• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  625
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

5 hours ago, Davida said:

Why yes several copies. Why are you so wrong on your facts and misinformed then?

That is your biased reasoning. One need to give credit where it is due instead  sweeping away all.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

14 hours ago, Knowingtruth said:

What a wacky thought! So Jesus Christ came in vain and spent nearly three and a half years in preaching of no value! God forbid such thoughts. This is a typical approach of nominal Christians if I may say so. So you think the OT holds the way to salvation? You want to send the gospel books to the dust bin then?

What an even wackier thought. Jesus came in the flesh to save mankind but to no avail because Muslims think that he didn't.

And no, I don't think that the OT is the key to salvation. And I never said that it did. I said that the only way to salvation is to accept that Jesus died on the Christ. Do not make me out to be a liar! You can read exactly what I wrote - you even quoted me. Please read what I have written before misquoting me or twisting my words again.

I'll say it again:

The only way to salvation is to accept that Jesus died on the cross. Period. Muslims do not believe that he died on the cross so therefore there is no escape from damnation with Islam. Even the teachings of Jesus are irrelevant if there is no salvation.

That is a FACT. Islam is evil and a blasphemous twist of the truth.

9 hours ago, hmbld said:

I am interested in understanding how the koran has any credibility when history was recorded 1000+ years before Mohammad came along and basically changed recorded history.  If someone came along and said the U.S. civil war happened in 1830, I would have no way of proving him wrong as I did not witness it, yet the civil war is recorded in history and I would have to believe the earlier record over someone making up his own story.  Is it not logically possible to see how carefully Jews recorded and preserved biblical accounts, and conclude they would be more accurate than something that was first committed to written form after Mohammad died?  

Of course it is, but Islam is one big lie and one big twist of the truth.

15 hours ago, Knowingtruth said:

I have read Koran in two English versions and one in our native language. How about you?

I have read the Q'uran and the Hadith Sahih Bukhari. If you have read the Q'uran then you will know just how blasphemous and violent it is.

It doesn't matter what the translation is. A translation is a translation and all translations say the same thing - if they don't they are not accurate translations. It's an old trick used by Muslims to declare that translations are the problem with Islam, but if that is the case then all those Muslims who claim that Islam is peaceful must have the same translation problems too.

Members of ISIS (a terrorist group) who speak Arabic read the Quran in Arabic. Members of ISIS who speak English read the Quran in English. Members of the Taliban (a terrorist group) who speak Pashto read the Quran in Pashto. Members of the Taliban who speak Urdu read the Quran in Urdu. Members of the Mahdi army and Hezbollah (both terrorist groups) read the Quran in Farsi. No matter what language the Quran is read in, the results are the same: - terrorism.

The 'translation' excuse doesn't work because if it did then nobody would be able to translate the Quran or understand a single word of it and effectively Islam would cease to exist as nobody would be able to follow it. If it is written in Arabic then it is possible to translate it into English, French, German - any language that exists, because all languages are translatable.

There are only correct translations or incorrect translations. Either the Quran has been translated correctly or it hasn't. If it hasn't then nobody understands it, and those who claim that Islam is religion of peace have no more a case for their argument than those who claim that Islam is violent.

You can't have it both ways - you can either understand it or you can't. The leader of ISIS (Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi) is a scholar of Islam and believes that the Quran preaches violence, the leaders of the Taliban are scholars of Islam and they also believe that the Quran preaches violence. Osama Bin Laden believed that Islam preached violence. The Ayatollah Khomeini of Iran was also a scholar of Islam and came to the same conclusion as the others.

And if you read the Quran in plain English - guess what? It preaches violence.

4 hours ago, OakWood said:

What an even wackier thought. Jesus came in the flesh to save mankind but to no avail because Muslims think that he didn't.

And no, I don't think that the OT is the key to salvation. And I never said that it did. I said that the only way to salvation is to accept that Jesus died on the Christ. Do not make me out to be a liar! You can read exactly what I wrote - you even quoted me. Please read what I have written before misquoting me or twisting my words again.

I'll say it again:

The only way to salvation is to accept that Jesus died on the cross. Period. Muslims do not believe that he died on the cross so therefore there is no escape from damnation with Islam. Even the teachings of Jesus are irrelevant if there is no salvation.

That is a FACT. Islam is evil and a blasphemous twist of the truth.

So according to your thinking, Jesus should have appeared, walked to cross and died. Simple isn't it?  No salvation for those who do not keep His commandments and grow the fruit of the Spirit. Jesus is the way, life and truth. Not simple magic formula of belief with one verse! If so, He will deny you.

4 hours ago, OakWood said:

I have read the Q'uran and the Hadith Sahih Bukhari. If you have read the Q'uran then you will know just how blasphemous and violent it is.

It doesn't matter what the translation is. A translation is a translation and all translations say the same thing - if they don't they are not accurate translations. It's an old trick used by Muslims to declare that translations are the problem with Islam, but if that is the case then all those Muslims who claim that Islam is peaceful must have the same translation problems too.

Members of ISIS (a terrorist group) who speak Arabic read the Quran in Arabic. Members of ISIS who speak English read the Quran in English. Members of the Taliban (a terrorist group) who speak Pashto read the Quran in Pashto. Members of the Taliban who speak Urdu read the Quran in Urdu. Members of the Mahdi army and Hezbollah (both terrorist groups) read the Quran in Farsi. No matter what language the Quran is read in, the results are the same: - terrorism.

The 'translation' excuse doesn't work because if it did then nobody would be able to translate the Quran or understand a single word of it and effectively Islam would cease to exist as nobody would be able to follow it. If it is written in Arabic then it is possible to translate it into English, French, German - any language that exists, because all languages are translatable.

There are only correct translations or incorrect translations. Either the Quran has been translated correctly or it hasn't. If it hasn't then nobody understands it, and those who claim that Islam is religion of peace have no more a case for their argument than those who claim that Islam is violent.

You can't have it both ways - you can either understand it or you can't. The leader of ISIS (Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi) is a scholar of Islam and believes that the Quran preaches violence, the leaders of the Taliban are scholars of Islam and they also believe that the Quran preaches violence. Osama Bin Laden believed that Islam preached violence. The Ayatollah Khomeini of Iran was also a scholar of Islam and came to the same conclusion as the others.

And if you read the Quran in plain English - guess what? It preaches violence.

Yes, I agree its violent part; hence it is not fully an enlightened religion. So also the Judaism 0n many accounts. Nothing can be better than the truth of Jesus. Nevertheless, we need to pick what is acceptable applying the Gospel as the yardstick 

18 minutes ago, Davida said:

Credit? it is like mixing Hinduism with Christianity or Buddhism and Christianity. According to what is written in the Bible, what the Qur'an says about Jesus is False and blasphemy.  Islam regards itself as the primordial religion that came before Judeao-Christianity and calls itself the ONLY TRUE RELIGION.  Islam the name itself means "submission" . What you said is at best a misconception and at worst it is the perpetuating of a false understanding of the true Jesus  the false teaching about JESUS that is what is written in the Qu'ran.

The Qur'an preaches Another JESUS and it is the ANTI-CHRIST i.e. against the True Lord & Saviour Jesus Christ,  it is in fact an Islamic JESUS that bears NO resemblance to the Biblical Jesus.  That fake Jesus or Anti-CHrist Jesus who the Quran says his real name is "Isa" and according to the Word of GOD this is a False Gospel and a False Christ. Jesus himself warned in Matthew about being deceived by false Christs.

Mat 24:4-5 KJV 4 "And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.  5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many."

Mat 24:10-11 KJV 10 "And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.  11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many."

Apostle Paul also gave stern warning about spreading a false Gospel:

Galatians 1:8 "But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed."

The Qur'an denies the Gospel of Jesus CHrist, it denies the Deity of Christ Jesus, denies that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of GOD, that He died on the Cross for our sins , that HE was raised from the dead, and to say it has partial belief in Jesus is incorrect, it is presenting a False Jesus and a False Gospel. Apostle Paul was stated in Galatians 1:8 "But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed."

The Qur'an was written in the 7th century and cannot be regarded as having carrying any genuine Biblical theology or authority nor did it receive any actual true revelations concerning the Bible. Upon close inspection it says the VERY OPPOSITE of the BIBLE. The Middle eastern writers of the various Islamic texts for obvious reasons of local came across the Judeao-Christian people and their teachings and the quran only echos a garbled misunderstanding and misuse of Biblical stories, & says these Biblical characters which includes Jesus & his mother Mary were in fact "muslim". As Jesus warned in the Bible in the book of Matthew, The Qur'an presents another Jesus -- a false Jesus , a muslim Jesus who it says his real name is "Isa". Jesus warned in Matthew about being deceived by false Christs. Jesus according to the Islamic texts came from dirt not from heaven.

"Allah" cannot be confused with heavenly Father GOD of the Lord Jesus CHrist, i.e. the God of Abraham, Issac and Joseph. Allah is a pagan god.The god of Islam is poles apart from the Holy Trinity who is GOD of the BIBLE whose name HE revealed to Moses in Exodus. The word allah pre-dates Islam, it is a word for a pagan deity , the Moon-god" of the pre Muhammad Arabs. There are dozens of opposite descriptions of allah for eg. the Qur'an says he is the greatest deceiver - the Bible calls Satan the deceiver. Allah causes men to sin, the Bible says God is not the author of sin.

"Isa" of the Qur'an - who is not the TRUE JESUS of the Holy BIble, was/is stated to be a prophet of Islam. 

According to the Qur'an: Jesus’ true name, according to the Qur’an, was ‘Isa. His message was pure Islam, and did surrender to Allah. (Âl 'Imran 3:84) Like all the Muslim prophets before him, and like Muhammad after him, ‘Isa was a lawgiver, and Christians should submit to his law. (Âl 'Imran 3:50; Al-Ma’idah 5:48) ‘Isa’s original disciples were also true Muslims, for they said ‘We believe. Bear witness that we have surrendered. We are Muslims.’ (Al-Ma’idah 5:111)  Not Christians.

Protestantism may as well be called a mixture of the OT and Paul's writings with not much of importance given to the words of Jesus. The OT did not recognize Jesus. What is wrong in recognizing what good things Mohammed told about Jesus though it may not in the same level you find in the NT. You might as well disregard the OT.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  3

4 hours ago, Knowingtruth said:

The OT did not recognize Jesus. 

Baloney. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The OT not only recognized "JESUS"< but it thoroughly prophesied Him, including where He would be born and How He would die, and includes also His linage.

So, you are not only mistaken, you are way way way off the track.

Edited by Behold

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,829
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Days Won:  1

MUHAMMAD VERSES JESUS CHRIST

A COMPARISON BETWEEN MUHAMMAD AND JESUS CHRIST

By George Zeller and Steve Van Nattan

muhammed_sinful.jpgMohammed was the prophet of war;
Christ is the Prince of Peace (Isaiah 9:6-7).

Mohammed's disciples killed for the faith;
Christ's disciples were killed for their faith (Acts 12:2; 2 Timothy 4:7).

Mohammed promoted persecution against the "infidels";
Christ forgave and converted the chief persecutor (1 Timothy 1:13-15).

Mohammed was the taker of life;
Christ was the giver of life (John 10:27-28).

Mohammed and his fellow warriors murdered thousands;
Christ murdered none but saved many (compare John 12:48).

Mohammed's method was COMPULSION;
Christ's aim was voluntary CONVERSION (Acts 3:19).

Mohammed practiced FORCE;
Christ preached FAITH (John 6:29,35).

Mohammed was a WARRIOR;
Christ is a DELIVERER (Col. 1:13; 1 Thessalonians 1:10).

Mohammed conquered his enemies with the sword;
Christ conquered his enemies with another kind of sword, the sword of the Spirit which is the Word of God (Hebrews 4:12; Acts 2:37).

Mohammed said to the masses, "Convert or die!";
Christ said, "Believe and live!" (John 6:47; 11:25-26).

Mohammed was swift to shed blood (Romans 3:15-17);
Christ shed His own blood for the salvation of many (Ephesians 1:7).

Mohammed preached "Death to the infidels!";
Christ prayed "Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do" (Luke 23:34).

Mohammed declared a holy war (Jihad) against infidels;
Christ achieved a holy victory on Calvary's cross (Colossians 2:14-15) and His followers share in that victory (John 16:33).

Mohammed constrained people by conquest;
Christ constrained people by love (2 Corinthians 5:14).

Modern terrorists derive their inspiration from Mohammed and carry out their despicable atrocities in the name of his god;
Christians derive their inspiration from the One who said, "Blessed are the peacemakers" (Matthew 5:9).

Modern day disciples of Mohammed respond to the terrorist attacks by cheering in the streets;
Modern day disciples of Christ are deeply grieved at past atrocities carried out by those who were "Christians" in name only (the Crusades, the Spanish Inquisition, etc.).

Many Muslims are peaceful and peace-loving because they do not strictly follow the teachings of their founder;
Many Christians are peaceful and peace-loving because they do strictly follow the teachings of their Founder (Romans 12:17-21).

Mohammed said the Koran is authoritative only in Arabic, and only in his dialect;
The Bible is authoritative in many languages around the world, for God knows all things and can inspire His Word in more than one language.

Mohammed hated music;
Jesus and His disciples sang hymns, and the Apostle commanded the Lord's Church to sing. (Matthew 26:30, Ephesians 5:19, Colossians 3:16)

Mohammed allowed that a Mullah, Imam, or Mufti of Islam can be a terrorist and moral animal like Osama bin Laden;
The Bible requires that a leader in the Church of the Lord Jesus Christ must be above reproach, and when this is not true, Christians demand such a fallen leader be removed from leadership. (1 Timothy 3:1-7, 5:19-20)

Islam calls on its followers to observe Five Pillars, while all other aspects of life can be vulgar and not affect the Muslim's prospects in Paradise.
The Bible calls on the Christian to submit to the total change of his life by the Spirit of God-- NO area of life and thought is the choice of the follower. (Romans 12:1-2)

The Muslim looks forward to eternity in Paradise where there will be virgins who are used for eternal perpetual copulation.
The Bible believing Christian looks forward to being with Jesus Christ and is delighted with that. (2 Corinthians 5:8)

Mohammed said the witness of a woman was half the value of the witness of a man; and Muhammed said a women goes to Paradise because she satisfies her husband sexually; The Bible teaches that a husband is to love his wife and be willing to die for her. (Ephesians 5:25)

Mohammed called upon his servants to fight;
Jesus said, "My kingdom is not of this world; if My kingdom were of this world, then would My servants fight . . .but now is My kingdom not from here" (John 18:36)

Mohammed ordered death to the Jews (see A.Guillaume, The Life of Muhammad, Oxford University Press [1975], p. 369);
Christ ordered that the gospel be preached "to the Jew first" (Romans 1:16).

The Koran says, "Fight in the cause of Allah" (Qu'ran 2.244);
The Bible says, "we wrestle not against flesh and blood" and "the weapons of our warfare are not carnal" (Ephesians 6:12; 2 Corinthians 10:4).

The Koran says, "Fight and slay the Pagans wherever ye find them" (Qu'ran 9.5);
Christ said, "Preach the gospel to every creature" (Mark 16:15).

The Koran says, "I will inspire terror into the hearts of unbelievers" (Qu'ran 8.12);
God inspires His terror into the hearts of believers (Isaiah 8:13).

The Koran (Qu'ran) is a terrorist manual which condones fighting, conflict, terror, slaughter, and genocide against those who do not accept Islam;
The Bible is a missionary manual to spread the gospel of peace to all the world (Romans 10:15).

Mohammed's Mission was to conquer the world for Allah;
Christ's mission was to conquer sin's penalty and power by substitutionary atonement (2 Corinthians 5:21; 1 Peter 3:18).

Mohammed considered Christ a good prophet;
Christ pronounced Mohammed to be a false prophet (John 10:10; Matthew 24:11).

Mohammed claimed that there was but one God, Allah;
Christ claimed that He was God (John 10:30-31; John 8:58-59; John 5:18; John 14:9).

Islam is geocentric, that is, the whole universe is centered on the Kaaba in the Grand mosque in Mecca in Arabia, and all Muslims pray facing that direction;
Jesus Christ is the center of all Christian worship and fellowship, for He is "in the midst" where his saints meet anywhere on earth. (Matthew 18:20, John 4:22-23)

Mohammed's Tomb: OCCUPIED!
Christ's tomb: EMPTY!

Islam must be received, or you can be killed for rejecting it:
The Faith offered by Jesus Christ is for "whosoever will" to receive, and all men are permitted to reject it. (Revelation 22:17, John 3:16)

Those who leave Islam are killed in most Islamic nations;
Those who leave the true Church of Jesus Christ are allowed to do so with no revenge.

Now, is a Muslim submitted to Allah and Islam because he loves Allah?
NO!

He dare not leave Islam, and he is loyal purely out of fear.

The true Bible believer is loyal to Jesus Christ purely out of love.
1 John 4:18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love. 19 We love him, because he first loved us.

This concept is 100% alien to Islam-- There is no love in Islam-- Only fear and hate.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

On 8/24/2016 at 7:40 AM, Knowingtruth said:

Yes, Gospel need to be preached to both Muslims and Jews....
Muslims have a better standing than Jews....
because Mohammed recognizes Jesus....
as the apostle of God and....
had virgin birth....

:emot-heartbeat:

Beloved. It Is Wonderful To Hear Your Voice

As cold waters to a thirsty soul,
so is good news from a far country.
Proverbs 25:25 (King James Bible)

And Do You Know About The LORD

Who has believed our message? To whom has the Lord revealed his powerful arm?

My servant grew up in the Lord’s presence like a tender green shoot, like a root in dry ground.
There was nothing beautiful or majestic about his appearance, nothing to attract us to him.

He was despised and rejected— a man of sorrows, acquainted with deepest grief.

We turned our backs on him and looked the other way.
He was despised, and we did not care.

Yet it was our weaknesses he carried; it was our sorrows that weighed him down.
And we thought his troubles were a punishment from God,
a punishment for his own sins!

But he was pierced for our rebellion, crushed for our sins.
He was beaten so we could be whole.

He was whipped so we could be healed.

All of us, like sheep, have strayed away. We have left God’s paths to follow our own.
Yet the Lord laid on him the sins of us all.

He was oppressed and treated harshly, yet he never said a word.

He was led like a lamb to the slaughter. And as a sheep is silent before the shearers,
he did not open his mouth.

Unjustly condemned,he was led away.

No one cared that he died without descendants,
that his life was cut short in midstream.

But he was struck down for the rebellion of my people.

He had done no wrong and had never deceived anyone.
But he was buried like a criminal;
he was put in a rich man’s grave.

But it was the Lord’s good plan to crush him and cause him grief.
Yet when his life is made an offering for sin,

he will have many descendants.
He will enjoy a long life,

and the Lord’s good plan will prosper in his hands.

When he sees all that is accomplished by his anguish,
he will be satisfied.

And because of his experience,
my righteous servant will make it possible
for many to be counted righteous,
for he will bear all their sins.

I will give him the honors of a victorious soldier,
because he exposed himself to death.

He was counted among the rebels.

He bore the sins of many
and interceded for rebels.
Isaiah 53 (New Living Translation)

The Most Famous Jew Of All

Now the birth of Jesus the Messiah happened in this way. When his mother Mary was engaged to Joseph, before they lived together she was discovered to be pregnant by the Holy Spirit. Her husband Joseph, being a righteous man and unwilling to disgrace her, decided to divorce her secretly.

After he had thought about it, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream. “Joseph, son of David,” he said, “don’t be afraid to take Mary as your wife, because what has been conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit. She will give birth to a son, and you are to name him Jesus, because he is the one who will save his people from their sins.”

Now all this happened to fulfill what was declared by the Lord through the prophet when he said,

“See, a virgin will become pregnant and give birth to a son,
and they will name him Immanuel,”
which means, “God with us.”

When Joseph got up from his sleep, he did as the angel of the Lord had commanded him and took Mary as his wife.
He did not have marital relations with her
until she had given birth to a son;

and he named him Jesus. Matthew 1:8-25 (International Standard Version)

For He Came Down

“How are these things possible?” Nicodemus asked.

Jesus replied, “You are a respected Jewish teacher, and yet you don’t understand these things? I assure you, we tell you what we know and have seen, and yet you won’t believe our testimony. But if you don’t believe me when I tell you about earthly things, how can you possibly believe if I tell you about heavenly things?

No one has ever gone to heaven and returned. But the Son of Man has come down from heaven.

And as Moses lifted up the bronze snake on a pole in the wilderness, so the Son of Man must be lifted up, so that everyone who believes in him will have eternal life.

“For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him.

“There is no judgment against anyone who believes in him. But anyone who does not believe in him has already been judged for not believing in God’s one and only Son.

And the judgment is based on this fact: God’s light came into the world, but people loved the darkness more than the light, for their actions were evil. All who do evil hate the light and refuse to go near it for fear their sins will be exposed.

But those who do what is right come to the light so others can see that they are doing what God wants.” John 3:9-21 (New Living Translation)

In Love

But God commends his own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8 (New Heart English Bible)

And

And from Yeshua The Messiah, the Trustworthy Witness, the Firstborn of the dead and The Ruler of the Kings of The Earth- him who loves us and has loosed us from our sins by his blood. Revelation 1:5 (Aramaic Bible in Plain English)

Offers His Blood

Then He took the cup, gave thanks and gave it to them, saying, “Drink from it, all of you. This is My blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins. I tell you, I will not drink of this fruit of the vine from now on until the day when I drink it anew with you in My Father’s kingdom.” Matthew 26:27-29

To Save Sinners From Curtain Death

For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 6:23 (World English Bible)

And To Rise All Of Mankind Up From Their Cold Cold Graves

“I tell you the solemn truth, the one who hears my message and believes the one who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned, but has crossed over from death to life. I tell you the solemn truth, a time is coming – and is now here – when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God, and those who hear will live. For just as the Father has life in himself, thus he has granted the Son to have life in himself, and he has granted the Son authority to execute judgment, because he is the Son of Man.

“Do not be amazed at this, because a time is coming when all who are in the tombs will hear his voice and will come out – the ones who have done what is good to the resurrection resulting in life, and the ones who have done what is evil to the resurrection resulting in condemnation. I can do nothing on my own initiative. Just as I hear, I judge, and my judgment is just, because I do not seek my own will, but the will of the one who sent me. John 5:24-30

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27 (NET Bible)

Love, Your Brother Joe

~

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:160

The Bible contains the mind of God, the state of man, the way of salvation, the doom of sinners, and the happiness of believers. Its doctrines are holy, its precepts are binding, its histories are true, and its decisions are immutable.

Read it to be wise, believe it to be safe, and practice it to be holy. It contains light to direct you, food to support you, and comfort to cheer you.

It is the traveler’s map, the pilgrim’s staff, the pilot’s compass, the soldier’s sword and the Christian’s charter. Here too, Heaven is opened and the gates of Hell disclosed.

Christ is its grand subject, our good its design, and the glory of God its end. It should fill the memory, rule the heart and guide the feet. Read it slowly, frequently and prayerfully.  It is a mine of wealth, a paradise of glory, and a river of pleasure.

It is given you in life, will be opened at the judgment, and be remembered forever. It involves the highest responsibility, rewards the greatest labor, and will condemn all who trifle with its sacred contents.

From The Inside Of My Gideon New Testament