• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  825
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

On 12/7/2016 at 9:10 PM, Yowm said:

The Holy Spirit used the Prophets to point out the failures of individuals and Israel.

Holy Spirit wasn't available to the Prophets. Christ contained all of Holy Spirit and only after His death was He made available to all who believe Jesus Christ.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  60
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  06/12/1991

Walter & Deborah, The Holy Spirit's primary role is to 'glorify Jesus'. This role includes bringing back the things that Jesus spoke when he was here to memory John 14:26. When the Holy Spirit teaches, He teaches us about the person of Jesus and Jesus said that He [the Holy Spirit] will not speak on His own authority. In other words, His primary role is to glorify the person above Him in the Godhead, and that person is Jesus. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  336
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/12/1953

5 hours ago, Sharnadeen said:

Walter & Deborah, The Holy Spirit's primary role is to 'glorify Jesus'. This role includes bringing back the things that Jesus spoke when he was here to memory John 14:26. When the Holy Spirit teaches, He teaches us about the person of Jesus and Jesus said that He [the Holy Spirit] will not speak on His own authority. In other words, His primary role is to glorify the person above Him in the Godhead, and that person is Jesus. 

sorry, but this is a misconception of the Holy Spirit. Jesus said in John 14:26;

"But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you everything, and will cause you to remember everything I said to you."

The Holy Spirit came to replace Jesus on Earth while Jesus is in heaven and when Jesus returns to earth the Holy Spirit will return to heaven.  The persons of the Trinity are co-equal & co-eternal.

41 minutes ago, StanJ said:

sorry, but this is a misconception of the Holy Spirit. Jesus said in John 14:26;

"But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you everything, and will cause you to remember everything I said to you."

The Holy Spirit came to replace Jesus on Earth while Jesus is in heaven and when Jesus returns to earth the Holy Spirit will return to heaven.  The persons of the Trinity are co-equal & co-eternal.

The Holy Spirit 'glorifies' Jesus... By this I mean praising and worshiping....and worshiping is to give worth to someone. Notice that throughout the book of John, Jesus does not give worth to Himself but gives worth to the Father and the Holy Spirit. When the Holy Spirit  causes us to remember everything Jesus has said John 14:26 and so on.... He is in other words giving 'worth' to Jesus. By teaching about Jesus the Holy Spirit glorifies Jesus.

In everything that the Holy Spirit does, He brings glory to Jesus our King which is why persons like myself believe that the Holy Spirit 'glorifies' Jesus. 

I am open to learning more about this StanJ...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

The role of the Holy Spirit does not diminish His equality.  My husband is above me in authority but we are equal in God's Kingdom.  I totally agree with Sharnadeen.  

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  2,242
  • Topics Per Day:  0.50
  • Content Count:  4,367
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/11/1947

8 hours ago, Sharnadeen said:

John 14:26 is talking about: He bequeaths his peace to them, and fortifies them against discouragements, and us who has his holy spirit in todays life of issues. John 14:26 The Comforter which is The Holy Ghost. John 14:26

Edited by Walter and Deborah
More info.

56 minutes ago, Sharnadeen said:

The Holy Spirit 'glorifies' Jesus... By this I mean praising and worshiping....and worshiping is to give worth to someone. Notice that throughout the book of John, Jesus does not give worth to Himself but gives worth to the Father and the Holy Spirit. When the Holy Spirit  causes us to remember everything Jesus has said John 14:26 and so on.... He is in other words giving 'worth' to Jesus. By teaching about Jesus the Holy Spirit glorifies Jesus.

In everything that the Holy Spirit does, He brings glory to Jesus our King which is why persons like myself believe that the Holy Spirit 'glorifies' Jesus. 

I am open to learning more about this StanJ...

Sorry,  but again the Holy Spirit and Jesus, glorify God and God in turn will or has glorified them. I know this sounds kind of technical but it's based on what the New Testament teaches us about who glorifies God and why. We as Believers are also called to glorify God in our lives and as such we do so by living a Christ-like existence.  Glorify means to reveal or make God clearer to the world by our actions.  As a Christian, it is presupposed that God ALONE is Worthy. Rev 4:11

33 minutes ago, Willa said:

The role of the Holy Spirit does not diminish His equality.  My husband is above me in authority but we are equal in God's Kingdom.  I totally agree with Sharnadeen.  

I agree, and the role of the Holy Spirit is to be another advocate, not a subservient one. 

In a marriage, headship is responsibility, not necessarily authority. The Greek word used in 1st Corinthians 11:3 is κεφαλή (kephalē),  which connotes someone or something in the primary place, the point of origin. God is authority over all, but he operates in a certain fashion through certain people or functions.  As Paul said, he is a God of Order. 1 Cor 14.

22 minutes ago, Walter and Deborah said:

John 14:26 is talking about: He bequeaths his peace to them, and fortifies them against discouragements, and us who has his holy spirit in todays life of issues. John 14:26 The Comforter which is The Holy Ghost.

1 minute ago, StanJ said:

Sorry,  but again the Holy Spirit and Jesus, glorify God and God in turn will or has glorified them. I know this sounds kind of technical but it's based on what the New Testament teaches us about who glorifies God and why. We as Believers are also called to glorify God in our lives and as such we do so by living a Christ-like existence.  Glorify means to reveal or make God clearer to the world by our actions.  As a Christian, it is presupposed that God ALONE is Worthy. Rev 4:11

SanJ, I've learnt that the Holy Spirit is God, Christ is God and God is God and so when we say 'God alone is worthy' we refer to all three. But where the hierarchy exists in the Godhead is the fact that we Christians have to go through a channel in getting to know God the Father; we first have to know the person of the Holy Spirit who will in turn teach us about the personality of Jesus who in turn teaches about the personality of God the Father. Now that Jesus has returned to the Father, the person who reveals or makes Jesus clearer to us is the Holy Spirit. 

This is the reason my short answer to the question is that the Holy Spirit functions as the Person who 'glorifies' or reveals Jesus to us. I believe that our ultimate goal as Christians is to know God the Father and the way to knowing Him is by revelation from Jesus and the Holy Spirit. It is safe to say that all three have their unique personalities otherwise both Jesus and the Father would not need to come to us like Jesus promised in John 14:23. If they both have the exact 'personality' then I would think that the Father could save Himself that time by sending Jesus alone to make a home with us.

57 minutes ago, Sharnadeen said:

SanJ, I've learnt that the Holy Spirit is God, Christ is God and God is God and so when we say 'God alone is worthy' we refer to all three. But where the hierarchy exists in the Godhead is the fact that we Christians have to go through a channel in getting to know God the Father; we first have to know the person of the Holy Spirit who will in turn teach us about the personality of Jesus who in turn teaches about the personality of God the Father. Now that Jesus has returned to the Father, the person who reveals or makes Jesus clearer to us is the Holy Spirit. 

This is the reason my short answer to the question is that the Holy Spirit functions as the Person who 'glorifies' or reveals Jesus to us. I believe that our ultimate goal as Christians is to know God the Father and the way to knowing Him is by revelation from Jesus and the Holy Spirit. It is safe to say that all three have their unique personalities otherwise both Jesus and the Father would not need to come to us like Jesus promised in John 14:23. If they both have the exact 'personality' then I would think that the Father could save Himself that time by sending Jesus alone to make a home with us.

Yes the Holy Spirit is God and is Co-Equal & Co-Eternal with Jesus and the Father. There is no hierarchy in God but there is an order in God.  No man can come to Jesus unless the Father draws him and no man can come to the Father unless it is through Jesus Christ. The Holy Spirit only comes to those who have confessed Jesus as their Lord & Savior and have received Him in baptism.