• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  237
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/27/1974

1st Corinthians 2:10 

10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

21 minutes ago, Just a Mirror said:

I really do not understand the resistance to a line of reasoning thats trying to wrap your head around what something is in the bible.

I'm not saying anything crazy, the real problem I believe is summed up in one statement, "you cant teach an old dog new tricks."

You see our realities and how we perceive truth or information is based on past experiences. If we for instance, grow up in a 7th day adventist setting, when we get older the chances of changing our minds becomes very very slim, virtually nill.

Thats the case for any belief or even nonbelief. Things that you have made your habit become acceptable, things that you have ignored become taboo to even think about.

Its how we become stubborn, through our choices in habit.

Someone said how does faith Impact my choices? Well Paul said, "those with little faith eat plants only." So how much more will faith guide your appetite for biblical knowledge?

Again in a comment someone mentioned Enoch, how he was just a man, who was taken up,  no, he was a man with a very important message.

The Book of Enoch is quoted by Jude because early Christians read the Book of Enoch. Everyone should read the Book of Enoch, it should be in the cannon. Ever wonder about Genesis 6? Read the Book of Enoch, Ever wonder if the earth is round or flat? Read the Book of Enoch? Shoot, read the bible in general and it will go along way to help you figure out that the earth is "immovable".

But, stubbornness is what keeps most Christians from learning anything outside their Denominations doctrinal dogmas.

Since my views ruffled some feathers already let me just add that its highly likely King James was a Mason and that's the reason the Book of Enoch was discarded, along with a couple other books, not because the Holy Spirit touched a Masons heart.

If you dont think those guys were about control, I just dont know what to say.

I love the Word of God, I love believers, I love everything about being a Christian, but we as a Church cant be soo naive about our enemy. 

I have not said anything antiGod, antiChrist, antifaith, I just brought a different perspective. I love you guys, God just gave me a different way of seeing.

Peace to you.

The geneva bible predated the kjv, and it does not have the book of enoch in it either. The bible is the word of God. Not the book of enoch that folks can find today. Some of what you say borders on new age nonsense. Sorry, but the word of God is the only book I need. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,994
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,692
  • Content Per Day:  11.75
  • Days Won:  226

1 hour ago, enoob57 said:

but in context they were together in the center of the earth with a void between where none could cross...
they have been removed from there and are now present with The Lord and we have no indicators as how
that is worked out Scripturally... Love,  Steven 

"The center of the earth"?. Where do you get that from?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  562
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,074
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/31/1966

1 hour ago, missmuffet said:

If you are familiar with the Parable of the Rich man and Lazarus Luke 16:19-31 the rich man in hades was able to see those in paradise. That is very possible then for those in hell viewing heaven.

I think it's just a story Jesus was telling like the prodigal son.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  237
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  04/27/1974

Have you read Enoch?

Tell me what in it in your opinion makes it taboo, though Christ and Jude spoke of its contents?

Sincerely I ask.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

23 minutes ago, Just a Mirror said:

Have you read Enoch?

Tell me what in it in your opinion makes it taboo, though Christ and Jude spoke of its contents?

Sincerely I ask.

We do not know that the book of enoch that folks read today is the same one spoken of in the bible. You are setting it up as equivalent to the bible when it is not. 

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  52
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Here is what I know about the lake of fire, hell ,Hates... I'm not going to that disco inferno where you will be burning that mother out! Over and over again for ever that's enough to keep me out!

Edited by blessed457

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34
  • Days Won:  20

19 hours ago, Just a Mirror said:

To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord.

This is only true for those who are children of God.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34
  • Days Won:  20

18 hours ago, Just a Mirror said:

Hmmm, sorry Im actually figuring this out for myself too, lol, 

Then why don't you just wait until you have figured it out?  Why are you introducing *chaos* into this discussion, since there is absolutely nothing chaotic about what God has put in place.

Hell -- the Lake of Fire -- is in *outer darkness*, which means that it will have absolutely no connection with the New Heavens and the New Earth. Outer darkness could well be completely outside of space as we know it.

Guest Robert
14 minutes ago, Ezra said:

Then why don't you just wait until you have figured it out?  Why are you introducing *chaos* into this discussion, since there is absolutely nothing chaotic about what God has put in place.

Hell -- the Lake of Fire -- is in *outer darkness*, which means that it will have absolutely no connection with the New Heavens and the New Earth. Outer darkness could well be completely outside of space as we know it.

Well said.