• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.36
  • Days Won:  20

13 minutes ago, hmbld said:

I think got questions got it right. The demons are cast out when the unsaved get saved!

Actually that is backwards as shown in Scripture.

The unsaved COULD NOT get saved until the demons were cast out. It is only AFTER the legion of demons was cast out of the maniac of Gadara by Christ that he was found "sitting, and clothed, and in his right mind".  Before that he was a dangerous maniac. But following his healing, he went to Decapolis to proclaim his deliverance to all the people there (Mark 5:1-20).

As to the many errors in Got Questions  regarding this, I could certainly go into more detail, but for the moment give this some consideration. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  595
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,027
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

It is no problem to cast out a demon (or many) from an unsaved person....  but if you don't get that person filled with the Holy Spirit they will come back....  and if the person doesn't want them cast out it makes the whole thing more complicated.  

One should not be doing exorcisms  unless the Holy Spirit is directing them to, and in that case it is rather simple and quick.  True possession and mental illness have very similar symptoms and if you do the exorcism thing on a mentally ill person it can be very long term damaging to them.

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,013
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

24 minutes ago, Ezra said:

Actually that is backwards as shown in Scripture.

The unsaved COULD NOT get saved until the demons were cast out. It is only AFTER the legion of demons was cast out of the maniac of Gadara by Christ that he was found "sitting, and clothed, and in his right mind".  Before that he was a dangerous maniac. But following his healing, he went to Decapolis to proclaim his deliverance to all the people there (Mark 5:1-20).

As to the many errors in Got Questions  regarding this, I could certainly go into more detail, but for the moment give this some consideration. 

Ezra they covered this in their opening statement.... you need to be more specific about the error you claim cause what you posted is in agreement with what they have stated

It appears that the purpose of Jesus' disciples performing exorcisms was to show Christ's dominion over the demons (Luke 10:17) and to verify that the disciples were acting in His name and by His authority. It also revealed their faith or lack of faith (Matthew 17:14-21). It was obvious that this act of casting out demons was important to the ministry of the disciples. However, it is unclear what part casting out demons actually played in the discipleship process.

Guest BacKaran

Thank you all for your responses.

My thought behind the question has to do with a false religion trying to use exorcism to somehow gather in nonsaved people by letting them know if they think they are possessed, this church is the place to go for help, and we're all know Christ is who we need to turn to.

Since I left the rcc I always wondered why the rcc made a big deal of exorcisms but still kept their rites cloaked in mystery.

The rcc is a church of the devil to me and this is the conundrum.

They, the rcc,  claim their members to be saved at infant baptism yet they can be or are  possessed later by demons.

To me this is just the devil creating a lie and a mysterious rite that is not needed since all we need is Christ and I know many believers on here will agree that a born again person is God's treasure. We still can be harassed by the devil and demons but born again believers cannot be snatched out of Gods hands.

I wanted rccs to think about what the Bible says vs what rome says.

A born again aka saved soul is never going to be possessed in the first place. And the rcc says the opposite.

I've known brothers and sisters who have been harassed by demons with unexplainable things happening in their homes but again, my friends immediately turned to prayer in Christ and the weird things stopped.

Even though it's upsetting to a believer to go thru something like that, our comfort is in Christ who has made the devil's hold on the believer null and void.

The devil is nothing but bothersome gnat against the Holy armor of God.

Thanks for a great conversation?

Edited by BacKaran

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.84
  • Days Won:  226

8 hours ago, Ezra said:

Here we go. As usual defending Got Questions has greater priority than defending the truth.  

They DELIBERATELY misapplied Scripture which is for Christians to the issue of casting out demons from the demon-possessed. The unsaved (who are not God's children) do NOT have the armor of God, yet Got Questions has this very misleading advice:

This does not involve casting out demons, but rather renewing our minds (4:23). After several practical instructions on how to obey God as His children, we are reminded that there is a spiritual battle. It is fought with certain armor that allows us to stand against—not cast out—the trickery of the demonic world (6:10). We stand with truth, righteousness, the gospel, faith, salvation, the Word of God, and prayer (6:10-18).

So a warning to all those who are not solidly grounded: TRUST BUT VERIFY.

That is because Got Questions is the truth.

21 minutes ago, Yowm said:

I'm not sure I understand this part.

Surely the Holy  Spirit (the One performing the actual exorcism) knows who is mentally ill and who is actually possessed. I just can't see the Holy Spirit doing damage to a mentally ill person...a charlatan, yes.

If you quote my whole post that was covered.

5 minutes ago, Yowm said:

My question still stands. The Holy Spirit would know the difference if one mistakenly performs exorcism on a mentally ill patient and would not damage them. Would He?

And if the Holy Spirit isn't talking to you leave it alone

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.36
  • Days Won:  20

1 hour ago, missmuffet said:

That is because Got Questions is the truth.

Give it up.  That's how cults admire their *teachers*.

Several others have also pointed out their inconsistencies of doctrine and interpretation.  The truth is exclusively in Scripture and sound interpretation.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,410
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

7 hours ago, hmbld said:

I think got questions got it right. The demons are cast out when the unsaved get saved!  Then we are to stand. 

I understand the theological and biblical truth of your statement, as a born again believer cannot be possessed by demons as Christ lives in him now.  But what about a believer who had a demon of infirmity that was visible or known, then that person is supposed to be healed as the demons are supposed to be resident no more.  But is this always the case and do you know of people who have been born again and testify to being healed and restored .?   There is much more to this and believers must come forth and give testimony as to God deliverance and if they are still harassed or their condition still exist.

This topic is not to be taken lightly, as some has been severely  affected by the diabolical unclean spirits that the bible say exits.  They existed in Jesus days and there is nothing to say that they have gone dormant or simply does nothing.    Our mental institutions are filled with people who have very peculiar personalities that science cannot explain and the use of medicine has to be administered.  There is a line between spiritual and physical [mental]occurrences that people with loved ones affected are faced with.   Demons can cause tremendous wear and despair in those affected and for those who has the front seat can describe best.  This is where when  one become aware of the situations that exist, spiritual warfare develops and for me it is a fact and very real as  the rising of the sun.     

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.84
  • Days Won:  226

29 minutes ago, Ezra said:

Give it up.  That's how cults admire their *teachers*.

Several others have also pointed out their inconsistencies of doctrine and interpretation.  The truth is exclusively in Scripture and sound interpretation.

Are you saying that "Got Questions" is a cult? Like I have said before many do not like Got Questions because they are a Ministry of truth with no false doctrine and they do not line up with their interpretation of Scripture.