• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  9

On 5/28/2016 at 9:29 PM, Willa said:

My friend married a muslim who became abusive.  He decided to take the children to Iran.  She fled with them and was living in fear of his finding them and taking them from her.  I worked with her and often gave her rides.  She remarried a Christian but it turned out he had hepatitis C and gave it to her.  Somehow the first husband found them and last I knew she had fled with her children again.  What a horrible life she made for herself and her kids.  

Sadly, there are other similar stories.

There was a woman who married a Muslim. He had declared his love for her and treated her well. They had children, He told her that he wanted to visit his parents who lived in the middle east and have them meet her and the children. Once there, she was told that he, according to Muslim law, was the head of the house, that she had to wear a burkah and submit to him. When she said she wanted to return home, he told her she could not as she had to be obedient to her husband. She petitioned to be allowed to leave with the children, and the courts denied her request and told her the children are Muslim and must remain with the father. She ended up escaping and leaving behind the children. She fought to get her children but that last I knew, she could not.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  57
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

32 minutes ago, Qnts2 said:

There was a woman who married a Muslim. He had declared his love for her and treated her well. They had children, He told her that he wanted to visit his parents who lived in the middle east and have them meet her and the children. Once there, she was told that he, according to Muslim law, was the head of the house, that she had to wear a burkah and submit to him. When she said she wanted to return home, he told her she could not as she had to be obedient to her husband. She petitioned to be allowed to leave with the children, and the courts denied her request and told her the children are Muslim and must remain with the father. She ended up escaping and leaving behind the children. She fought to get her children but that last I knew, she could not.

Yes there are these stories as well there are stories about abusive western men who beat their wives or start stalking and harassing when they are divorced.

There are people who act bad and people who act good.

It's just islamophobia if you start scaring others like this.

And do you mean she wore burqa, niqab, hijab or abaya? Because people many times refer to burqa while they mean niqab hijab or abaya.

this is burqa

IN8778281Burqa-clad-women-w.jpeg

this is niqab that covers the face worn with hijab and abaya

Saudi_women_on_Eid_AFP.jpg

this is abaya

15360286804_5a5c0b7b0b_o.jpg

this is hijab

DENIM_SOFT_G_HIJAB.jpg

Edited by JNMRR
needed to

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  187
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

'islamaphobia' ??

'hxxxphombia' ??

meaning hate what God hates, Love what God loves ,  Honor God's Word ?

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  9

9 hours ago, JNMRR said:

Yes there are these stories as well there are stories about abusive western men who beat their wives or start stalking and harassing when they are divorced.

There are people who act bad and people who act good.

It's just islamophobia if you start scaring others like this.

And do you mean she wore burqa, niqab, hijab or abaya? Because people many times refer to burqa while they mean niqab hijab or abaya.

this is burqa

IN8778281Burqa-clad-women-w.jpeg

this is niqab that covers the face worn with hijab and abaya

Saudi_women_on_Eid_AFP.jpg

this is abaya

15360286804_5a5c0b7b0b_o.jpg

this is hijab

DENIM_SOFT_G_HIJAB.jpg

I meant a burkah.

If you marry a Muslim man, and he has family in the middle east, be very careful. Depending on the country, if you went to visit his home country, you will be subject to the laws of that land. It is not a good thing unless you are willing to live that way. 

How dedicated are you to Christianity? Would you be willing to convert to Islam and live accordingly?

On 6/3/2016 at 6:49 AM, LeavesSeeds said:

'islamaphobia' ??

'hxxxphombia' ??

meaning hate what God hates, Love what God loves ,  Honor God's Word ?

From wikipedia "

Islamophobia (or anti-Muslim sentiment) is the prejudice against, hatred, or bigotry towards the religion of Islam or Muslims. While the term is now widely used, both the term itself and the underlying concept of Islamophobia have been heavily disputed.

The causes and characteristics of Islamophobia are still debated. Some scholars have defined it as a type of racism.[1] Some commentators have posited an increase in Islamophobia resulting from the September 11 attacks, while others have associated it with the increased presence of Muslims in the United States, the European Union and other secular nations.

"

I mean the prejudice, hatred and bigotry against muslims more likely.  LIke you scare others and try make them be afraid of muslims and telling others how they are doing this and that. Therefore you give bad image of muslims to others. 

Like if a person says he/she is muslim you have already judged him/her just because he/she is muslim. Like every muslim is violent terrorist?

Edited by JNMRR
need to

20 hours ago, Qnts2 said:

I meant a burkah.

If you marry a Muslim man, and he has family in the middle east, be very careful. Depending on the country, if you went to visit his home country, you will be subject to the laws of that land. It is not a good thing unless you are willing to live that way. 

How dedicated are you to Christianity? Would you be willing to convert to Islam and live accordingly?

I don't know why would you think i would convert to islam if i have said i am christian in here? (no offense to you)

Like my faith to jesus and the truth i have known can just disappear from me?

I am not going to convert to islam ever because i know the truth.

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

2 hours ago, JNMRR said:

I don't know why would you think i would convert to islam if i have said i am christian in here? (no offense to you)

Like my faith to jesus and the truth i have known can just disappear from me?

I am not going to convert to islam ever because i know the truth.

Because your posts here reflect that. Every time someone gave you an answer in this thread you had a “but he, this or that” . You've already made up your mind about what you want to do before asking the question. So there really was no point in asking other than to convince yourself and folks here that all will be well. You have shown us, that you do not like the answers given regarding being unequally yoked. Qnts and willa are trying to point out to you that being unequally yoked is not the best situation to be in. You, yourself do not have a guarantee that all will go well after the marriage ceremony takes place. We can't make that any plainer to you. You have been shown scripture which very plainly says that if you are not yet married to not plan on being unequally yoked. And from your replies , you are determined to be unequally yoked period.

Both Qnts and Willa, are talking about someone they knew who had married a muslim The topic of this thread is about marriage to a muslim correct? . They are speaking about their friend's experiences marriage wise. . .certainly nothing about terrorism. Their points are that if you are moving from finland to a country in which islam is the state religion. You will be required by law, to participate in islamic prayer and rituals.

You simply can not pretend to participate in their rituals and practice Christianity at the same time. They (islamic religion) certainly do not want you speaking of or praying to the Christian Jesus. And islamic states (countries) definitely do not want Christians converting muslims to Christianity. You will not have freedom to worship Jesus as you would like.

3 hours ago, giggling appy said:

Because your posts here reflect that. Every time someone gave you an answer in this thread you had a “but he, this or that” . You've already made up your mind about what you want to do before asking the question. So there really was no point in asking other than to convince yourself and folks here that all will be well. You have shown us, that you do not like the answers given regarding being unequally yoked. Qnts and willa are trying to point out to you that being unequally yoked is not the best situation to be in. You, yourself do not have a guarantee that all will go well after the marriage ceremony takes place. We can't make that any plainer to you. You have been shown scripture which very plainly says that if you are not yet married to not plan on being unequally yoked. And from your replies , you are determined to be unequally yoked period.

Both Qnts and Willa, are talking about someone they knew who had married a muslim The topic of this thread is about marriage to a muslim correct? . They are speaking about their friend's experiences marriage wise. . .certainly nothing about terrorism. Their points are that if you are moving from finland to a country in which islam is the state religion. You will be required by law, to participate in islamic prayer and rituals.

You simply can not pretend to participate in their rituals and practice Christianity at the same time. They (islamic religion) certainly do not want you speaking of or praying to the Christian Jesus. And islamic states (countries) definitely do not want Christians converting muslims to Christianity. You will not have freedom to worship Jesus as you would like.

Yes that is your opinion. Of course i have my own opinion too and i'm just asking your opnions because i'm curious, i'm not asking you to say me what i need to do and then i do that. Just want to hear your opinions.

"certainly nothing about terrorism" but i'm talking about the stereotypes you seem to have (terrorist, controlling etc).  Lke all or most muslim men were as on the this post of Qnts2

On 3.6.2016 at 6:10 AM, Qnts2 said:

" Their points are that if you are moving from finland to a country in which islam is the state religion. You will be required by law, to participate in islamic prayer and rituals." First of all not all countries have the sharia law as the country law like saudi arabia. Secondly i think i did not say i am moving to such country.

And it is said in quran that there is no compulsion of religion so no i am not required by law to participate in islamic prayer and rituals if i am not a muslim.

" Verse (ayah) 256 of Al-Baqara is one of the relatively well-known verses in the Islamic scripture, the Qur'an.[1] The verse includes the phrase that "there is no compulsion in religion."[2] Immediately after making this statement, the Qur'an offers a rationale for it: Since the revelation has, through explanation, clarification, and repetition, clearly distinguished the path of guidance from the path of misguidance, it is now up to people to choose the one or the other path.[1] This verse comes right after the Throne Verse.[3] "

it also says this "

Say, "O disbelievers, I do not worship what you worship. Nor are you worshippers of what I worship. Nor will I be a worshipper of what you worship. Nor will you be worshippers of what I worship. For you is your religion, and for me is my religion." - Quran 109*:1-6"

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  187
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

God's Word is more than opinion.  When He says believers and unbelievers should not marry each other, that's not leaving any room open for another option.

IF it happens that a person becomes a believer after being married already to an unbeliever,  God's Word again is /has the answer.

IF it happens that a believer goes ahead and has fellowship with darkness,  God's Word again is/ has the answer.

Men will continue to mess up.

God's Word again is / has the answer.  No man's opinion ever changes God's Word.

Edited by LeavesSeeds
spelling

2 hours ago, LeavesSeeds said:

God's Word is more than opinion.  When He says believers and unbelievers should not marry each other, that's not leaving any room open for another option.

IF it happens that a person becomes a believer after being married already to an unbeliever,  God's Word again is /has the answer.

IF it happens that a believer goes ahead and has fellowship with darkness,  God's Word again is/ has the answer.

Men will continue to mess up.

God's Word again is / has the answer.  No man's opinion ever changes God's Word.

Yes i can read the bible when i want the direct answer. But just saying that what people say as god's word is just the interpretation of god's word, so need be very careful when starting to talk about it.

I know it says in bible not to be unequally yoked. 

Edited by JNMRR
need