*Deidre*

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  521
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

What I don't care for is when atheists ask me to prove my belief to them...why must I prove something to someone at all? I have explained that I don't really feel I have anything ''to prove,'' and that is true. I share my beliefs, and I think that if one's eyes are opened to the beauty of God, he/she will eventually see that beauty. My eyes and mind were closed for a while, after I left Christianity, but last year...Jesus drew me back, and I had an encounter with the Holy Spirit. I suppose many atheists would consider my experience to be nonsense, but I don't. The key is no amount of 'evidence' would ever suffice for someone who isn't willing to believe that there might be a God who loves us  But, I pray that when we plant seeds in sharing our faith, that good things will happen...even if just one life is touched, and seeks to learn more on their own, then maybe it's worth the small debates here and there. 

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  726
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Birthday:  12/30/1974

10 hours ago, *Deidre* said:

The key is no amount of 'evidence' would ever suffice for someone who isn't willing to believe that there might be a God who loves us

Agreed.  I have found it's not about the evidence with atheists.  No one has been "argued" into becoming a believer.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  14

Unless one has seen, held and tasted an apple how can one argue that one does not exist. The same applies to God. Unless an atheist experiences God, how can he argue that one does not exist.  The only way that can be done is that the experience of "religion"  has not been sweet, because knowing Jesus and God is a sweet, comforting, loving experience.

Many years ago when "behind the iron curtain" I was asked what living in Canada was like. I had gone to the food stores, seen the oppression and felt it, seen the poverty.....how could I describe what abundance and freedom we had to someone who could not understand without seeing or experiencing what I knew. 

That is why arguing with an atheist is futile unless he experiences the love of my Lord and the freedom I have in Him.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  3

Well, ive read what has been posted here, but, more then likely, a Christian is "all the Jesus an Atheist is going to be dealing with", so, we do need to have some answers for them.

For example, ive talked with a lot of Atheists, and some of them are like dealing with Mormons or JWs, in that they KNOW what we believe and are ready to respond to our "pat" scripture packs and so forth.

So, it could be that you'll end up talking to one of those types one day and it will be one of those situations where many are watching it, listening to it., and  the Atheist may pull out his "trick card", and i'll tell you what that is..

They will ask you this....."prove God, Jesus, creation,..... any of it..... without using your Bible".

Try that one on today, if you have some time to think about it, as you may be glad you did a little later on.

Edited by Behold

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  806
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  10/21/1973

I used to debate them a bit online some years ago, but have lost all contact with them, so no.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  138
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  12/15/1941

I always ask," how can something or someone bother so much if it or they do not exist?" Plus they could have more holidays rather than just April first.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  3

If there was no God there would be no atheists.

Edited by Behold