IGNORED

So Lets Say The USA Becomes A Christian Nation...

LadyKay

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

21 minutes ago, other one said:

Yes, and there is someone fighting the Antichrist.   And i am holding out that it might be us.

Time will tell.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  216
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

More Christians now than ever before...the revival isnt being televised...dont miss it!!

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  977
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

From what I have read, the US was established by Freemasons and deists. They themselves declared that the US was not a Christian nation, nor was it intended to be. And the only difference as to the leaders of the US today is there are no more deists.
To my mind the US was established by God Himself using whoever He could find to provide a home for persecuted European Christians. Coming out of a Europe where kings and queens ruled in accordance to papal or Anglican authority the founders of your nation recognized that freedom in its truest sense could only be found in a state with no pope and a religion with no king to confuse and corrupt both religion and state.

I think that what we must acknowledge is that America as a nation and her founding fathers were embarking on a brand new revolutionary concept. Religious liberty, freedom of conscience. Coming from a Europe that was just emerging from over 1000 years of papal tyranny the founding fathers of your nation were establishing a nation with an exclusively protestant ethic, the freedom to worship in accordance to ones conscience (and the freedom not to worship if one so chose) even though it took some time for even protestants to learn. (I'm thinking Sunday blue laws). On that note you now have government sanctioned pastors ready to be servants to martial law and demand their congregants to obey govt in emergencies. They have sold out their people big time.
We as Christians have far more to fear from governments with a religious agenda (including 'Christian' agendas...read again Revelation 13:11-17 than any secular government. Interestingly, history tells us that Christian communities thrived very well under the rule of such as Genghis Khan, because he was neutral in matters of religion. (Although he was certainly less than tolerant with those who opposed him politically.)

I personally wouldn't worry about the removal of religious monuments etc from public places, prayer forbidden in schools, homosexuality, the second ammendment etc.  I would far rather the Ten Commandments being written on the heart than on the local governor's front lawn.

One must remember that although the Constitution and the Bill of Rights may have been written and signed by and large by godly people be they deists or whatever, those documents were specifically designed to ensure freedom of conscience and religious liberty, even liberty for unbelievers. The US government as a political entity is not, nor ever was , a "Christian" government. And the only true hope for America is not in the "Christianizing" of the government, but in the heartfelt deep life-changing repentant soul-searching conversion of the individual American people.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

4 hours ago, Yowm said:

I like that perspective...

For the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men. For consider your calling, brothers: not many of you were wise according to worldly standards, not many were powerful, not many were of noble birth. But God chose what is foolish in the world to shame the wise; God chose what is weak in the world to shame the strong; God chose what is low and despised in the world, even things that are not, to bring to nothing things that are, 
(1Co 1:25-28)

Hi Yowm,

What a great scripture, & a great God to work through us `nobodies.` Thanks for that.

Marilyn.

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

3 hours ago, brakelite said:

From what I have read, the US was established by Freemasons and deists. They themselves declared that the US was not a Christian nation, nor was it intended to be. And the only difference as to the leaders of the US today is there are no more deists.
To my mind the US was established by God Himself using whoever He could find to provide a home for persecuted European Christians. Coming out of a Europe where kings and queens ruled in accordance to papal or Anglican authority the founders of your nation recognized that freedom in its truest sense could only be found in a state with no pope and a religion with no king to confuse and corrupt both religion and state.

I think that what we must acknowledge is that America as a nation and her founding fathers were embarking on a brand new revolutionary concept. Religious liberty, freedom of conscience. Coming from a Europe that was just emerging from over 1000 years of papal tyranny the founding fathers of your nation were establishing a nation with an exclusively protestant ethic, the freedom to worship in accordance to ones conscience (and the freedom not to worship if one so chose) even though it took some time for even protestants to learn. (I'm thinking Sunday blue laws). On that note you now have government sanctioned pastors ready to be servants to martial law and demand their congregants to obey govt in emergencies. They have sold out their people big time.
We as Christians have far more to fear from governments with a religious agenda (including 'Christian' agendas...read again Revelation 13:11-17 than any secular government. Interestingly, history tells us that Christian communities thrived very well under the rule of such as Genghis Khan, because he was neutral in matters of religion. (Although he was certainly less than tolerant with those who opposed him politically.)

I personally wouldn't worry about the removal of religious monuments etc from public places, prayer forbidden in schools, homosexuality, the second ammendment etc.  I would far rather the Ten Commandments being written on the heart than on the local governor's front lawn.

One must remember that although the Constitution and the Bill of Rights may have been written and signed by and large by godly people be they deists or whatever, those documents were specifically designed to ensure freedom of conscience and religious liberty, even liberty for unbelievers. The US government as a political entity is not, nor ever was , a "Christian" government. And the only true hope for America is not in the "Christianizing" of the government, but in the heartfelt deep life-changing repentant soul-searching conversion of the individual American people.

Hi brakelite,

Good post there bro.

Marilyn.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,124
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

7 hours ago, brakelite said:

good thoughts....

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.69
  • Days Won:  25

I often wonder what flavor of Christanity they want. 

Should it be the brand that does not allow women to wear pants or speak at church.

Or the one that does not allow for musical instruments to be played at church.

Or the one that does not allow for drinking a beer or a glass of wine with your dinner

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  903
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

46 minutes ago, Out of the Shadows said:

I often wonder what flavor of Christanity they want. 

Should it be the brand that does not allow women to wear pants or speak at church.

Or the one that does not allow for musical instruments to be played at church.

Or the one that does not allow for drinking a beer or a glass of wine with your dinner

Good questions, bro. I'm not sure there will ever be a consensus on that!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

2 hours ago, Out of the Shadows said:

I often wonder what flavor of Christianity they want. 

These are not the issues at all. As already pointed out, government was not meant to promote sin and evil with taxpayer dollars, or the welfare of special interest groups at the expense of the ordinary citizen, or the squandering of money while putting the nation at risk with an unacceptable burden of debt. So what it boils down to (among other things) is:

1. Honesty

2. Integrity

3. Patriotism

4. Justice

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  138
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  12/15/1941

The United States of America has never been nor will ever be a Christian nation.