• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

Hi Rik,

I'm looking for you , I read the NKJ Ryrie Bible and like it very much,here is a good link for you:https://www.bol.com/nl/p/the-nkjv-study-bible/1001004005755572/ or https://www.bol.com/nl/s/boeken/zoekresultaten/Ntt/ESV%2Bbible%2Bstudy%2Bbible/N/8299+1426/Nty/1/search/true/searchType/qck/defaultSearchContext/media_all/sc/books_scnd/index.html

I think you would like the ESV ,it's reads much easier and you can always buy the other one after reading the ESV first,so you get an better understanding of the Bible.

Hope this helps?

( I love my Ryrie study Bible,did read the book of  Ecclesiastics this morning) 

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Rik,,,,,

I think that is just fine,,,,,I'll tell you what I enjoy & you may find it hel[ful,especially that "English" is not your native tongue & it is up to you Brother,,,,,,,I believe Jesus has Touched you & I know you are going to be just find as it is His Most Holy Spirit that will Reveal Gods Truth to you,,,,,,,,:emot-heartbeat:

I like to read "parallel",,,,,now this is just my preferences,I like to read the KJV & with it(side by side) I compare with another version when understanding can be a little difficult,,,,,(& of course,pray),,,,,,,as our Sister Angels4u seems to think you may understand the text of the ESV(which would be fine)perhaps you can read both?????   It is fun,helps to get a better grasp of the KJV,which I believe is a reliable translation with fewest errors,,,,,,,Rik,they are both good versions,,,,,,,,,I don't ever want you to get confused,as you can afford to make purchases (maybe little by little) eventually your library will grow,,,,,,,like mine,I probably have every version you can think of,,,,,,,,,God is ALWAYS the SOURCE,seek Him through His Word(in either version) & you will be just fine!!!!!

We are sooooo glad you are here & we are always here for you to ask questions & will do our very best to help you      Love,Kwik

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Content Count:  56,106
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

if you want a sampling ahead of time for what you might like to purchase go to

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis+1&version=NASB

they make a very good Android app with many translations on it, but you do have to have internet access for it to work....   Esword has a good app that downloads several different translations to your phone that will give you a good idea also.....   both are free.

I normally use the 1972 version of the NASB for it seems to be the closest to a word for word translation, but have access to the others when something doesn't seem really clear....   referencing different versions can give a slightly different perspective depending on one's grasp on the english language.

Just a thought though, I use these to study....   when I want to just read for overall knowledge I don't read at all.  I am a auditory learner so I have both the KJV and the NASB in mp3 format and I listen to the word much more than I read it.  That is just my own personal quirk though.

6 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

Blessings Rik,,,,,

I think that is just fine,,,,,I'll tell you what I enjoy & you may find it hel[ful,especially that "English" is not your native tongue & it is up to you Brother,,,,,,,I believe Jesus has Touched you & I know you are going to be just find as it is His Most Holy Spirit that will Reveal Gods Truth to you,,,,,,,,:emot-heartbeat:

I like to read "parallel",,,,,now this is just my preferences,I like to read the KJV & with it(side by side) I compare with another version when understanding can be a little difficult,,,,,(& of course,pray),,,,,,,as our Sister Angels4u seems to think you may understand the text of the ESV(which would be fine)perhaps you can read both?????   It is fun,helps to get a better grasp of the KJV,which I believe is a reliable translation with fewest errors,,,,,,,Rik,they are both good versions,,,,,,,,,I don't ever want you to get confused,as you can afford to make purchases (maybe little by little) eventually your library will grow,,,,,,,like mine,I probably have every version you can think of,,,,,,,,,God is ALWAYS the SOURCE,seek Him through His Word(in either version) & you will be just fine!!!!!

We are sooooo glad you are here & we are always here for you to ask questions & will do our very best to help you      Love,Kwik

Kwik,KJV is very difficult to read for a  second language.,

Rik God touched you big time and all the glory belongs to Him!

We love you in Christ!:emot-heartbeat:

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  50
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/23/1993

Good afternoon brothers and sisters,

Okay, thank you'll for giving me some explanation about the different English bibles.
But I am getting a little bit confused now.
The NJK is (I think) too difficult for me, because English isn't my native language.

So I think, the best option is an ESV bible.
Now comes the problem if I want to buy ESV bible, where can I buy it (at a shop that delivers it to Holland)?

Well that's it for now, I'll hope you all have a blessed day.

--Rik

Edited by rikdegraaff

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Rik God touched you big time and all the glory belongs to Him!

We love you in Christ!:emot-heartbeat:                                                posted by Angels4u

That's for sure Rik,,,,,,& since Angels is much more familiar with your language I think she knows better than I ,,,,,,,,,,I must applaud your efforts to read the Bible in English,,,,,,,probably a parallel(side by side) study with the ESV & your Het Boek might work out very well?,,,,,,,,,,,English is a very complicated language to begin with,the KJV is "Old English" & can be very hard to comprehend even if English(American)is primary ,,,,,,,,,,,God be with you ALWAYS!

With love-in Christ,Kwik

1 minute ago, rikdegraaff said:

Good afternoon brothers and sisters,

Okay, thank you'll for giving me some explanation about the different English bibles.
But I am getting a little bit confused now.
The NJK is (I think) too difficult for me, because English isn't my native language.

So I think, the best option is an ESV bible.
Now comes the problem if I want to buy ESV bible, where can I buy it (at a shop that delivers it to Holland)?

Well that's it for now, I'll hope you all have a blessed day.

--Rik

Rik ,I think the ESV is the best translation for you,can you order it from the link I gave you in Holland?

https://www.bol.com/nl/s/boeken/zoekresultaten/Ntt/ESV%2Bbible%2Bstudy%2Bbible/N/8299+1426/Nty/1/search/true/searchType/qck/defaultSearchContext/media_all/sc/books_scnd/index.html

Hope this helps?

1 minute ago, angels4u said:

Rik ,I think the ESV is the best translation for you,can you order it from the link I gave you in Holland?

https://www.bol.com/nl/s/boeken/zoekresultaten/Ntt/ESV%2Bbible%2Bstudy%2Bbible/N/8299+1426/Nty/1/search/true/searchType/qck/defaultSearchContext/media_all/sc/books_scnd/index.html

Hope this helps?

Hi angels4u,

I can order it, but I have multiple bibles to choose from with your link.
I think that this one is the best...?

https://www.bol.com/nl/p/esv-study-bible/1001004009061586/

Thanks for all the help!

Rik ,how about this one? John macArthur is very Biblical and he will have good notes on the bottom of the pages..

https://www.bol.com/nl/p/esv-macarthur-study-bible/1001004010493597/

Hi angels4u and all the others,

Thanks for your reply, I think that your link the best option is.
I am going to save some money and buy it then.

Now I have a question about the New World Translation from the Jehovah Witnesses.
I have this translation in Dutch.
But I heard from some members in this topic, that the New World Translation isn't right.
Why are some of you "against" this translation??
I've compared it with my "normal" bible, and I don't see any faults...
I have to admit that I did not read the whole bible, but I don't see anything that I think that is not right.

Let's take John chapters 1 to 3, I have read the chapters in both bibles, but there is nothing wrong.
Okay it is written with other words, but what is wrong with the New World Translation??

If someone thinks that I need a new topic to discuss the above, that is all right.

I would love to get this explained to me.
Have a blessed day,

Rik