• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.22
  • Days Won:  58

On 4/21/2016 at 6:21 PM, Omegaman 3.0 said:

There will be a discussion after the fact, but I think it will be helpful in the pursuit of Apologetics.

In my opinion, some of the brightest on Worthy, are found in this topic area, and since knowledge puffs up, it might be hard to answer to poll honestly, but make your best effort.

The poll should be answered, from straight out of your head, not asking anyone, not using a dictionary, nor researching online, just an honest expression of your current knowledge.

Pouts.

Guess the rest of us are not bright. 

Im kidding.

Guest Butero

I did not know what the word meant until I looked it up in a Dictionary.  What I have found is that when people use words that are not common like that, it is usually to make them appear smarter than everyone else so they will not try to disagree with that person's position.  After all, this person is clearly smarter than they are.  Just look at the big words they are using.  I think this is being done on purpose.  I don't think people like that will stop trying to talk down to others.  It is a debate strategy.  The way I handle this is by keeping an Unabridged Dictionary beside my desk.  I even noticed the word was misspelled because of the Dictionary.  Look the word up, see what it means, and then talk to the person like you understood the word all along. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

e·pis·te·mol·o·gy
iˌpistəˈmäləjē/  
noun
Philosophy
noun: epistemology
  1. the theory of knowledge, especially with regard to its methods, validity, and scope. Epistemology is the investigation of what distinguishes justified belief from opinion.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,054
  • Content Per Day:  15.41
  • Days Won:  0

On Thursday, April 21, 2016 at 10:12 PM, Omegaman 3.0 said:

I spell a lot of things wrong, and have many typos as well, I would blame my public school education and the fact that I have had several strokes, but alas, I am just not as bright as I could be! Thanks though!

Epistemology is just one of the words we should ask if others posting in Apologetics know what it means.  I'm looking at the sentence I just wrote and wonder what it would be like to diagram it like I did in high school English class.  Sheesh!  And I've only had a mini-stroke (TIA).

Years ago when I first started posting online, I corrected the spelling and sometimes verb tenses on people I was quoting.  Needless to say, that got me into trouble and I soon quit the practice.  As long as someone knows what you mean, it should be okay spelled correctly or knot.  :)