Guest BacKaran

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,244
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Sorry, Miss Peep, hope you can bundle up and have long underwear.  I used to wear all that on the school busses in winter because it took a half hour for the bus to heat up, and I got off the bus to help each kid to get on and off safely.  We have electric heat to back up the heat pump so it automatically comes on when the heat pump can't keep the house warm enough.  Bill in summer is under $100 for total electricity but $350 in winters.  This year might be closer to $400.  Here the electric company offers help if your income is low.  You might check it out. Fire places suck the heat out unless it is a heatalater or something similar that is enclosed and with a blower made to circulate the heat.  So we block ours off and have doors on it.  

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,244
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Kwik, grand daughter will be riding for 14 hours in a 16 passenger vehicle that will have goats strapped to the roof and every imaginable place.  They spend the trip holding chickens on their laps.  It is definitely not a tourist trip lol.  The people at our church have donated the money for livestock since the land was devastate by war.  The people go together to breed them, form herds and flocks, use and sell the milk and eggs, and occasionally butcher one.  They also started a little Christian school there.  It was all started about 8 years ago by a man who was from that area. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

25 minutes ago, Willa said:

Sorry, Miss Peep, hope you can bundle up and have long underwear.  I used to wear all that on the school busses in winter because it took a half hour for the bus to heat up, and I got off the bus to help each kid to get on and off safely.  We have electric heat to back up the heat pump so it automatically comes on when the heat pump can't keep the house warm enough.  Bill in summer is under $100 for total electricity but $350 in winters.  This year might be closer to $400.  Here the electric company offers help if your income is low.  You might check it out. Fire places suck the heat out unless it is a heatalater or something similar that is enclosed and with a blower made to circulate the heat.  So we block ours off and have doors on it.  

The summer bills are low.We live in an older home.Very little insulation and the house is very not energy efficient. But we have no a/c and last summer the temps got over 100.

• Followers:  20
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  2.49
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  04/11/1961

Freezing rain today :o

IMG_6651.JPG

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,132
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Here in Central Oklahoma we're getting a light dusting of snow, but the temperature under my carport is 13 degrees with a 25 to 35 mile an hour wind out of the north. windchill would be about -5 degrees.....     that's cold for Oklahoma.

I'm not sure if it's actually snowing here or just blowing down from Kansas..

Guest BacKaran

Grrrrrrreat Mnsnowtah is still in the deep  freeze.

-20 below right now, this morning it was like-50 below, the door groaned to open and the dogs made a quit put stop.....

I noticed that my good knee is slipping and aching, my foot with arthritis is aching, my titanium knee is aching and....

I'm thankful for it all, it means I'm alive and well God's not done with me yet!!!!!

?

It is going to warm up into the 40's this week. TROPICAL!!! I will feel like I am in Hawaii :)

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

It's cold down here in Houston now too; it's going to be in the low 30s tonight..  That's really cold for the Gulf coast.  :unsure:

1 hour ago, MorningGlory said:

It's cold down here in Houston now too; it's going to be in the low 30s tonight..  That's really cold for the Gulf coast.  :unsure:

Yes, that is cold for you guys.

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

On 12/17/2016 at 1:38 PM, kwikphilly said:

I'll join you in prayer but even  too hot or too cold im still gonna be grateful for yet another day i get to see...

You see , not so long ago I was at deaths door & Father spared me so I see things differently, thats all & just teasing my beloved Sister Willa

If there is anything I can do for you just pm me....... I am truly Blessed but also to be a Blessing, dont hesitate to call me.         With love in Christ, Kwik

And I must add, though it was " miserably hot" I was never " miserable" just very hot when its well over 100 and looking for physical relief,,,still praising. & God Provided, as always

Amen Kwik! 

Here in sunny Southern California it is very cold.  Since I have only propane heat and a small heater, my house is very cold, yet I praise God that I have a home and a roof over my head.  It's all about the praise in good and in bad!