• Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

1 hour ago, rikdegraaff said:

Dear Brothers and Sisters,

What a beautiful stories.
I am almost crying of happiness, you all have such beautiful replies and beautiful words from God.

I now get the phrase "Born again".

It is a load of information, what is written above here, but I am now getting it.
One little question, is this the right English bible?
If someone can explain me a little bit about the different translations of bibles, I would love to hear that.

Well, I wish everyone a beautiful day.
You're all brothers and sisters of mine.
Thank God that I met you all on this forum.

Love and blessings,

Rik

Hi Rik :)

You forgot to send the link for the Bible you are talking about ,there are different Bible translations and I hope and pray nobody will confuse you here in Worthy  with all the translation there are,are you looking for the Dutch or English Bible? You need a Bible you can read  and I would very suggest you read the ESV first ,why not go online and see if you find this Bible understandable?

What do you think of this link? You can read and listen to the Bible,click on the speaker on the right side of the page,hope this help?https://www.bible.com/bible/59/mat.5.esv

Rik, you might like to listen to this beautiful music,that makes me almost cry,to realize how much Jesus loves you and me,listen to the first song and the words......:emot-heartbeat: this link will start to play a lot of song from Robin Mark,I hope you like it and may you hear God speaking through him.:emot-heartbeat:

Any questions?

To the worthy members: Please anybody reading this DO NOT start an argument about translations!!!!!!!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Rik,,,,,,

Why don't you just read the Bible in your language,?,,,,,I'm going to try to look into this a bit further for you,,,,,,,that I may understand the versions available to you in your native tongue,,,,,,,,,,,,it may take me a couple of days,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Love,Kwik

Blessings Rik,,,,,,

Why don't you just read the Bible in your language,?,,,,,I'm going to try to look into this a bit further for you,,,,,,,that I may understand the versions available to you in your native tongue,,,,,,,,,,,,it may take me a couple of days,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Love,Kwik

Also...

There is no doubt, for me that the Lord and Jesus exists.
So I want to know where I can get the most information about the life of Jesus and his followers, before Jesus died for our sins.
This question because I think that I can do things, like helping someone, much better if I know more about Jesus' life and what he did.
I know that in great lines, but not the fine things...

You are a living testimony right here & now to the Glory,Grace & Love of our Heavenly Father,,,,,,,,He has touched your heart & imprinted His Word Jesus on it,,,,,,,,,you will get to know much more ABOUT Him through the Living Word(which is the Bible) but getting to KNOW HIM is already taking place,clearly,,,,,,,,,keep seeking Him,praying to Him,talking to Him & He WILL reveal Himself to you,,,,,,,,,LISTEN to that Still Small Voice within you,,,,,,,,,,,,it is His Holy Spirit that will lead you & guide you into ALL TRUTH,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,so glad you are here,May we continue to be Blessed to Bless you as you are a Blessing to us,,,,,,,

• Followers:  56

https://www.biblegateway.com/versions/Het-Boek-HTB/#booklis

I will ask a good friend in Holland which one he thinks a good safe translation to use!

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  50
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/23/1993

Thanks all forhelpibg me to find a right  Bible.

I am now off to bed, but I have the "Het Boek" translation of the Bible, in Dutch.

I have also the translation from the Jehovah witnesses, in Dutch.

So that is no problem. I only thought that English was better because we can all talk about the same names of the books...

But like now it isn't a problem with which language I use, or am I wrong?

Well, I am going to read a little bit of Johns gospel. And trying to sleep after that.

Goodnight,

Rik

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.24

2 hours ago, rikdegraaff said:

I have also the translation from the Jehovah witnesses, in Dutch.

Hi rikdegraaff, a late welcome to Worthy! :)

Hey, the "Jehovah Witness" bible is not a "real" Bible. They call "theirs" the "New World Translation."
And, as a cult, the Jehovah's Witnesses believe Jesus Christ to have formally been the arch angel Michael.
Jesus Christ was NEVER Michael the arch angel, he MADE Michael!

The JWs have removed every reference to the deity of Jesus Christ as God the Son in that NWT false bible of theirs.

The Jehovah's Witness "New World Translation" is NOT a Bible much less one to study from, and will lead astray those not well grounded in God's Word!

God Bless

• Followers:  56

50 minutes ago, B3L13v3R said:

Hi rikdegraaff, a late welcome to Worthy! :)

Hey, the "Jehovah Witness" bible is not a "real" Bible. They call "theirs" the "New World Translation."
And, as a cult, the Jehovah's Witnesses believe Jesus Christ to have formally been the arch angel Michael.
Jesus Christ was NEVER Michael the arch angel, he MADE Michael!

The JWs have removed every reference to the deity of Jesus Christ as God the Son in that NWT false bible of theirs.

The Jehovah's Witness "New World Translation" is NOT a Bible much less one to study from, and will lead astray those not well grounded in God's Word!

God Bless

Agree with b3l13v3r the JW is not a good Bible to use or read.. :(

About "Het boek" I don't really know but. I FB my friend in Holland and asked him about a good Bible, hopefully he   gets  back to me soon~~~

Hello both,
Thanks for your replies.
As I said, I have already "Het Boek" (HTB), that's almost the most common bible here in Holland (I think).

But thanks @angels4u, for asking which bible-translation is the best.
I appreciate that a lot.

Well, it is 9 am here, I am just awake and getting started for a God blessed day.
I feel, every time I am here on the forums, some relaxation and peace in my body, fantastic!!

Have a nice day and may God bless you!
Greetings, Rik

Blessings Rik......

I believe this is closest to the English King James Version,,,,,, I am still researching

The Statenvertaling was ordered by the States General at the Dordrecht synod (1618-1619). The six translators tried to remain as close as possible to the original texts; therefore the text is full of 'Hebraisms': text seeming Hebrew.
The Statenvertaling has had quite some impact on the Dutch language. It has been the authorative translation for most Dutch protestants since the 17th century, until a new translation was published in 1951-1952.
A committee established by the minister of Education concluded (2006) that the translation had so much influence on Dutch culture that it deserved a place among the 50 deciding moments in Dutch history.

The text used on this web site is based on the 1888 edition, which has been altered several times to comply with new spelling rules. The apocrypha are included, as well as the marginalia (kanttekeningen, 'edge notes' or marginalia): clarifying remarks by the translators, originally printed in the margins.

The search tool lets you search the bible texts. The concordance is the list of all words, linked to the place of occurence in the texts.

The site includes many works of art inspired by biblical stories. There is a list of artists. Please note the possibility of sending e-cards!

Copyright © 1999 - 2015 contentecontent.com. Feel free to mail us for more information: info@statenvertaling.net

The only difference I can see ,so far is the "adding" of the Apochrypha,,,,,,,,,I am thinking the Het Boek you have is the most popular i the Netherlands & may be very close to the Catholic version translated from the Latin Vulgate,,,,not the best choice but I am still looking & learning ,,,,,,,just keep reading & talking to us,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I'm still searching                                              With love-in Christ,Kwik

So far,,,,,this seems to be a reliable "Bijbel",,,,,,,,,

Statenvertaling (Dutch Bible)

Thank you Kwik, for the explanation of the bible versions.
I am now focusing on getting an English bible.

Is the most common English bible, the "King James Bible"?
Like this one: http://www.bookdepository.com/The-Holy-Bible-Authorized-King-James-Version-Harper-Collins/9780007103072?ref=grid-view
So if I buy the above bible, is that okay?

I want an English bible because I am so interested in God's word in an other (English) language.

Thanks for all the research @kwikphilly , @angels4u and all the other brothers and sisters.
I am still feeling comfortable here, I love this place to talk about Him.

Love and blessings,

Rik