• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

11 minutes ago, Davida said:

... tell that to the Christians that are watching their daughters & wives raped , tortured and slaughtered- I guess it's just God's will to you or they must have made sinful choices?

There is sin in our world and there has been since Adam and Eve. Although I do see it escalating in the last few years. It sure is not going to get any better but a lot worse until Jesus comes back.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  898
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Davida said:

Western reproduction is so Miniscule compared to the south east Asians, and those from the continent of Africa,

Please forgive me for saying this.... I truly mean no offence.... but Christianity isn't spread by 'reproduction'.  .... It is usually spread.... by the sharing of the gospel with someone whether that person is a family member or someone else, and etc.

In parts of Asia.... Christianity grew / is growing - often with people sharing about the Lord.... to their family members or relatives.. and friends etc.

The article in the OP is about the growth of Christianity in China....  and to me I think it is wonderful that more people are hearing the gospel there and hopefully coming to know the Lord.  Whether east or west.. Christians are still Christians.. and siblings in Christ !  yay!  :)

-

Edited by just_abc

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

31 minutes ago, Davida said:

Of course, I agree that sin is increasing as the word of God has told us ahead of time. Where we disagree is I believe Christians are to be involved and have a role to play and there is no room for avoidance or complacency .   God can't use us to our potential for HIS glory if we are going to just seclude ourselves an sip herbal tea in our kitchens, washing our hands of the world and of any responsibility, ( like not voting for eg.)  & saying it's all God's will -- I don't believe it is,  and I don't believe that is how it is intended, otherwise the Bible would not have told us it is a spiritual battle - Of course God is Sovereign, and ultimately GOD is victorious but we are supposed to be doing our part  in these plans of GOD. As we do our part the enemy will throw his attacks at us as he did with Apostle Paul & the other disciples.

2 Corinthians 4:8-12 – “ . . . We are perplexed, but not in despair;       9 persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed --    10 always carrying about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our body.   11 For we who live are always delivered to death for Jesus' sake, that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our mortal flesh.     12 So then death is working in us, but life in you.”  

God has a definite plan for the way He wants our world to finish . God's Will Be Done. We have no control at all. We do need to pray and ask God's guidance and direction in how He wants us to live our lives according to His Will. The problem with our world is they want the control and do not want to give total control to God. The sovereignty of God is the concept of giving God all control of everything in this universe. When I pray I don't tell God what to do but I ask "Your Will Be Done Lord for Your Glory". We can vote however we choose but ultimately it will be God's Will that will play out.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  898
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

48 minutes ago, Davida said:

Btw,  I never said it was all about reproduction but that is a piece of it, 

Sorry - I was editing /correcting my post earlier - but was too slow.

I don't think the gospel spreads through reproduction.  Nobody is born a Christian.  Even if Christians are a minority in a country - in many countries they can often still share about the Lord with their families and friends.

-

Edited by just_abc

• Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,056
  • Content Per Day:  15.08
  • Days Won:  0

21 hours ago, Davida said:

It is Great news for the people of China, of course that is a wonderful and blessed thing when the Gospel spreads anywhere.  We in the west should ask ourselves why the Gospel isn't spreading as fast here?   It should  be a concern when a great country like the U.S. that was built on Christian values has  elected people in political power and in the educational system who are opposing Christian values & culture now at every turn.  Unlike a communist country where the people know oppression , many Christian and non-Christian people who live in America , have been benefiting from a Society and culture that is based upon Christian values ,many of these people do not appreciate that fact and take their rights &  freedoms for granted until they wake up one day and will find them gone.  Btw,  I never said it was all about reproduction but that is a piece of it, as  I said there is several reasons why the U.S. Christian population growth is slowing or lessening, Christians are not evangelizing at home . The full Gospel is not being preached in many churches and some churches here are apostate, and a lot Seminaries are apostate & have let other doctrines into them. But that is another thread discussion.  

My evangelical sister-in-law would not preach to her own daughter (deciding to let her make up her own mind) and she came out of college as an agnostic.  She has based her beliefs around evolution, discounting any other explanations as false.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  57
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

My fear, enforced by information available on the internet, is that many of the Chinese are being deceived by " Lightening from the East " and similar.  I suppose it is impossible to determine just who is leading who in the Christian outreach there.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  281
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

6 hours ago, Dok said:

My fear, enforced by information available on the internet, is that many of the Chinese are being deceived by " Lightening from the East " and similar.  I suppose it is impossible to determine just who is leading who in the Christian outreach there.

...the Holy Ghost, same  as  in Africa

11 hours ago, TehMill said:

...the Holy Ghost, same  as  in Africa

Are you saying that the "Lightning from the East" is provided and monitored by the Holy Spirit?

Edited by Dok

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  281
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

4 hours ago, Dok said:

Are you saying that the "Lightning from the East" is provided and monitored by the Holy Spirit?

I'm talking about the MILLIONS being saved, their problems have to do with LIFE, the problems we have are the problems of being in the backwater.

On 8/23/2016 at 5:47 PM, TehMill said:

I'm talking about the MILLIONS being saved, their problems have to do with LIFE, the problems we have are the problems of being in the backwater.

I'm talking about "Lightning from the East." Is that the message they are responding to? If so, it is bogus doctrine ---- no relationship to our authentic Christian message.

Edited by Dok