• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

On 11/11/2016 at 5:06 PM, GoldenEagle said:

What's confusing about my statements? The election for nominating the electoral college is done. There are still people out there who are fearful and hurting. Stop what nonsense? 

God bless,
GE

You haven't heard all of these things going on on some collage campus?  Ask for dog therapy, scream rooms, cry ins... some professors telling students if they are to traumatized by the election they don't have to take finals?  Really?  Are these people going to be ready to face the real world someday?  I wasn't happy eight years ago but I wasn't looking to hug a dog or go into a scream room.  As I said let's move on.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

All of this is just a practice run for the seven year tribulation. The puzzle pieces are all falling in place.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,134
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

1 hour ago, RustyAngeL said:

You haven't heard all of these things going on on some collage campus?  Ask for dog therapy, scream rooms, cry ins... some professors telling students if they are to traumatized by the election they don't have to take finals?  Really?  Are these people going to be ready to face the real world someday?  I wasn't happy eight years ago but I wasn't looking to hug a dog or go into a scream room.  As I said let's move on.

You didn't learn that you were not going to get the student loan reprieve you were expecting though.

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  0

On 11/12/2016 at 8:35 AM, Out of the Shadows said:

I wonder what would happen on Dec 19th if the EC meet and exercised their constitutionally mandated duty to vote for the Pres and VP and they decided that the system got it wrong this time and they were going to go with the will of the majority of voters.  All the people staunchly defending the EC would have no room to complain.

What is being missed here is that the electors from every state are sent by party. If a republican wins a state, republicans are sent to the EC, if a democrat wins, democrats are sent. Is it still possible? Sure, anything is possible, the sun exploding is probably possible on some level.

But, to answer your question, what would happen is that when the EC votes go to congress for validation in January, being as how congress in both houses is controlled by republicans, then congress would almost certainly refuse to validate the results from the states where the faithless electors switched, then install trump as president. Congress also has the constitutional right to do this.

I don't think either of these scenarios is going to happen. Trump is probably going to get 306 electoral votes, 290 at the least. this would require anywhere from 22 to 38 republican electors switching sides. This would be unprecedented in American history. A US election has never been changed by a faithless elector. However, the presidency has been won without the popular vote.

My fear is that this scenario would lead to some sort of actual armed conflict. At the very least you would get states legitimately attempting to secede from the union. Assuming the electors somehow managed to give it to hillary and then congress didn't invalidate that decision (we are talking massive odds against this), you are going to have 50 percent of the nation thinking that not only do their votes not count, but that there has been something akin to an actual coup. There's no way that would end well.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

OK, someone posted this map taken from Census data that shows where half of the United States population is clustered, and it is in just the 146 biggest counties out of over 3000. 

Half Of The United States Lives In These Counties

http://www.businessinsider.com/half-of-the-united-states-lives-in-these-counties-2013-9

So, the case is that if we lived in a one-person-one-vote system, our nation's elections would be mostly determined by the major cities and their suburbs.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  458
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

On 11/9/2016 at 6:55 AM, OneLight said:

So everything is clear, I voted for Trump.  Yet, the above figures don't add up to me.  Does our vote actually count?  Hillary won the popular vote, meaning more voted for her than Trump, yet she lost the election.  This also happened with the Bush Gore election. 

Hey OneLight

I dont like the way its set up. I live in upstate NY. Being a republican my vote means nothing. New York City itself decides whose gonna win NY. Aint right

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

4 hours ago, WailingWall said:

Hey OneLight

I dont like the way its set up. I live in upstate NY. Being a republican my vote means nothing. New York City itself decides whose gonna win NY. Aint right

Consider that with a popular vote, all of california cities and nyc decide the entire election.

Guest shiloh357
On 11/16/2016 at 10:45 PM, nebula said:

OK, someone posted this map taken from Census data that shows where half of the United States population is clustered, and it is in just the 146 biggest counties out of over 3000. 

Half Of The United States Lives In These Counties

http://www.businessinsider.com/half-of-the-united-states-lives-in-these-counties-2013-9

So, the case is that if we lived in a one-person-one-vote system, our nation's elections would be mostly determined by the major cities and their suburbs.

And that is the problem.  While on the surface, the popular vote seems like it would be more fair, in the end it would only favor major population centers and the votes of many would not matter and elections would only be decided by part of the US.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

2 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

And that is the problem.  While on the surface, the popular vote seems like it would be more fair, in the end it would only favor major population centers and the votes of many would not matter and elections would only be decided by part of the US.

In all honesty, even with the Electoral College, all one has to do is focus on where the larger numbers are.  I recently read that if a candidate won just these 11 states, they win the presidency.

California (55 votes)
Texas (38 votes)
Florida (29 votes)
New York (29 votes)
Illinois (20 votes)
Pennsylvania (20 votes)
Ohio (18 votes)
Georgia (16 votes)
Michigan (16 votes)
North Carolina (15 votes)
New Jersey (14 votes)

How is this still fair to the smaller states?

Guest shiloh357
1 minute ago, OneLight said:

In all honesty, even with the Electoral College, all one has to do is focus on where the larger numbers are.  I recently read that if a candidate won just these 11 states, they win the presidency.

California (55 votes)
Texas (38 votes)
Florida (29 votes)
New York (29 votes)
Illinois (20 votes)
Pennsylvania (20 votes)
Ohio (18 votes)
Georgia (16 votes)
Michigan (16 votes)
North Carolina (15 votes)
New Jersey (14 votes)

How is this still fair to the smaller states?

In a typical election, they don't win all of those states.   Not even Trump won all of those states.   He did not win New York, New Jersey, California or Illinois.  The only one to will all or most of them was Reagan, but Reagan swept the whole country, anyway.