Salty

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

Question: "Does the Bible prophesy a one-world government and a one-world currency in the end times?"

Answer:
The Bible does not use the phrase “one-world government” or “one-world currency” in referring to the end times. It does, however, provide ample evidence to enable us to draw the conclusion that both will exist under the rule of the Antichrist in the last days.

In his apocalyptic vision in the Book of Revelation, the Apostle John sees the “beast,” also called the Antichrist, rising out of the sea having seven heads and ten horns (Revelation 13:1). Combining this vision with Daniel’s similar one (Daniel 7:16-24), we can conclude that some sort of world system will be inaugurated by the beast, the most powerful “horn,” who will defeat the other nine and will begin to wage war against Christians. The ten-nation confederacy is also seen in Daniel’s image of the statue in Daniel 2:41-42, where he pictures the final world government consisting of ten entities represented by the ten toes of the statue. Whoever the ten are and however they come to power, Scripture is clear that the beast will either destroy them or reduce their power to nothing more than figureheads. In the end, they will do his bidding.

John goes on to describe the ruler of this vast empire as having power and great authority, given to him by Satan himself (Revelation 13:2), being followed by and receiving worship from “all the world” (13:3-4), and having authority over “every tribe, people, language and nation” (13:7). From this description, it is logical to assume that this person is the leader of a one-world government which is recognized as sovereign over all other governments. It’s hard to imagine how such diverse systems of government as are in power today would willingly subjugate themselves to a single ruler, and there are many theories on the subject. A logical conclusion is that the disasters and plagues described in Revelation as the seal and trumpet judgments (chapters 6-11) will be so devastating and create such a monumental global crisis that people will embrace anything and anyone who promises to give them relief.

Once entrenched in power, the beast (Antichrist) and the power behind him (Satan) will move to establish absolute control over all peoples of the earth to accomplish their true end, the worship Satan has been seeking ever since being thrown out of heaven (Isaiah 14:12-14). One way they will accomplish this is by controlling all commerce, and this is where the idea of a one-world currency comes in. Revelation 13:16-17 describes some sort of satanic mark which will be required in order to buy and sell. This means anyone who refuses the mark will be unable to buy food, clothing or other necessities of life. No doubt the vast majority of people in the world will succumb to the mark simply to survive. Again, verse 16 makes it clear that this will be a universal system of control where everyone, rich and poor, great and small, will bear the mark on their hand or forehead. There is a great deal of speculation as to how exactly this mark will be affixed, but the technologies that are available right now could accomplish it very easily.

Those who are left behind after the Rapture of the Church will be faced with an excruciating choice—accept the mark of the beast in order to survive or face starvation and horrific persecution by the Antichrist and his followers. But those who come to Christ during this time, those whose names are written in the Lamb’s book of life (Revelation 13:8), will choose to endure, even to martyrdom.

https://gotquestions.org/one-world-government.html

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,445
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

53 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Question: "Does the Bible prophesy a one-world government and a one-world currency in the end times?"

Answer:
The Bible does not use the phrase “one-world government” or “one-world currency” in referring to the end times. It does, however, provide ample evidence to enable us to draw the conclusion that both will exist under the rule of the Antichrist in the last days.

In his apocalyptic vision in the Book of Revelation, the Apostle John sees the “beast,” also called the Antichrist, rising out of the sea having seven heads and ten horns (Revelation 13:1). Combining this vision with Daniel’s similar one (Daniel 7:16-24), we can conclude that some sort of world system will be inaugurated by the beast, the most powerful “horn,” who will defeat the other nine and will begin to wage war against Christians. The ten-nation confederacy is also seen in Daniel’s image of the statue in Daniel 2:41-42, where he pictures the final world government consisting of ten entities represented by the ten toes of the statue. Whoever the ten are and however they come to power, Scripture is clear that the beast will either destroy them or reduce their power to nothing more than figureheads. In the end, they will do his bidding.

John goes on to describe the ruler of this vast empire as having power and great authority, given to him by Satan himself (Revelation 13:2), being followed by and receiving worship from “all the world” (13:3-4), and having authority over “every tribe, people, language and nation” (13:7). From this description, it is logical to assume that this person is the leader of a one-world government which is recognized as sovereign over all other governments. It’s hard to imagine how such diverse systems of government as are in power today would willingly subjugate themselves to a single ruler, and there are many theories on the subject. A logical conclusion is that the disasters and plagues described in Revelation as the seal and trumpet judgments (chapters 6-11) will be so devastating and create such a monumental global crisis that people will embrace anything and anyone who promises to give them relief.

Once entrenched in power, the beast (Antichrist) and the power behind him (Satan) will move to establish absolute control over all peoples of the earth to accomplish their true end, the worship Satan has been seeking ever since being thrown out of heaven (Isaiah 14:12-14). One way they will accomplish this is by controlling all commerce, and this is where the idea of a one-world currency comes in. Revelation 13:16-17 describes some sort of satanic mark which will be required in order to buy and sell. This means anyone who refuses the mark will be unable to buy food, clothing or other necessities of life. No doubt the vast majority of people in the world will succumb to the mark simply to survive. Again, verse 16 makes it clear that this will be a universal system of control where everyone, rich and poor, great and small, will bear the mark on their hand or forehead. There is a great deal of speculation as to how exactly this mark will be affixed, but the technologies that are available right now could accomplish it very easily.

Those who are left behind after the Rapture of the Church will be faced with an excruciating choice—accept the mark of the beast in order to survive or face starvation and horrific persecution by the Antichrist and his followers. But those who come to Christ during this time, those whose names are written in the Lamb’s book of life (Revelation 13:8), will choose to endure, even to martyrdom.

https://gotquestions.org/one-world-government.html

Excellent post missmuffet, thank you!

That pretty much sums up the way I understand and see it playing out also, but maybe with a little different twist and characters maybe? As most have, I've given this subject a lot of study and thought with the advent of our advanced technology, the quest for global power and our supposedly increased knowledge. I can't picture in my mind how such a multitude of people would be so gullible and deceived to eagerly line up and receive this mark of damnation. I don't think initially it will be so much as an ultimative and requirement, as it will be a mad house rush to voluntarily get this implant, tatoo or whatever it may be (I lean toward a microchip) .

Briefly: Satan comes with 'all' lying signs and wonders, and would deceive the very 'elect' if it were possible. Mens hearts failing them for fear of what's coming upon the earth. Satan himself is going to indwell the Antichrist just as he did Judas Iscariot. The gates and portals of the abyss are going to be opened during the tribulation. Here's where my little twist and characters make sense as to how this could speedily transpire.

The Bible mentions and describes in several places angelic chariots and ladders, and heaven opened (gate / portal in our lingo). In today's world we would describe them as UFO's, would we not? Satan is the great deceiver and frequent imitator of God, right? 

What would the human race do if intergalactic alien(s) showed up and had a cure for all mankind's ailments. Claiming that "they" seeded this earth and created us. We brought with us a fix to upgrade your DNA that will inoculate you against all diseases and substantially extend your life. And just like Nimrod, they became... In addition, your identification and a wealth of technological features are included in this little implant that can't be stolen, lost, copied or misused.

Would a scenario like this fit the biblical narrative? It does with my postulations and the way I see things rapidly unfolding anyway. 

Edited by Dennis1209

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,665
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  3

17 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

Excellent post missmuffet, thank you!

That pretty much sums up the way I understand and see it playing out also, but maybe with a little different twist and characters maybe? As most have, I've given this subject a lot of study and thought with the advent of our advanced technology, the quest for global power and our supposedly increased knowledge. I can't picture in my mind how such a multitude of people would be so gullible and deceived to eagerly line up and receive this mark of damnation. I don't think initially it will be so much as an ultimative and requirement, as it will be a mad house rush to voluntarily get this implant, tatoo or whatever it may be (I lean toward a microchip) .

Briefly: Satan comes with 'all' lying signs and wonders, and would deceive the very 'elect' if it were possible. Mens hearts failing them for fear of what's coming upon the earth. Satan himself is going to indwell the Antichrist just as he did Judas Iscariot. The gates and portals of the abyss are going to be opened during the tribulation. Here's where my little twist and characters make sense as to how this could speedily transpire.

The Bible mentions and describes in several places angelic chariots and ladders, and heaven opened (gate / portal in our lingo). In today's world we would describe them as UFO's, would we not? Satan is the great deceiver and frequent imitator of God, right? 

What would the human race do if intergalactic alien(s) showed up and had a cure for all mankind's ailments. Claiming that "they" seeded this earth and created us. We brought with us a fix to upgrade your DNA that will inoculate you against all diseases and substantially extend your life. And just like Nimrod, they became... In addition, your identification and a wealth of technological features are included in this little implant that can't be stolen, lost, copied or misused.

Would a scenario like this fit the biblical narrative? It does with my postulations and the way I see things rapidly unfolding anyway. 

Too many are afraid to entertain such an idea for fear of being thought crazy. I don't see it as far-fetched at all.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,665
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  3

18 hours ago, other one said:

I disagree that it is Satan....  but it is one of the angels....   the only beings I am aware of that is in the bottomless pit would be the watchers.

And yet I see many Bible pointers to it directly being Satan himself. Thinking that Satan can only manifest in our earthly dimension by possession of someone in the flesh is an addition to Scripture loosely based on our Lord's rebuke of Peter, and with Judas.

Edited by Salty

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

25 minutes ago, Salty said:

And yet I see many Bible pointers to it directly being Satan himself. Thinking that Satan can only manifest in our earthly dimension by possession of someone in the flesh is an addition to Scripture loosely based on our Lord's rebuke of Peter, and with Judas.

He has the most beautiful emerald green eyes you will ever see.....   when he wants to.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  825
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

On 11/13/2016 at 10:07 PM, other one said:

He tells you that he is from Beta Ritucla and is responsible for making mankind by genetic manipulation.  With the universal knowledge will be able to do things that seem like miracles and causes peace to come to earth.  And people will fall at his feet to rule the planet.

It doesn't matter what he says or does. But those that believe Jesus, response.

Revelation 12:7  And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels, 8  And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven. 9  And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him. 10  And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night. 11  And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death. :

Edited by 7thseal

56 minutes ago, 7thseal said:

It doesn't matter what he says or does. But those that believe Jesus, response.

Revelation 12:7  And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels, 8  And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven. 9  And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him. 10  And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night. 11  And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death. :

You're speaking on the spiritual not necessarily physical.  Keep reading chapter 13 and that covers a lot of the physical.  While that is rather ugly, in the end we will be ok....  but getting to the end isn't an easy ride for most of us.

Personally I've kind of resolved to die rather than take the mark....  if the Lord keeps me from that I'll be eternally grateful, but I don't see that in our future.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  825
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

18 hours ago, other one said:

You're speaking on the spiritual not necessarily physical.  Keep reading chapter 13 and that covers a lot of the physical.  While that is rather ugly, in the end we will be ok....  but getting to the end isn't an easy ride for most of us.

I'm pretty sure that not receiving the mark leading to death is both?  Faith is always tested.