• Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

1 minute ago, shiloh357 said:

Love was was in action....
despite feelings....
emotions....

:mgdetective:

Amen Beloved; See, I Love Presents

Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing, and obtaineth favour of the LORD. Proverbs 18:22

And Because Of Jesus

Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. John 15:4

I Love

We love him, because he first loved us. 1 John 4:19

~

PS: A Woman Seems To Be Made Just A Little Different Then A Fellow

Every wise woman buildeth her house: but the foolish plucketh it down with her hands. Proverbs 14:1

Otherwise He Would Just Be Talking To His Self 

And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him. Genesis 2:18

And How Boring Would

Her children arise up, and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praiseth her. Proverbs 31:28

That Be

Strength and honour are her clothing; and she shall rejoice in time to come. Proverbs 31:25

:)

Emotions Are Good

And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord: And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment. Mark 12:29=30

Forget Sigmund Freud And His Lifetime Hysteria Over Womanhood

Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name. Psalms 103:1

And Love Her With Thanksgiving To The LORD

Rejoice evermore. Pray without ceasing. In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

For His Wisdom And Gifts

Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; Ephesians 5:25

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.69
  • Days Won:  25

56 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Yes, exactly.   Thank you for that post.  It makes my point, beautifully.   Love was was in action, despite your feelings/emotions.

That is because love is not dependent upon other emotions/feelings.  It is always there, sometimes despite your other feelings/emotions. But make no mistake, love is a feeling a feeling that is there even when the feeling of affection is missing.  So, affection cannot be what one feels instead of love or the feeling of affection would always be there, and it is not.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

1 hour ago, batarang said:

The view of most psychologists is that love has 3 components

Since psychologists simply ignore the spirit, and the spirit realm, Christians should ignore psychologists.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

31 minutes ago, Ezra said:

Since psychologists simply ignore the spirit, and the spirit realm, Christians should ignore psychologists.  

I disagree. There are many Christian Psychologists who pray with their patients. They counsel their patients according to God and God's Holy word. Yes, there are secular Psychologists out there as well and I can see this in what you have posted. You are making a claim that all Psychologists are ignoring the spirit. That is a very judgmental and dangerous claim to make. There are many who are not well and they can benefit from Christian based therapy.

Guest shiloh357
5 hours ago, Out of the Shadows said:

That is because love is not dependent upon other emotions/feelings.  It is always there, sometimes despite your other feelings/emotions. But make no mistake, love is a feeling a feeling that is there even when the feeling of affection is missing.  So, affection cannot be what one feels instead of love or the feeling of affection would always be there, and it is not.

Theologically and practically, love isn't a feeling.   Our western mindset views love as an emotion, but scripturally, every place we find love, it is always in the context of doing, never feeling.   It's not talking about emotion when we are commanded to love our enemies.   That is the opposite of what we feel.   We are commanded to love when there is no emotion to do so.   We are commanded in Scripture to override what we feel and love as God does.

True love comes from God, not from us.  It is not an emotion, it is a divine attribute that we cannot manufacture.  We can bear the fruit of love, but we do not produce it.  God produces it; we bear it.    

Affection is the emotion, and that is what our modern, western culture mislabels as "love."  Affection is circumstantial and conditional, but it is incredibly powerful.  Affection is part of our emotional make up.  Nothing wrong with that. That's how we are wired.  Love is unconditional and exist as an action when the feeling isn't there.   Love completely transcends feeling and emotion.

Guest Teditis
6 hours ago, batarang said:

The view of most psychologists is that love has 3 components:

- behavioural (body)

- mental (mind)

- emotional (soul)

batarang

This is how I see it too... Love is a multi-faceted thing. It's not just a feeling or emotion

nor is it merely an action, affection or set of behaviorisms. And the way that Love is talked about

throughout the Scriptures, backs-up this line of thinking. Just take David's Love of Jonathon in the

Book of Samuel and the Love shown/talked about in the Song of Solomon for instance which both

show feeling and passion for another. Or Jesus' weeping for Lazarus and the people remarking, "See

how He loved him." This shows Love as a feeling as well as behavioral.

God's Love incorporates all aspects so perfectly that we can't attain to His Glory in this area but we can

still emulate the examples that the Bible sets before us.

But we can also use it as a type of barometer in ourselves... that if we don't feel this way about God's

Word or His people, or your enemies... we are lacking in this great "fruit" that God can bestow on us.

Just pray for it.

Edited by Teditis
typos

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,184
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

1 hour ago, shiloh357 said:

Theologically and practically, love isn't a feeling.   Our western mindset views love as an emotion, but scripturally, every place we find love, it is always in the context of doing, never feeling.   It's not talking about emotion when we are commanded to love our enemies.   That is the opposite of what we feel.   We are commanded to love when there is no emotion to do so.   We are commanded in Scripture to override what we feel and love as God does.

True love comes from God, not from us.  It is not an emotion, it is a divine attribute that we cannot manufacture.  We can bear the fruit of love, but we do not produce it.  God produces it; we bear it.    

Affection is the emotion, and that is what our modern, western culture mislabels as "love."  Affection is circumstantial and conditional, but it is incredibly powerful.  Affection is part of our emotional make up.  Nothing wrong with that. That's how we are wired.  Love is unconditional and exist as an action when the feeling isn't there.   Love completely transcends feeling and emotion.

this is a self supportive truth for it is on an opposite pendulum swing for sure!

8 hours ago, Davida said:

I re-commited to my spouse a several years ago - it was during a difficult time when I was feeling sadness, frustration , no joy not much affection. I had a heart to heart with the Lord God, (not my spouse they never knew)  and I prayed and spoke out loud to  the Heavenly Father God and told Him in spite of my "feelings" or lack of  I was making the decision to Love  my spouse because they were my spouse, because of our marriage vows that were made in the Lords presence , and thru the sacred covenant that God had made it to be and I told God that I would Love unwavering as He has shown His unwavering love for us and how He loves the Jews and stands by His people . And God blessed me with this kind of love for my spouse and deep affection for them that immediately flowed from the action of Love... and the power of this love continues to bless us and extends past us.

sounds pretty much His Living Essence :thumbsup: 

John the disciple whom Jesus loved... pretty much got it! He witnessed the whole of The Life that embodied Love essenced in God and the badge of honor was that essence was put upon him... if a thing that is done, it's worth in keeping, hinges upon whether or not the driving force is-> Ἡ ἀγάπη

1 Corinthians 13:4-7 (SBLGNT)
[4] Ἡ ἀγάπη μακροθυμεῖ, χρηστεύεται ἡ ἀγάπη, οὐ ζηλοῖ «ἡ ἀγάπη», οὐ περπερεύεται, οὐ φυσιοῦται, [5] οὐκ ἀσχημονεῖ, οὐ ζητεῖ τὰ ἑαυτῆς, οὐ παροξύνεται, οὐ λογίζεται τὸ κακόν, [6] οὐ χαίρει ἐπὶ τῇ ἀδικίᾳ, συγχαίρει δὲ τῇ ἀληθείᾳ·[7] πάντα στέγει, πάντα πιστεύει, πάντα ἐλπίζει, πάντα ὑπομένει.

This has no begin and no end and 'IS' The Who of God... Love, Steven

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.69
  • Days Won:  25

4 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

If affection is the emotion, yet I still feel love when there is no affection, what am I feeling?    Or, let me try and word that differently, if I still feel love for someone whom I have no affection for, what emotion am I feeling since according to you I cannot feel love?