• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

On 7/2/2016 at 5:33 PM, seeking the lost said:

There are many challenges to unity.  One of the most often used is "Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers." (2 Cor.6:14.  This means that one has judged self to be believer, a true believer and the other is not worthy of being called a believer regardless of any confession.

Psalms 133 indicates when we dwell together in unity it is there that the Lord commands a blessing, even life evermore.  This would be another blessing beyond the John 17 prayer of Jesus which He asks the Father to make us one in order that the World may know. 

Agree Seeking, the only true unity is only possible with our brothers and sisters in Christ~

1 Peter 3:8 

Finally, all of you, have unity of mind, sympathy, brotherly love, a tender heart, and a humble mind.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  494
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, angels4u said:

Agree Seeking, the only true unity is only possible with our brothers and sisters in Christ~

1 Peter 3:8 

Finally, all of you, have unity of mind, sympathy, brotherly love, a tender heart, and a humble mind.

The point to ponder is, how do we determine that another person is wrong in what they believe and that we are absolutely correct in our beliefs?

1 hour ago, seeking the lost said:

The point to ponder is, how do we determine that another person is wrong in what they believe and that we are absolutely correct in our beliefs?

Don't you think we could still disagree on topics but still have unity knowing we're both in Christ?

(I'm talking about born again believers)

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  641
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

On 6/15/2016 at 11:00 PM, missmuffet said:

I think that a Catholic and a nonCatholic can have unity with each other. They just have to respect each others differences in what they believe. I also think that a Calvinist and a non Calvinist can have a healthy debate. It just can not become heated and angry. We can not point fingers at each other. We can each post what our beliefs are without someone saying that they are a heathen because of their belief. That is between them and God. We all have our own views. Where my boundaries are is when someone is posting very false doctrine. We then have to tell them what they are posting in not Biblical.

Well said, we are called to the unity of Love in Christ Jesus.  To listen with respect and when someone is abusive to gently withdraw from the conversation, for in reality it is not longer that at all. 

5 hours ago, angels4u said:

Don't you think we could still disagree on topics but still have unity knowing we're both in Christ?

(I'm talking about born again believers)

I think that would be great.  To many times we judge others as non believers unless they agree with us.  The body of Christ is way to divided.

Just now, seeking the lost said:

I think that would be great.  To many times we judge others as non believers unless they agree with us.  The body of Christ is way to divided.

We should be able to disagree and still have unity?

1 minute ago, angels4u said:

We should be able to disagree and still have unity?

One Lord, One faith, One God and Father of us all.  Disagreements can hinder if not shatter relationships.  I think it is important to find common ground in Christ and stand together.  I like the quote from 1 Peter 3:8 and say yes and amen. 

9 minutes ago, seeking the lost said:

One Lord, One faith, One God and Father of us all.  Disagreements can hinder if not shatter relationships.  I think it is important to find common ground in Christ and stand together.  I like the quote from 1 Peter 3:8 and say yes and amen. 

Finally, all of you, be like-minded, be sympathetic, love one another, be compassionate and humble.

Amen!

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,134
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Personally, I do not feel or think, that I am dis-unified, just because I disagree with you about reformed theology and eschatology. That is more important than if I like kethcup while you prefer mustard, but it is not cause to break union. My wife and I were one, we were in union, yet we did not agree on everything. However, we looked in the same direction, had similar goals, held the same things to be sacred and important.

I like to think, that you and I, as much as we disagree about some thing, have unity, because we both hold that loving God is most important. That loving and serving others is next. That reaching a dying world for Jesus, is a very high calling to which we are committed.                         Omegaman

AND because we have within us the SAME SPIRIT,the Holy Spirit   The more we forsake of ourselves,our flesh ,the more we become like minded  having the Mind of Christ,there is nothing to disagree on when we completely submit & yield to the Power that indwells   Basically,everything I hear from Mega,I am in one accord with(& I did say BASICALLY-lol)  The trivial things are of little or no consequence 

It goes back to the same old thing,always  The enemy goes about seeking to see who he CAN devour,anyone letting their guard down & that feeble minded spirit  of pride will come along & whisper"But you're r6ight & he is wrong"   ....Half the times,the 2 debating are saying the SAME thing different ways-lol    We ARE UNITED by our Faith in the knowledge of WHO Jesus is,He is our Head,we are His Body    we must "listen" more & let the Holy Spirit move through us,listen to one another because we ARE Family,because we do love one another   Let nothing come between us,in Jesus Name                                                                              With love-in Christ,Kwik

15 hours ago, seeking the lost said:

Amen !

1 Corinthians 12:12-31King James Version (KJV)

12 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.

13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

14 For the body is not one member, but many.

15 If the foot shall say, Because I am not the hand, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?

16 And if the ear shall say, Because I am not the eye, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?

17 If the whole body were an eye, where were the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where were the smelling?

18 But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased him.

19 And if they were all one member, where were the body?

20 But now are they many members, yet but one body.

21 And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee: nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you.

22 Nay, much more those members of the body, which seem to be more feeble, are necessary:

23 And those members of the body, which we think to be less honourable, upon these we bestow more abundant honour; and our uncomely parts have more abundant comeliness.

24 For our comely parts have no need: but God hath tempered the body together, having given more abundant honour to that part which lacked.

25 That there should be no schism in the body; but that the members should have the same care one for another.

26 And whether one member suffer, all the members suffer with it; or one member be honoured, all the members rejoice with it.

27 Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.

28 And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.

29 Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles?

30 Have all the gifts of healing? do all speak with tongues? do all interpret?

31 But covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.