• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

On 4/27/2016 at 9:24 PM, mayfield said:

Thanks for your response. My husband is also a believer so I was very surprised that he didn't take issue with surrogacy or IVF. Is there any ambiguity on this? 

My heart hurts. I don't wish to disobey God nor do I want to disappoint my husband. Either way, I am filled with guilt and self loathing. What if this decision results in ending our marriage? I am trying to surrender my fears to God but have not succeeded.

Your self worth should not be tied in with having or not having children but rather who you are in Christ.  You are a Daughter of the most High God and there is no higher calling.  I could not have children and that is a good thing,  I never wanted them.  Steve my husband had a son by his first marriage.   We had dogs and we were very happy.  Like you I am a Daughter of the Heavenly Father, I don't feel like I missed anything.  Just keep reminding yourself who you are in Christ.

Because He Lives!  RustyAngeL

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

My experience, as a man, was that I had a son that was removed from my life that I could see no hope of ever becoming my heir.  I had a daughter but understood that one day she would marry and take anothers name.  I searched the bible for an answer.  I read about Hanna and her dilemma and became convinced that if I offered my son into Gods care that she would become pregnant. So, I prayed as Hanna prayed.  My son was born 5 years ago.  I was a Christian in my infancy when this happened.

I have had many exeriences where I sought the answer in scripture and found ways to pray that brought forth results I desired for the scriptures were written for our learning who and what God is that we may ask according to his person and receive.  Let no one deceive you, God does not change.

Read scripture to learn how God interacts with his people then act in accordance with Gods nature to get what God would have you to have.  If your womb is closed then maybe you want to read about others whose womb was closed and understand why so that you can see if you are as they were and if so what they did that changed matters.

The guilt of being childless for a mother is immense because women are saved in child rearing as it is written.  My heart is with you and I pray God bless you richly.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,143
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

On ‎4‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 9:24 PM, mayfield said:

Thanks for your response. My husband is also a believer so I was very surprised that he didn't take issue with surrogacy or IVF. Is there any ambiguity on this? 

My heart hurts. I don't wish to disobey God nor do I want to disappoint my husband. Either way, I am filled with guilt and self loathing. What if this decision results in ending our marriage? I am trying to surrender my fears to God but have not succeeded.

The truth of heart toward God is one of surrender... I find it amazing how that we cannot see past the moment yet
fret as to determine our way. People seem to have forgotten how to lay before His Feet the all of themselves and
confess they acknowledge His promise

Ro 8:28

28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
KJV
and have joy in this no matter what the created system now in control of Lucifer brings against... God has bound Himself
in promise to us no matter the circumstance or power of the persuasion... take your greatest fear in all this and make it
as though it has happened and worship God in your heart there and all the fear will evaporate and wait upon God to give
you His answer... the heart of no guile has given all the created by God back to God even that of self and forms s/Spiritual
union with Him in His Will, His Way, His Glory- it is a place of freedom and where peace that passes all understanding resides...
Love, Steven

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings mayfield,,,,

Welcome to Worthy,,,,,,,,,,you are not a "Seeker" obviously & so I do encourage you to copy/paste your OP & post it in the "Am I Alone in my struggle-Need Advice" Forum,,,,,,there you will not only get MORE replies but they will appear faster as they will not each need "moderator review" like they do here in this "Seeker Lounge",,,,,,,I would love for you to get many responses for encouragement,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,you should be lifted up & receive the many Blessings through fellowship here,we love you & we do care that you be filled with the Peace,Love,Comfort & Joy God has for you!!!!!

Sister,I understand you well as a Sister "survivor" Miraculously Healed by our Heavenly Father,my advice to you is to concentrate & focus on YOU first,,,,,,receiving the Blessed Assurance from our Lord that you are again WHOLE,COMPLETE,RESTORED,HEALED,DELIVERED,BOLD,CONFIDENT,FREE,,,,,,,the enemy tries to make us"feel" we are still in bondage,guilty,incomplete,shameful ,,,,,,,incomplete,,,,,,we ARE not,we are a finished work,free from the ravage of disease.....

Once you receive this FREEDOM(in Christ) you can rest assured that if God's Will for you & your husband is to bring up a child (whether by natural conception,IVF,etc,,,,OR adoption),,,,,,IT WILL BE DONE!!!!!!! You & your husband MUST be on the same page,in complete agreement in one accord as you are ONE FLESH & part of that SAME BODY,indwelled with the SAME SPIRIT that raised Jesus from the dead,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,you must receive Gods Blessed Assurance & your husband must receive the SAME or do not proceed with anything,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,your marriage is not in question & nothing should interfere,you are ONE,,,,,,,don't either of you let the desires of your heart hinder what God will reveal to you when together you are seeking HIS WILL,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I hope this encourages you to stop pressing forward & take a breathe to simply WAIT for Gods guidance & direction,perhaps He wants you to slow down & LISTEN,,,,,,,Sister,dear Sister,,,,,,,Sarah was well beyond child bearing years,,,,,,had she & Abraham just took & breathe to WAIT a little longer & TRUST God implicitly they could have avoided the many reprocussions they both needlessly had to deal with ,,,,,,simply because of the desires of their own hearts,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

To God be the Glory                                    With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  12
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

On 4/26/2016 at 10:02 PM, mayfield said:

Recently my oncologist suggested implanting an embryo in my uterus. This in itself is a miracle as we were expecting my menstrual cycles to end after radiation therapy to my pelvis. However, I am riddled with guilt and confusion. I feel strongly that this particular form of infertility treatment would be disobeying God- creating and ending human life in the form of embryos. Yet, the hope of possibly carrying a pregnancy to term is so great- my single greatest wish in this world. Could someone please offer any advice?

Who is creating and ending human life? The doctors? They did not make the egg, sperm or the uterus, they are simply changing a method in the formula that creates life, the formula being a design of God's right? Rather than this being done by sexual intercourse, the egg and sperm are simply fertilized in a lab instead but both things remain the products of the parents.

Science is simply a tool, that tool being provided by God so that we as a species can grow and progress. The child born from this treatment would still be yours biologically, in this aspect, it would be no different from a full and complete "natural" pregnancy. The child will still be formed of (as all are) the genetics of its parents so apart from the artificial and technological assisted fertilization, the child would still be the product of its father and mother just like any other child.

The doctors are not playing God here and are simply using a tool of God's to help the natural progress of birth.

Why would there be all these medicines, methods of medicating, knowledge of surgery and procedures if God had not intended for us to one day heal our own wounds? There is surely a cure for every problem and surely the reason we have medical science is so that we can discover them ourselves. This doesn't take away the glory from God because then we will remember who enabled us to perform these great works - all knowledge and wisdom that is good comes from God.

"Blessed be the name of God forever and ever, for wisdom and might are His. And He changes the times and the seasons; He removes kings and raises up kings; He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to those who have understanding. He reveals deep and secret things; He knows what is in the darkness, and light dwells with Him." Daniel 2:20

We have received knowledge from God. It has not stopped us from conceiving children naturally and it helps those who can't do so naturally. Surely this knowledge is meant to be put to use and the use it is put to is a good one, to help produce a child for loving parents. Their love being a product also of God's.

Literal or metaphorical, Genesis tells us to be fruitful and multiply so surely it would be contrary to God's plan if those who cannot having children by natural means, forgo'd artificial means and had no children of their own even though the power had now been given to them to do so.

In The Tower of Babel story, in Genesis 11:6, God exclaims that after the building of the tower and the unification of people, nothing that humans set out to do will be impossible. 

"Look!" he said. "The people are united, and they all speak the same language. After this, nothing they set out to do will be impossible for them!

God knew what we would do and what technology we would be creating. If it was contrary to his plan, he would have made a commandment against any sort of technological progress. These is nothing wrong with the knowledge we've gained and technology we've created if we put them to use for the glory of God.

Edited by Rationaltheology

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  6
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Thank you, thank you for your insight. What you've said make sense to me and it sits right with me. I continue praying for God to show us the way and the wisdom for us to hear Him.

• 6 months later...

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  15
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

HE WHO IS NOT WITH ME IS AGAINST ME 

MAN OUGHT TO OBEY GOD RATHER THAN MAN 

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  552
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

On 4/26/2016 at 2:02 PM, mayfield said:

Hi, I am nervous to post this here but here we go. I am 32 years old and a cancer survivor. Being diagnosed with cancer and underdoing treatment at my age was incredibly hard but the worst part was learning that treatment would leave me infertile. I felt broken, worthless and ashamed for a long time but eventually, God and my church healed me physically and emotionally. For a while, I thought my purpose was to adopt. My husband however kept pushing for surrogacy. Recently my oncologist suggested implanting an embryo in my uterus. This in itself is a miracle as we were expecting my menstrual cycles to end after radiation therapy to my pelvis. However, I am riddled with guilt and confusion. I feel strongly that this particular form of infertility treatment would be disobeying God- creating and ending human life in the form of embryos. Yet, the hope of possibly carrying a pregnancy to term is so great- my single greatest wish in this world. Could someone please offer any advice? I pray for an answer everyday. 

Mayfield,

Nothing is impossible for God. So, the question is, is pregnancy his will for you or not? If it is, it will happen. But the world is not without tribulations, so the two are not necessarily connected. He knows your heart. Keep praying...and let him untangle things - He's good at that. God bless!

Edited by ScottA
spelling