• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

4 hours ago, gerbilgirl said:

Mental health professionals do not classify homosexuality as a mental illness.  And if someone has no control over it, as you just stated, why can't they be gay if that makes them happy?

They did, until they were forced to change it. They classified transgender as mental illness until the most recent update of the DSM a couple of years ago.

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

On 7/3/2016 at 4:10 PM, OakWood said:

http://blogs.wsj.com/law/2016/06/30/christianmingle-com-opens-doors-to-gay-singles-under-settlement/

The owner of online dating site ChristianMingle.com has agreed to let gay and lesbian users search for same-sex matches under a judge-approved settlement of discrimination claims.

Two gay men filed class-actions claims against Spark Network inc. in California courts in 2013 alleging that Christianmingle.com and several other sites in the company’s portfolio of niche dating services excluded users looking to meet singles of the same sex.

ChristianMingle, billed as the largest online community for Christian singles, required new users to specify whether they’re a man seeking a woman or a woman seeking a man. The lead plaintiffs, two gay men who tried using it, claimed that the limited options violated California’s anti-discrimination law.

Known as the Unruh civil rights act the state law requires “business establishments” to offer “full and equal accommodations” to people regardless of their sexual orientation.

Under the agreement, the gateway homepages now ask just whether a user is a “man” or a “woman.” Spark Networks agreed that within two years, it would adjust other searching and profile features to give gay and lesbian singles a more tailored experience.

That doesn't surprise me.  Steve Harvey the host of Family Feud  also a born again Christian or so he stated, he too has a dating sight that allows same sex people to look for a match.  Since I don't go to these things I don't care except I see the church selling out to pressure. Very , very sad.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,332
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  0

23 hours ago, ayin jade said:

They did, until they were forced to change it. They classified transgender as mental illness until the most recent update of the DSM a couple of years ago.

Yes, but that was 43 years ago, and they changed it because they learned more about homosexuality.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

On 7/13/2016 at 11:41 AM, shiloh357 said:

There is nothing to "interpret."   He calls it an abomination, something disgusting and abhorrent.   So, you really have nothing to interpret.  It means what it says.  And yes you are ignoring it.

Amen.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

On 7/12/2016 at 11:34 AM, gerbilgirl said:

Judging by all the posts here it doesn't seem very accepted by Christians.  However, it should be.  God doesn't discriminate on the basis on sexual orientation just as he doesn't discriminate against any particular race.  I think the gay "lifestyle" as you call it should be accepted, yes.  

A believer cannot accept nor support homosexuality.  We can love them and pray for them but their lifestyle is an abomination that is clearly spelled out in the Bible.  Have you read the Bible, GG?

3 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

A believer cannot accept nor support homosexuality.  We can love them and pray for them but their lifestyle is an abomination that is clearly spelled out in the Bible.  Have you read the Bible, GG?

I'm a believer who accepts homosexuality and I know other believers who accept homosexuality.  Yes, I have read the Bible.  

On 7/13/2016 at 0:41 PM, shiloh357 said:

There is nothing to "interpret."   He calls it an abomination, something disgusting and abhorrent.   So, you really have nothing to interpret.  It means what it says.  And yes you are ignoring it.

Well it's not black and white to me.  This could be due to the fact I have a disability.  And no, I'm not ignoring it.  

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,820
  • Content Per Day:  1.30
  • Days Won:  2

19 minutes ago, gerbilgirl said:

I'm a believer who accepts homosexuality and I know other believers who accept homosexuality.  Yes, I have read the Bible.  

GG - you say you have read the Bible.  Have you read all of Romans 1 - but especially verses 26-27?

• God clearly expresses that homosexuality is a result of terrible sin already being practiced by a group of people.  It's the next step of great sin - a society accepts all other sin, so homosexuality is ushered in as God "gives them over to their passions".  God speaks in that passage of women sleeping with women and men sleeping with men as greatly sinful and a result of a body of people who have already turned their back on Him.

Have you read 1 Corinthians 6:9-10?

• Homosexuality is not the most grievous sin nor the only sin to keep someone from being saved.  BUT this passage from Paul to the church at Corinth who is accepting great sin CLEARLY spells out that people who practice, without turning away from, homosexuality, heterosexual immorality, drunkeness, greed, and more will NOT be saved!
  • Yes, people can be saved and still struggle with sinful thoughts and desires, but to continue to practice these things - with no admission of guilt or repentance - selfishly sinning against God with no concern of how we offend Him, THIS is the abomination.

So what is there to interpret, GG?

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

1 hour ago, gerbilgirl said:

Yes, but that was 43 years ago, and they changed it because they learned more about homosexuality.  

They changed it because of political correctness. It is not the way God intended man to be. He set the pattern in the garden of eden. One man, one woman. A depiction of Christ and His bride (the church). The devil has twisted it, sin has twisted it, into the abomination homosexuality is. 

Guest shiloh357
2 hours ago, gerbilgirl said:

If you knew other believers who accept adultery, would that make adultery okay?   God calls that a sin too.   It is possible to read the Bible but have eyes trained to see what we want to see and not see the truth.