• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

22 minutes ago, woundeddog said:

First if some one professes to be a Christian- that is a starting point-- Bible says by their fruits you shall know them-- . If Sin is a constant factor in their life or a prevalent strain of behavior it would be wise to be cautious. From the point of Doctrine a Christian has to believe that Jesus is God incarnate, was crucified for their sin and was raised from the dead- that is the simple gospel. ~~~ either a person believes or doesnt- if that belief changes their life to a more Godly pattern of behavior, most likely they are a saved Christian--- we of course can not judge a persons inner heart- but again- by their fruits you will know them

By their fruit we shall know them , that is what I'm saying all along but  we still can't judge their heart and leave the judgment up to God,don't you think?

A born again Christian doesn't want to sin ...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  188
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

11 hours ago, angels4u said:

Lawsuits among Believers
…2Do you not know that the saints will judge the world? And if you are to judge the world, are you not competent to judge trivial cases? 3Do you not know that we will judge angels?How much more the things of this life! 4So if you need to settle everyday matters, do you appoint as judges those of no standing in the church?…1 Cor.6:2-3

These verses  don't  really talk about judging who is and who is not a Christian, I hope you know I'm a born again believer, if I do something very un-Christian would you label me as not being a Christian?

Of course  I don't want to sin,but we all do and say things we shouldn't ,so where do you draw the line?

Matthew 7:1
"Do not judge, or you too will be judged.

Do Not Judge
1Do not judge, or you will be judged. 2For with the same judgment you pronounce, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. 1 Cor.6:3

7:1-6 We must judge ourselves, and judge of our own acts, but not make our word a law to everybody. We must not judge rashly, nor pass judgment upon our brother without any ground. We must not make the worst of people. Here is a just reproof to those who quarrel with their brethren for small faults, while they allow themselves in greater ones. Some sins are as motes, while others are as beams; some as a gnat, others as a camel. Not that there is any sin little; if it be a mote, or splinter, it is in the eye; if a gnat, it is in the throat; both are painful and dangerous, and we cannot be easy or well till they are got out. That which charity teaches us to call but a splinter in our brother's eye, true repentance and godly sorrow will teach us to call a beam in our own. It is as strange that a man can be in a sinful, miserable condition, and not be aware of it, as that a man should have a beam in his eye, and not consider it; but the god of this world blinds their minds. Here is a good rule for reprovers; first reform thyself.

Matthew Henry Commentary

"Of course  I don't want to sin,but we all do and say things we shouldn't ,so where do you draw the line?

Matthew 7:1
"Do not judge, or you too will be judged."

By saying we all sin. You are judging right there in your own post. You dont know that and have no scripture for it. Please dont post what we all were . Post something where God says we will all sin always?

Edited by full goespel

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

9 hours ago, firestormx said:

But I think it is for us to Judge what is happening in the body.

That is not what this thread is about.  Only God knows the heart so only God knows who is genuinely His child and has been born from above.  So the definition of who is a Christian (not WHAT is a Christian) is that that person has been born again by the power of the Holy Ghost, and has received the gift of the Holy Spirit. 

Those who are obviously living in sin cannot possibly have been converted. But some Christians may fall into sin, and yet they are genuine Christians. We see examples of this in Scripture.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

45 minutes ago, Ezra said:

That is not what this thread is about.  Only God knows the heart so only God knows who is genuinely His child and has been born from above.  So the definition of who is a Christian (not WHAT is a Christian) is that that person has been born again by the power of the Holy Ghost, and has received the gift of the Holy Spirit. 

Those who are obviously living in sin cannot possibly have been converted. But some Christians may fall into sin, and yet they are genuine Christians. We see examples of this in Scripture.

Amen Ezra!

Romans 7:19
For I do not do the good I want to do. Instead, I keep on doing the evil I do not want to do.

Galatians 5:17
For the flesh craves what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the flesh. They are opposed to one another, so that you do not do what you want.

Romans 7:16,19,20 If then I do that which I would not, I consent to the law that it is good…

1 Kings 8:46 If they sin against you, (for there is no man that sins not,) and …

Psalm 19:12 Who can understand his errors? cleanse you me from secret faults.

Psalm 65:3 Iniquities prevail against me: as for our transgressions, you shall …

Psalm 119:1-6,32,40 Blessed are the undefiled in the way, who walk in the law of the LORD…

Ecclesiastes 7:20 For there is not a just man on earth, that does good, and sins not.

Galatians 5:17 For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the …

Philippians 3:12-14 Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: …

James 3:2 For in many things we offend all. If any man offend not in word, …

1 John 1:7,8 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship …

what I hate.

Romans 12:9 Let love be without dissimulation. Abhor that which is evil; hold …

Psalm 36:4 He devises mischief on his bed; he sets himself in a way that is …

Psalm 97:10 You that love the LORD, hate evil: he preserves the souls of his …

Psalm 101:3 I will set no wicked thing before my eyes: I hate the work of them …

Psalm 119:104,113,128,163 Through your precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way…

Proverbs 8:13 The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogance, and the …

Proverbs 13:5 A righteous man hates lying: but a wicked man is loathsome, and comes to shame.

Amos 5:15 Hate the evil, and love the good, and establish judgment in the gate…

Hebrews 1:9 You have loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, …

Jude 1:23 And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even …

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/17/1975

18 hours ago, firestormx said:

I was curious as to what all of you think it means to be a Christian? What is a Christian? How is a Christian identified? IS it biblical to call someone out for not being a Christian if they say they are but don't meet the identifiers? 

4 hours ago, Ezra said:

That is not what this thread is about.  

Actually it is what  this thread is about if you examine my op above.

37 minutes ago, firestormx said:

Actually it is what  this thread is about if you examine my op above.

Its what you started with but its not were you are now heading. I gave you a straight forward answer. I dont need a reply. But its all you asked for. Now you are moving into judging or not have we the right. So were  a little ways away from the OP.

7 hours ago, angels4u said:

Amen Ezra!

Romans 7:19
For I do not do the good I want to do. Instead, I keep on doing the evil I do not want to do.

8 hours ago, Ezra said:

Only God knows the heart so only God knows who is genuinely His child and has been born from above. Those who are obviously living in sin cannot possibly have been converted. But some Christians may fall into sin, and yet they are genuine Christians. We see examples of this in Scripture.

Matthew 7:15-20

15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns or figs of thistles?

17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.

18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down and cast into the fire.

20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

What are these verses talking about? People who claim to be God's children, God's ministers and are not. It says we can know them or identify them by their fruits. We should know who is and who is not a Christian and be able to identify them by their fruit. These verses are telling us to make that judgment on if they are false or not. If we identify someone by their fruits as a false Christian and yet we say and do nothing. Then are we not going to be held responsible by God for the damage they do?

Edited by firestormx

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

5 minutes ago, firestormx said:

If we identify someone by their fruits as a false Christian and yet we say and do nothing.

As you can see this passage is primarily regarding false prophets (including false Christs, false teachers and false apostles). What we are to do is recognize them, expose them, and leave them alone.

5 minutes ago, Ezra said:

As you can see this passage is primarily regarding false prophets (including false Christs, false teachers and false apostles). What we are to do is recognize them, expose them, and leave them alone.

Exactly! So how is that not Judging their relationship with God or the lack of a relationship with God?

Is there any point me point me posting? @firestormx.    

You only replying to the ones that suits you