• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,189
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

12 minutes ago, southrnbygrace said:

My problem with once saved, always saved is that it puts forth a teaching that once someone accepts Christ, they can live their life as a child killer, rapist, drunkard, etc etc and never have to worry because they'll still go to heaven since they were 'saved' when they were young. I fully believe that someone can willingly walk away from God after salvation has occurred and that if they die before repenting they will spend eternity in hell by their own choice. God will never be the one to turn his back on us, but He certainly gave us the free will to turn our backs on Him.

As long as you consider works an initial requirement you have not been born again and no born again person could fathom turning away from the only truth of eternity that of The Christ... Love, Steven

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, southrnbygrace said:

My problem with once saved, always saved is that it puts forth a teaching that once someone accepts Christ, they can live their life as a child killer, rapist, drunkard

Salvation does not depend on your behavior,Ā Ā  It only depends on you being forgiven.

When God SAVEDĀ you, BASED on the Blood of Jesus being applied to your sins and to you, He already knows everything you will do later, and He Saved you anyway.

Wouldn't God be a FOOL to save someone, knowing that later they would be able to lose it, and would?.....So, in this we see that Salvation cant be lost, but you can destroy everything else that has to do with your ChristianĀ life after you are saved, (and many do) Ā yet, you are still saved because Salvation is not based on your behavior, its ONLY based on the Blood Atonement being APPLIED to you., and once this happens, a BIRTH happens.

BirthĀ cant be undone by behavior.

You cannot stop being Born again simply because you are a horrible Christian, anymore then you cant stop being your mother's child by being a horrible person all your life. = BIRTH CANT BE UNDONE BY BEHAVIOR.

Ā 

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  88
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  1

According to Once Saved, Always Saved, an evangelical protestant like me who converts to Roman Catholicism is still saved because, as Behold said, " Salvation does not depend on your behavior,Ā Ā  It onlyĀ depends on you being forgiven."Ā 

So, someone can convert to Islam to avoid islamic persecution; Or someone could give in to the world in their professions and work in an abortion clinic, or someone could fornicate because they just give in to temptation for having blue balls all the time, and someone could steal in order to save money, or someone could become a homosexual and marry. The Anglican Church in USA and Canada bless homosexuals and have gay-ordained clergy. According to Once Saved, Always saved, at one point in your life, you could give in to your anger and murder someone by taking the law into your own hands (say, for example. getting revenge on your enemy for doing something unjust to you or your loved ones). You could go to a hindu temple and worship a hindu deity, because OSAS. End of story according to this logic. Someone can't lose their salvation. Living a life displeasing to the Lord won't matter because the blood of Jesus covers you---you have imputed righteousness. It's imputed. You're sealed.Ā 

According to Baptism not playing a role with salvation and only being a symbolic act, you should be able to take communion in all the protestant churches without having actually been baptized. And you can ignore Paul's warning to not treat the Lord's Supper with respect expecting no judgement to come upon you if you disrespect it, because according to people in here, The Lord already forgave you of all your future sins.Ā You're already justified.Ā And being already justified, you could do all these things I've said. Who are you, fellow christian, to judge a christian who does it. They're already saved and me the requirements.Ā 

So who are you to judge me if I become a Roman Catholic. I'm already saved, and once saved, always saved. There is nothing I can do to snatch me out of the enemy's hand and separate me from the Love of God.Ā 

Guest Teditis

In OSAS theory, someone who is saved has the laws of God written on their hearts and minds, as Scripture states.

Therefore all these ideas that we can run off and sin as much as want simply isn't a characteristic of someone who

is truly born-again.

And just as an aside... imho, being Roman Catholic is not a sin, there are many brothers and sister's in Christ in that denomination.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

41 minutes ago, BlueMinou said:

According to Once Saved, Always Saved, an evangelical protestant like me who converts to Roman Catholicism is still saved because, as Behold said, " Salvation does not depend on your behavior,Ā Ā  It onlyĀ depends on you being forgiven."Ā 

Salvation is what God does for you for free, Ā based on what Christ did on a Cross.....

However,Ā You are trying to place the responsibility for Redemption that God does for you, on something that you do, as if you can change it or earn it, or stop it.....and you cant.

Think of it like this.........Salvation is a Blood Transfusion of God's blood from the Cross that goes into you, when you trusted Christ to be your savior.

Now its in you.....The Ā BLOOD ATONEMENT......Its in you, it on you, its covering you......so, that is permanent., because you have a new birth.......a spiritual birth that is a result of What GOD has done for you.

You are now a Different BEING....( A new creation IN CHRIST)......you have been changedĀ from lost sinner to Saved Saint........from unredeemed humanĀ to born again Child of God. = ATONEMENT.

You are GOD's now, and that is because Christ's very BLOOD has been shed to reconcile you to the Father, and that is Salvation.

So, a person is born again......that is God the Holy Spirit regenerating them.....and that is a GOD GIVEN situationĀ that is not of you....Its OF GOD that has been APPLIED to you.

Faith is your partĀ and Redemption is God's part.....He does not do your part, and you dont do His part..........all you do is receive it.

WEĀ only receive it as a Gift....."The Gift of Righteousness".

Romans 4:5......... "to YOU that worketh NOT, but believeth on GOD who JUSTIFIES THE UNGODLY..(YOU)...= your faith has been accepted on your behalf and God now gives you HIS VERY Righteousness as YOURS".. = Grace.

When you give God your faith in Christ, He then GIVES YOU His Righteousness. = born again = redeemed = eternal life =Ā This is REDEMPTION.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84

DONT FALL FOR THE FALSE DOCTRINE OF ONCE SAVED ALWAYS SAVED.

The warnings not to be deceived and fall away or depart from the faith by Jesus (Mat. 24:4-5, 10) by the Holy Spirit (1 Tim. 4:1) by Paul (2 Thes. 2:3-4) by Peter (2 Pet. 2:1) and by John (1 John 3:7), are for believers. The unsaved can't depart from a faith they never had! This devious OSAS lie was created by Satan to trick people into losing their salvation by getting them to believe in the convenience of not having to stay in repentence - exactly like he tricked Eve into eating of the forbidden fruit by telling her: thou shalt NOT surely die! If it sounds TOO CONVENIENT to be true: it probably is.

I CORINTHIANS 10:12, Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.

Warning - Warning, I TIMOTHY 4:1

Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

I ask, HOW CAN YOU DEPART FROM THE FAITH IF YOU WERE NOT SAVED? ONLY PEOPLE WHO WERE ONCE SAVED CAN DEPART FROM THE FAITH!

Edited by HAZARD

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  281
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

1 hour ago, HAZARD said:

DONT FALL FOR THE FALSE DOCTRINE OF ONCE SAVED ALWAYS SAVED.

The warnings not to be deceived and fall away or depart from the faith by Jesus (Mat. 24:4-5, 10) by the Holy Spirit (1 Tim. 4:1) by Paul (2 Thes. 2:3-4) by Peter (2 Pet. 2:1) and by John (1 John 3:7), are for believers. The unsaved can't depart from a faith they never had! This devious OSAS lie was created by Satan to trick people into losing their salvation by getting them to believe in the convenience of not having to stay in repentence - exactly like he tricked Eve into eating of the forbidden fruit by telling her: thou shalt NOT surely die! If it sounds TOO CONVENIENT to be true: it probably is.

I CORINTHIANS 10:12, Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.

Warning - Warning, I TIMOTHY 4:1

Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

I ask, HOW CAN YOU DEPART FROM THE FAITH IF YOU WERE NOT SAVED? ONLY PEOPLE WHO WERE ONCE SAVED CAN DEPART FROM THE FAITH!

But you HAVE fallen away from faith in Christ....you are now trusting in yourself...you have not held fast to your first confession. Just as the Galatians fell away when they believed they must also keep the commandments to be saved...so have you, all sin is breaking one commandment or another.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84

I cannot depart from a country I have never been to can I ? So, 1 Timothy 4 : 1,Ā says that in the latter days SOME SHALL DEPART FROM THE FAITH,Ā  giving heed to seducing spirits, and DOCTRINS OF DEVILS;

Who are those Paul is speaking ofĀ who shall depart from the faith?

Why those who are in the faith. One must be in the faith for to be able to depart from it, that's what Paul is warning Timothy.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

On ā€Ž8ā€Ž/ā€Ž16ā€Ž/ā€Ž2016 at 4:41 AM, TehMill said:

Ā 

You will make little and slow progress in the things of God until you KNOW and are SURE for all time that you are saved, that it is all by God's grace and can never be lost....when the full realisation sinks in it acts like a trigger in you setting you FREE to be everything you want to be in God...at present you are a son of the prophets of baal halting between two opinions, hesitant, looking over your shoulder, fearful, flogging yourself along.

well said

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  216
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

I think that those who believe we can lose our salvation do not believe or understand what actually occurs when one is saved. Ā We are all born with a dead spirit inherited from adam. When we are saved God quickens or makes alive that spirit and combines it with the spirit of Jesus. That can never, ever be undone. The Word says that we who are saved are already in Heaven and awaiting Jesus return from there Ā (Phi 3:20). It also says in 1 John 4:17Ā  Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world. Ā or as the amp saysĀ  In this [union and communion with Him] love is brought to completionĀ andĀ attains perfection with us, that we may have confidence for the day of judgment [with assurance and boldness to face Him], because as He is, so are we in this world. Ā 

Ā  When the Word says we are sealed, we are sealed. Eph 1:13Ā  In whom ye alsoĀ trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

To say we can undo what God has done is so prideful it would be humorous if it wasn't so pitiful. Where is yourĀ faith? Trust God when He says we are redeemed and made worthy through Christ. I know it may not "feel" like we are worthy and often we may not "think" we are redeemed but I have learned when I think or feel one thing and God says something else, one of us is mistaken. Guess which one.Ā 

I can not speak to anyone's salvation but my own and there is no possible way I could ever deny Jesus Christ or my salvation and quite frankly anyone who can I do not believe was ever saved in the first place. The gift is too amazing and the relationship too real. I'll end this with a great quote from Thomas Aquinas...

To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible.ā€

Ā