• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,675
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Days Won:  0

19 hours ago, Redsteel said:

So today I was reading a book about a girl with digestive issues who god healed.  now I was crying by the end of the book and praising god, but that was not the most interesting thing. Actually the only time I can cry is when I am thinking of god. The thing that I hesitate to confess to is the envy I felt, I mean I should be happy for her right, but the malicious thoughts remain. I mean they say ignorance is bliss, and meeting Jesus would also be very comforting, but I am stuck in that sweet spot in the middle. I used to think this was just physiological baggage, but then why cant I just reason these thoughts away, why do I still have the angry urge to scream at god?

Hi Redsteel

Being a Christian is having a personal relationship with God through our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ! We should not get upset or angered or any other extreme emotion over how others are lead or steered by God..When a person seems to be suffering or maybe seems  extra blessed, it is not for us to 'feel' bitter it is not about 'us' but that individuals walk in life...And the use of a small 'g' for God screams lack of fear and respect for our Father in Heaven..

On the other side of the coin, I have noticed that many who are aware of the concept of respectfully using a capital 'G' for our Father GOD, also use a capital 'S' for  satan, which i personally have and never will do...

GOD Bless

Just to quickly add! It is of course good to feel Joy in anothers blessings, it is giving glory to God we should even glory in our sufferings..In All things give glory to God..

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

48 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Their god, Allah, is a false god,... it is commonly believed that the word Allah is used exclusively by Muslims to describe their God, but this is not actually true....

This is speaking with a forked tongue.  On one hand Allah is the same as God.  On the other hand he is a false god. How can one trust a website which contradicts itself.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

8 minutes ago, Ezra said:

This is speaking with a forked tongue.  On one hand Allah is the same as God.  On the other hand he is a false god. How can one trust a website which contradicts itself.

No, the last time I checked Ezra I do not have a forked tongue. Did you read what "Got Questions" had to say about Allah?

Christians should not regard Muslims with hatred, but instead with compassion. Their god, Allah, is a false god, and their eyes are blinded to the truth (see 2 Corinthians 4:4). We should be praying for Muslims and asking God to show them the truth, revealing His promise of mercy and freedom in Christ (2 Timothy 2:24–26).

1 hour ago, Ezra said:

Ezra, Do you have a reply to my post? Please tell me in the words on "Got Questions" that they claimed that Allah is not a false God.

Christians should not regard Muslims with hatred, but instead with compassion. Their god, Allah, is a false god, and their eyes are blinded to the truth (see 2 Corinthians 4:4). We should be praying for Muslims and asking God to show them the truth, revealing His promise of mercy and freedom in Christ (2 Timothy 2:24–26).

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

22 hours ago, Redsteel said:

So today I was reading a book about a girl with digestive issues who god healed.  now I was crying by the end of the book and praising god, but that was not the most interesting thing. Actually the only time I can cry is when I am thinking of god. The thing that I hesitate to confess to is the envy I felt, I mean I should be happy for her right, but the malicious thoughts remain. I mean they say ignorance is bliss, and meeting Jesus would also be very comforting, but I am stuck in that sweet spot in the middle. I used to think this was just physiological baggage, but then why cant I just reason these thoughts away, why do I still have the angry urge to scream at god?

Envy is the desire to be a different person because you assume that person's life is better than yours.  What is it that makes you think you focus on what you don't have instead of what you do?  The term baggage is sometimes rejected because people feel their plight is not worth resolving and in doing so, they diminish themselves right along with that which is at the center of this.

You don't have to be aware of the reason to feel the effects. your subconscious knows!

15 hours ago, missmuffet said:

No, the last time I checked Ezra I do not have a forked tongue. Did you read what "Got Questions" had to say about Allah?

That remark was not about you but about Got Questions. Here is what they say:

Question: "Who is Allah? What is the origin of belief in Allah?"

Answer: 
Allah is an Arabic word that means “God” or, more accurately, “the God.” In Western culture, it is commonly believed that the word Allah is used exclusively by Muslims to describe their God, but this is not actually true. The word Allah is used by Arabic speakers of all Abrahamic faiths (including Christianity and Judaism) as meaning “God.” However, according to Islam, Allah is God’s proper name, while Christians and Jews know Him asYHWH or Yahweh. When Arabic-speaking Christians use the word Allah, it is usually used in combination with the word al-Ab. Allah al-Ab means “God the Father,” and this usage is one way Arab Christians distinguish themselves from Muslims.

Most Christians have not read the Koran, therefore they would not know that regardless of what Muslims believe, "Allah" is NOT the proper name for the one true God.

So Got Questions should not have said "but this is not actually true".  It is actually true that Allah is at enmity with the Lord God Almighty and the Lord Jesus Christ. The Koran was written specifically to attack the Gospel, and Got Questions should have made that clear from the beginning.  Hence the "forked tongue" remark.

Christians and Jews are under attack and the war cry is "Allahu Akbar" (Allah is Great).

1 minute ago, Ezra said:

Answer: 
Allah is an Arabic word that means “God” or, more accurately, “the God.” In Western culture, it is commonly believed that the word Allah is used exclusively by Muslims to describe their God, but this is not actually true. The word Allah is used by Arabic speakers of all Abrahamic faiths (including Christianity and Judaism) as meaning “God.” However, according to Islam, Allah is God’s proper name, while Christians and Jews know Him asYHWH or Yahweh. When Arabic-speaking Christians use the word Allah, it is usually used in combination with the word al-Ab. Allah al-Ab means “God the Father,” and this usage is one way Arab Christians distinguish themselves from Muslims.

Most Christians have not read the Koran, therefore they would not know that regardless of what Muslims believe, "Allah" is NOT the proper name for the one true God.

So Got Questions should not have said "but this is not actually true".  It is actually true that Allah is at enmity with the Lord God Almighty and the Lord Jesus Christ. The Koran was written specifically to attack the Gospel, and Got Questions should have made that clear from the beginning.  Hence the "forked tongue" remark.

I took it as a personal insult and name calling. Got Questions did not say anything that would make a person think that Allah and our God are the same person.

1 hour ago, Redemption79 said:

i will take your word for it on this matter...

No need to take my word.  Scrutinize these passages from the Koran to see why Allah cannot be the God of the Bible.

They disbelieve those who say, “Allah is the Christ, the son of Mary.” Say, “Who can prevent Allah, if He willed, from annihilating the Christ son of Mary, and his mother, and everyone on earth?” To Allah belongs the sovereignty of the heavens and the earth and what is between them. He creates whatever He wills, and Allah has power over everything. (Sura 5:17).

The punishment for those who fight Allah and His Messenger, and strive to spread corruption on earth, is that they be killed, or crucified, or have their hands and feet cut off on opposite sides, or be banished from the land. That is to disgrace them in this life; and in the Hereafter they will have a terrible punishment. (Sura 5:33)

O you who believe! Do not take the Jews and the Christians as allies; some of them are allies of one another. Whoever of you allies himself with them is one of them. Allah does not guide the wrongdoing people. (Sura 5:51).

They disbelieve those who say, “Allah is the Messiah the son of Mary.” But the Messiah himself said, “O Children of Israel, worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord. Whoever associates others with Allah, Allah has forbidden him Paradise, and his dwelling is the Fire. The wrongdoers have no saviors.” (Sura 5:72).

They disbelieve those who say, “Allah is the third of three.” But there is no deity except the One God. If they do not refrain from what they say, a painful torment will befall those among them who disbelieve. (Sura 5:73).

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Ezra.....

Actually it is very funny that the issue of capitalizing the G in "God"  came up because that is a pet peeve with me personally......now if a person  does a "text talk " style of typing & uses all lower case letters in all their proper  nouns I try not to let it get to me but when they begin sentences with capitals & use capitals for all proper names & nouns EXCEPT the One True Living God,I cannot help but see this a as irreverent.....so,this is why I have mentioned this.......

Answer: 

Ezra

I agree completely for the simple fact that whoever wrote this answer from gq,org used capital letters to refer to the god of islam......PLUS,to top it off,they said the God which is putting emphasis on referring to this god as the ONE God....yes,forked tongue indeed,for every reason you pointed out     

All these "answer" websites are just someones opinion or interpretation,,,,,they range from pastors  & bible scholars to volunteer lay people......I've heard much gossip about their CEO & the agenda behind this organization etc,,,etc,,,,,but I don't pay it much mind because again,that is someones opinion on the internet(just the same as them!!-lol) so,the simple thing to do is what Gods Word tells us to do,test,test,test......mixing Truth with lies is never a good thing & that is something Gods Word NEVER does & something Holy Spirit will Reveal when we ask His Counsel                      With love-in Christ,Kwik