, but God surely hasnt given me anything to believe in.