IGNORED

Great Britain Leaving the EU is part of Biblical Prophecy?

GoldenEagle

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,145
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/24/1993

i did however have a strong conviction it would be a leave the EU 

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  308
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/14/1944

On ‎25‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 0:33 PM, GoldenEagle said:

I'd never heard this before. What do you think?

Greetings Golden Eagle,

I believe that the term “Merchants of Tarshish and all the young lions” in Ezekiel 38 is speaking of Britain as a merchant trading nation, and will be united with Sheba and Dedan, southern Arab nations. These will form a southern confederacy and they will oppose the King of the North of Ezekiel 38 when it invades Israel in the latter days. As such I agree with the general scope of the article that you quote and the definition of these terms found in Ezekiel 38. Where I differ with the articles and maps on that site is that I believe that the king of the south existed as Britain in occupation of Egypt in 1917 when Britain pushed at the Turkey power and freed the land to allow the eventual establishment of Israel. I believe that this is the first part of Daniel 11:40. I parallel the second part of Daniel 11:40 and the following verses with Ezekiel 38, the invasion of the king of the north. Associated with the king of the north are various nations and I believe that some of these are Europeans. Thus Britain is opposing the king of the north and some Europeans in the events of Ezekiel 38. As such Britain is not united with Europe in these events, but is opposed to them. Where I also differ with the site is where it indicates that the southern confederacy is the “king of the south”, but I believe that Britain is no longer the king of the south, defined as a land based power in occupation of Egypt, but is a merchant power in the region.

Kind regards
Trevor

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,111
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

On 6/25/2016 at 10:14 AM, Ezra said:

In Daniel 11 "North" represents Syria and the Seleucids and "South" represents Egypt and the Ptolemys in relation to the land of Israel. 

Nevertheless, the Seleucid Antiochus Ephiphanes, when he ascended to power, came to Syria from Rome. That cannot be wholly discounted, in my mind. So we must ask, who are the spiritual descendants of the Seleucids and the Ptolemies in our day?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,106
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

define spiritual decedents....

Greetings,

To further clarify my previous statements, I believe that there is no power existing at present that corresponds to the King of the South. Nor will there be when the King of the North invades the Holy Land, Israel and also invades Egypt. Britain fulfilled the role of the King of the South in 1917 when she pushed the Turk out of the Holy land, but later Britain withdrew from Egypt and Egypt became an independent nation. Thus in the following it does not say the King of the North conquers the King of the South, but that it conquers Egypt.

Daniel 11:40-45 (KJV): 40 And at the time of the end shall the king of the south push at him: and the king of the north shall come against him like a whirlwind, with chariots, and with horsemen, and with many ships; and he shall enter into the countries, and shall overflow and pass over. 41 He shall enter also into the gloriousk land, and many countries shall be overthrown: but these shall escape out of his hand, even Edom, and Moab, and the chief of the children of Ammon. 42 He shall stretch forth his hand also upon the countries: and the land of Egypt shall not escape. 43 But he shall have power over the treasures of gold and of silver, and over all the precious things of Egypt: and the Libyans and the Ethiopians shall be at his steps. 44 But tidings out of the east and out of the north shall trouble him: therefore he shall go forth with great fury to destroy, and utterly to make away many. 45 And he shall plant the tabernacles of his palace between the seas in the glorious holy mountain; yet he shall come to his end, and none shall help him.

Kind regards
Trevor

Edited by TrevorL

21 hours ago, other one said:

define spiritual decendents....

9 hours ago, TrevorL said:

Greetings,

To further clarify my previous statements, I believe that there is no power existing at present that corresponds to the King of the South.

The ultimate kings of the north and south are not men, they are spiritual "Powers in heavenly places." Eph. 3:10 They only operate through earthly leaders of men, using them as puppets. Both of these spiritual Powers still exist and operate. In my opinion, the spiritual king of the south is the god of Islam; the spiritual Power of the north is probably the one once called Zeus and Jupiter, amongst other names, whose statue stands in the plaza in front of the UN building in NYC.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,106
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

35 minutes ago, WilliamL said:

The ultimate kings of the north and south are not men, they are spiritual "Powers in heavenly places." Eph. 3:10 They only operate through earthly leaders of men, using them as puppets. Both of these spiritual Powers still exist and operate. In my opinion, the spiritual king of the south is the god of Islam; the spiritual Power of the north is probably the one once called Zeus and Jupiter, amongst other names, whose statue stands in the plaza in front of the UN building in NYC.

Revelation refers to Zeus as Satan as was the seat of power in Pergamum....   Most of that alter that alter is now in Germany.

3 hours ago, other one said:

Revelation refers to Zeus as Satan as was the seat of power in Pergamum....   Most of that alter that alter is now in Germany.

In Berlin, the capital of Germany.

5 hours ago, WilliamL said:

Greetings WilliamL,

You seem to have moved away from the literal sub-division of the Grecian Empire into four parts and then the emphasis in Daniel 11 on the King of the North and the King of the South, defined by the actual area where these two powers ruled. The King of the North in Ezekiel 38 is supported by Persia and this is an Islam country. The present alliance between Russia and Iran in Syria appears to be a precursor of this. Thus the King of the North is a literal power, headed up by Russia, confederate with Iran, and also backed by Europe including the Papacy Revelation 16. It is therefore Roman Catholic and Eastern Orthodox and Shiite Islam in religion.

The southern confederacy will be moderate Sunni Islam backed by Britain and the Commonwealth countries, but it appears from Ezekiel 38 and Daniel 11 the King of the North will defeat this opposition and stand triumphant in the Holy Land, only to be defeated by the intervention of the Lord Jesus Christ himself at the Battle of Armageddon.

Kind regards
Trevor

Edited by TrevorL

2 hours ago, TrevorL said:

The King of the North in Ezekiel 38 is supported by Persia and this is an Islam country. The present alliance between Russia and Iran in Syria appears to be a precursor of this. Thus the King of the North is a literal power, headed up by Russia...

Ezekiel 38 has nothing to do with the King of the North of Daniel 11. Daniel 11:40ff. deals with events leading up to the Trib; Ezekiel 38-39 deals with events during the close of the Wrath.