• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

15 hours ago, nebula said:

Who's up for walking through the run-down areas of Detroit without a self-defense weapon?

I'd rather not walk through there with or without a weapon unless I absolutely have to. Drive through in a armored car maybe. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,675
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Days Won:  0

6 hours ago, Sharnadeen said:

Ok not to stray from my root point. I don't believe Pastors 'need' a gun because unless his battles are won in the spirit by the Lord and His angels it cannot be won in the flesh and therefore a physical weapon would be ineffective after the fact. You believe that Pastors need a gun and that's fine. We both share different views and I guess we'll both hold on to these views.

Hi Sharnadeen

As soon as guns are mentioned and you say 'Faith in God  is all you need' there are some here that will jump in guns blazing and You will even get called names and be labeled ,, things like 'misguided' or 'irresponsible' this is the usual tactic...It is not at all subtle ...I think it is carnal in essence and an avenue for the enemy in their lives..I am personally not prompted by the Spirit to 'need' a gun..To me anyone that would harm us is being influenced by the enemy and can be rebuked (by a  Spirit filled Christian)..If we trust in God and have Him before us ALL the time and have Faith that we are dressed in robes of Righteousness and in His presence  then we can go about His business,,, 'if' in the course of doing God's business we are pressed by the Spirit to 'personally' sell our robes and carry a weapon then so be it!! then by all means it must be so!! But to carry a weapon all the time definitely seems to me  like lack of faith or closeness to God and not being lead by Him, but walking about in a spirit of fear,,, or it is because that person is in the front line like the machine gun preacher...That is all i have to say! it is my opinion and i am only offering it here as it just gets so one sided... It is how i see it!

*Please Note i have addressed Sharnadeen* i have given my opinion nothing to add and will not be enticed into bickering we have all heard the opinions of the gun crowd many, many, many times...Thank you

God bless

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

27 minutes ago, Snow said:

Hi Sharnadeen

As soon as guns are mentioned and you say 'Faith in God  is all you need' there are some here that will jump in guns blazing and You will even get called names and be labeled ,, things like 'misguided' or 'irresponsible' this is the usual tactic...It is not at all subtle ...I think it is carnal in essence and an avenue for the enemy in their lives..I am personally not prompted by the Spirit to 'need' a gun..To me anyone that would harm us is being influenced by the enemy and can be rebuked (by a  Spirit filled Christian)..If we trust in God and have Him before us ALL the time and have Faith that we are dressed in robes of Righteousness and in His presence  then we can go about His business,,, 'if' in the course of doing God's business we are pressed by the Spirit to 'personally' sell our robes and carry a weapon then so be it!! then by all means it must be so!! But to carry a weapon all the time definitely seems to me  like lack of faith or closeness to God and not being lead by Him, but walking about in a spirit of fear,,, or it is because that person is in the front line like the machine gun preacher...That is all i have to say! it is my opinion and i am only offering it here as it just gets so one sided... It is how i see it!

*Please Note i have addressed Sharnadeen* i have given my opinion nothing to add and will not be enticed into bickering we have all heard the opinions of the gun crowd many, many, many times...Thank you

God bless

I like how you have mislabeled us. I don't recall anyone accusing anyone here of being misguided or irresponsible. Just pointed out that self defense is Biblically allowed and guns are simply a tool with which to do that. I would ask that you do not demonize those of us who are on the gun side of the fence, and I would also ask that those of us who are on the gun side to not demonize your stance. It's really not a fair argument either way.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,058
  • Content Per Day:  14.92

A pastor's first responsibility is to protect his/her flock from evil and teach them the straight and narrow path that leads to Jesus, the Christ.  If a pastor feels led by the Spirit of the Living God to be armed, I see nothing wrong with that. 

A friend about my age encouraged me and my wife to attend a church service with them.  The teaching was excellent and I got to talk to the pastor afterward with my friend.  Well the subject quickly turned to guns, especially 1911s.  We all had different guns from different manufacturers, so we swapped stories.  It was a way for the pastor to connect with his congregation and I felt at ease and not under condemnation because I have a gun or two.

3 hours ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

A pastor's first responsibility is to protect his/her flock from evil and teach them the straight and narrow path that leads to Jesus, the Christ.  If a pastor feels led by the Spirit of the Living God to be armed, I see nothing wrong with that. 

A friend about my age encouraged me and my wife to attend a church service with them.  The teaching was excellent and I got to talk to the pastor afterward with my friend.  Well the subject quickly turned to guns, especially 1911s.  We all had different guns from different manufacturers, so we swapped stories.  It was a way for the pastor to connect with his congregation and I felt at ease and not under condemnation because I have a gun or two.

Our pastor as I mentioned earlier is a rancher, and every year he hosts a family retreat at his ranch for our church and a few others. And many of the activities at the retreat involve firearms. Prairie dog shootout, skeet shooting, and even .22s for the kids. Even have a archery target set up. At night we have a guest speaker, and half the congregation is openly packing handguns of every kind lol.

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,165
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Birthday:  11/10/1961

On 12/12/2016 at 5:15 PM, Sharnadeen said:

I don't believe Pastors need a gun because the Lord's angels can suffice. What are your thoughts and why?

We live in a fallen world where violence is the norm, not the exception.

I go to a small church and just about every adult in the congregation owns at least one gun. Our pastor and his wife own one each, and there are several deacons or elders with concealed carry permits so there may be several armed adults there during Sunday worship. Its not something you'd find in the morning announcements, but they believe in being prepared to protect wives and children that might be harmed if there was ever a shooter to come in the door. I don't have an issue with that because I'm old and busted up enough that I can't run away from trouble, so that means stay and fight if needed. I don't have a problem with that either - I'll be able to give others time to get away.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.44
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.92
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

On 12/12/2016 at 10:15 PM, Sharnadeen said:

I don't believe Pastors need a gun because the Lord's angels can suffice. What are your thoughts and why?

I agree with you, sister Sharnadeen. There is only one door that leads to salvation: Jesus Christ.

The Eternal wants to open the sky and everything in it to us, as it did to John.

Notice how many times something is opened in Revelation:

•      In Revelation 4.1 is an open door;

•      Then seven seals are opened;

•      Further on the sanctuary of the Eternal in heaven is opened (Rev 11.19; 15.5);

•      The heaven is finally opened (Rev. 19:11).

However, notice the difference here in Rev 4 with what happened in Acts 7.56; 10.11, Rev 11.19; Ezekiel 1:1; Matthew 3.16. In these passages the heavens opened and the people had visions. Here, however, John was transported to the Day of the Lord Jesus (Rev. 1:10) and experienced (tried within) everything that will happen in it.

John did not see the door opening. It was already open. John, entering through this door, sees the heavens and, at the same time, what happens on earth in response to what happens in heaven. The joy and calm of heaven is interspersed with the agony of everything that happens on earth.

And the point is that this door was not opened exclusively to John (as it was given, for example, in Ezek 1:3, 3:16; Jesus is this door, which opened from the moment He cried out "is finished" (John 19:30, Matthew 27.51). Since then the time has come to be "at hand" (Rev. 1.3) for all who believe.

The door open to heaven is Christ: there is no other door (John 10:9). If there were several doors, which one would John go through?

This door is open to whoever receives Jesus. Unfortunately, few can see this in their lives. The door of revelation is open (see 1 Corinthians 2: 9-12), but there are few who find it and enter it (see Matthew 7:14-15).

This is the door by which we must all pass so that we may live the Day of the Lord Jesus, namely, the day when He reigns over us (see Rev 11.17; 19.6). There is no way to be saved without experiencing this day, that is, without leaving the system that rules this world, as well as everything connected to it (beast, false prophets, marks of the beast, etc.) (see Rev 12.7-10).

Be clear: once John saw an open door in the heaven and was called to go up there, then this means that John had not yet ascended to heaven. He was seeing the Day of the Lord in spirit here on earth. It is only from chapter 4 that his spirit is transported to heaven and he sees everything from there to chapter 17.

Notwithstanding, make it clear: access to the heavenly regions is not to be restricted to John alone (see Ephesians 1:3; 2.6). He wants to show us things that go beyond our imagination (1Corinthians 2:8-12, Ephesians 3:20,21). But are we willing to go through the narrow door (Matthew 7:13,14) and submit us to the plan of the Eternal (Zechariah 4:6), or are we going to use violence to keep what we think is ours?

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,189
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 6:15 PM, Sharnadeen said:

John 19:10-11

10 Then saith Pilate unto him, Speakest thou not unto me? knowest thou not that I have power to crucify thee, and have power to release thee?

11 Jesus answered, Thou couldest have no power at all against me, except it were given thee from above: therefore he that delivered me unto thee hath the greater sin.
KJV