• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,386
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  09/30/1944

What is the extent of our authority in Christ -- or do we have any authority?

As believers we have the authority to walk around our neighborhood and say, "I bind the devil in my neighborhood. I bind the drug addicts and the dope dealers." We can walk through schools and say, "I bind violence, I bind perversion, and I bind New Age teaching," Because every place where we set our foot will be ours. (Deuteronomy 11:24)

When we bind the devil, our next step is to loose the peace of Jesus in our streets--loose the righteousness of Jesus in our cities.

Matthew 18:18 -- "Truly I say to you, whever you shall bind on earth shall have been bound in heaven: and whatever you loose on earth shall have been loosed in heaven."

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

It is not necessary for a Christian to rebuke Satan. God has given us His full armor to stand against evil. The most effective weapons we have against Satan is our faith, wisdom and knowledge of God's Word.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

I believe there are times when we do need to rebuke the enemy. Yes we do have the power over him but there are times when we need to put him in his place.

Blessings, RustyAngeL

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  41,194
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

I engross myself in The Lord and He handles the rebuking stuff by the living witness of me engrossed in Him :happyhappy: 

Ephesians 1:17,19,20  -  "That He may grant you a spirit of wisdom and revelation in the deep and intimate knowledge of Him.  And so that you can know and understand what is the immeasurable and unlimited and surpassing greatness of His power in and for us who believe, as demonstrated in the working of His mighty strength.  Which He exerted in Christ when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His own right hand in the heavenly places. "

Remember that as Believers in Christ we carry that same abundant, transforming spirit of Jesus to resurrect dead souls into the light and life of Christ!

We can now demonstrate that power to transform things that have not been fulfilled into completion by the quickened Spirit of Resurrection authority deposited into us through Jesus Christ! There is no limit to this abiding Resurrection Spirit within every Believer!

Christians must now use their resurrection authority to raise souls of this earth back from spiritual atrophy and the dead life they have subjected themselves to for too long!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

On 8/12/2016 at 5:09 AM, enoob57 said:

I engross myself in The Lord and He handles the rebuking stuff by the living witness of me engrossed in Him :happyhappy: 

That is what I think enoob.

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,244
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Jud 1:8  WEB  Yet in the same way, these also in their dreaming defile the flesh, despise authority, and slander celestial beings.  Jud 1:9  But Michael, the archangel, when contending with the devil and arguing about the body of Moses, dared not bring against him an abusive condemnation, but said, “May the Lord rebuke you!”  Jud 1:10  But these speak evil of whatever things they don’t know. They are destroyed in these things that they understand naturally, like the creatures without reason.

This is an area in which we must tread very lightly.  If we are given a holy boldness under the power of the Holy Spirit to do so, I would still test the spirits.  It is much safer to ask the Lord to rebuke him.  Often in our flesh and pride we think we may have more authority than we actually have.  We may have power over the works of the enemy but not over satan himself.

Rev 12:10 WEB I heard a loud voice in heaven, saying, “Now the salvation, the power, and the Kingdom of our God, and the authority of his Christ has come; for the accuser of our brothers has been thrown down, who accuses them before our God day and night.  Rev 12:11  They overcame him because of the Lamb’s blood, and because of the word of their testimony. They didn’t love their life, even to death.

Our testimonies are a powerful way to do spiritual battle.  Singing praises to God is another.  But the ultimate sacrifice of Christ on the cross, and His office as our Great High Priest brought the defeat of satan:  He offered His own blood on the Holy of Holies mercy seat for our sins.   He bruised the head of satan.  He is permanently crippled because of the work of Jesus on the cross.  We no longer need to fear death.  Christ has triumphed gloriously.

"And I will give unto thee the keys of the Kingdom of Heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in Heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in Heaven." - Mathew 16:19

We recognize that our Lord Jesus Christ is the Ruler over ALL. After He was crucified at Calvary, Christ Jesus took the keys of Hell and death away from the enemy (Revelation 1:18). 

We have also been given keys, mighty keys, to unleash the dunamis power and unconditional, matchless love of God in the Person of Jesus Christ, to seek and save the lost to the uttermost and DISCIPLE new Christians into their inheritance in Christ.

OUR KEYS:  POWER AND AUTHORITY

What are these keys that have been given to us? The Greek word translated key in these Scriptures in Revelation 1:18 and Matthew 16:19 is "kleis," a word used to denote "power and authority." This Greek word is from the root word klei, which literally means to "shut" or to "shut up." We have literally been given the authority to "shut" the doors of access to the devil on earth and to "shut" the mouth of the accuser who tries to convince us of Hell's victory.

Bind up those evil spirits! Rebuke doubt and unbelief! Bind up the evil hordes who oppress, depress, confuse, defeat and discourage! We have been given the keys to loose the will of God on earth. 

Our eyes are opened to see our position and authority in Christ! 
The distance between Heaven and earth is gone, forever removed by the Father from His side through the sacrifice of His Son, in whom we are made warriors of mercy, love and truth. Placed in Christ in the throne room, by and with the Father, we have been given His authority on earth! 

Call forth the heavenly hosts with authority! Step into the light of Christ to follow the Lamb wherever He goes!

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  41,194
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

6 hours ago, missmuffet said:

That is what I think enoob.

I don't think there's any medication you can take :blink: to fix this appostrophe smiley.jpg