IGNORED

The Holy Trinity?

Paper mache

Guest shiloh357
4 minutes ago, soonsister said:

"But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have told you." John 14:26

No, the word advocate is not the correct rendering of Parakletos in John 14:26.  The correct rendering is comforter or helper.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,116
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

4 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

Actually, alot of that is junk history.   If you study out the REAL ancient religious history of the middle east, you'll find that a lot of stuff you posted is revisionism used by skeptics to discredit the Christian faith, banking on the assumption that no one has the time or interest to check into that stuff.

It's like the claim that the birth, death and resurrection of Jesus is really just a rehash of the story of Horus, that Horus was born on Dec. 25th in a cave and that he died and was raised to life and so on.   They do that with lots of deities from ancient Egypt, Babylon, Assyria, Rome, Greece...  There is the claim that the sun god "Mithras" is what Jesus' life is based on and that "Jesus"  is really "Ie-Sous" or  "Ie-Zeus."

I have heard it all and it is all nonsense, as is the claim that the ancients had "Triune"gods.     The doctrine of the Trinity is that there is ONE God in three Persons.   Even the stuff you post above isn't anything like the Trinity.   It is more of a Triad of three gods, not a Trinity. 

And by the way, Alexander Hislop has been discredited and debunked over and over.  His book is completely unreliable as a history book. 

LoL,   Horus was born in November and his mother was not a virgin, she got pregnant by her dead husband....       really, how does this compare to Jesus..   As for Nimrod, he was the son of Semiramis and Cush....    When Cush was killed she didn't want to leave the protected life she had so she married her son Nimrod...   the story just gets crazy past that with several versions, but she was anything but a virgin....

Guest shiloh357
8 minutes ago, other one said:

LoL,   Horus was born in November and his mother was not a virgin, she got pregnant by her dead husband....       really, how does this compare to Jesus..   As for Nimrod, he was the son of Semiramis and Cush....    When Cush was killed she didn't want to leave the protected life she had so she married her son Nimrod...   the story just gets crazy past that with several versions, but she was anything but a virgin....

The ones who push the Horus is Jesus myth hope that their readers are not familiar with Egyptology and the real mythologies.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  647
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  1

42 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

No, the word advocate is not the correct rendering of Parakletos in John 14:26.  The correct rendering is comforter or helper.

The holy spirit was to be sent in Jesus name after he returned to the Holy Spirit Father.

"As for you, the anointing which you received from Him abides in you, and you have no need for anyone to teach you; but as His anointing teaches you about all things, and is true and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you abide in Him." 1John 2:27

Guest shiloh357
Just now, soonsister said:

The holy spirit was to be sent in Jesus name after he returned to the Holy Spirit Father.

Not true. That is not in the bible.

8 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Not true. That is not in the bible.

Not true. It is in the bible and scriptures have been posted to prove that. Where do you believe Jesus ascended to when he left is Apostles?

“But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:” John 15:26

16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will bein you. 18 I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. John 14:16-18

“But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.” John 14:26

“Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.” John 16:7

Guest shiloh357
1 minute ago, soonsister said:

Not true. It is in the bible and scriptures have been posted to prove that. Where do you believe Jesus ascended to when he left is Apostles?

“But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:” John 15:26

16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will bein you. 18 I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. John 14:16-18

“But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.” John 14:26

“Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.” John 16:7

My apologies, I  misread your previous post.  i am multitasking and got my wires crossed.  You were correct.  the holy spirit was sent in Jesus' Name.

1 hour ago, shiloh357 said:

My apologies, I  misread your previous post.  i am multitasking and got my wires crossed.  You were correct.  the holy spirit was sent in Jesus' Name.

I understand multitasking issues. That can happen to all of us. Thank you for your post. :)

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

On 1/6/2017 at 9:46 AM, Brittany said:

If the Holy Spirit is a distinct person of the Godhead, why is it we never see him physically speak? Why is it that, when the apostles were writing their epistles, they gave glory to "One God, the Father, and our Lord Jesus Christ"? They didn't give glory to the Holy spirit.

1. The Holy Spirit is the Author of the Bible. All scripture came by the method described in 2 Peter 1:20-21. 2 Timothy 3:16-17 says all scripture is God breathed (breath / wind are synonymous with spirit in Greek and Hebrew). He is humble and his ministry / mission is to reveal Jesus and who and what Jesus is.

2. The Holy Spirit does in fact speak:

Acts 13:2 (AV)
2 As they ministered to the Lord, and fasted, the Holy Ghost said, Separate me Barnabas and Saul for the work whereunto I have called them.

Here's a question; since Jesus was begotten of the Holy Spirit, why doesn't He call the Holy Spirit His father, if the Holy Spirit is a personal being of the Godhead? 

That's not what the scripture says. 

Matthew 1:20 (AV)
20 But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.

The conceptus / embryo in Mary's womb was placed there by the Holy Spirit.

The incarnation of Jesus is a triune participation event of

• the Father (John 1:14b, Hebrews 10:5, Hebrews 1:5)
  • the Son (John 1:1, John 1:14a)
  • the Holy Spirit (Matthew 1:20)

but the creator / begetor of the incarnate body God the Word became is the Father (2 John 3).

The Father is not the Holy Spirit (John 14:26) anymore than the Son is (John 15:26) for both SENT the Holy Spirit into the world. 

There have been cases in the New Testament where the Holy Spirit has been personified, but is there any evidencefor a Triune God in the Old Testament? Usually (if not always), New Testament doctrines can be found in the Old Testament as well. 

I like to refer to this group of scriptures depicting the beginning as "the old one two..."

John 1:1–2 (AV)
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.

1 John 1:1–2 (AV)
1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;
2 (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;)

Genesis 1:1–2 (AV)
1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

The Holy Spirit is God (Acts 5:3-4), he does in fact speak (Acts 13:2) he is not the Father (John 14:26) or the Son (John 15:26) and is present in the beginning (Genesis 1:1-2) with the Father (1 John 1:1-2) and the Son preincarnate (John 1:1-2).

Use the Old Testament to contain prophetic hints of New Testament fulfillment / revelation / explanation not the other way around.

I do not doubt this. But, plurality doesn't mean 3. It could mean 2, or 5, or 100.

True. But the Bible ONLY indicates three individuals are the one God.

Time to believe God not what man thinks or doubts.

I mean, why believe you can be saved other than God says you can be?

If we'd just learn to take God at his word... sounds ridiculous to say but people don't, and ONLY God is true...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  977
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0

On 23/01/2017 at 4:18 PM, JohnD said:

True. But the Bible ONLY indicates three individuals are the one God.

Time to believe God not what man thinks or doubts.

I mean, why believe you can be saved other than God says you can be?

If we'd just learn to take God at his word... sounds ridiculous to say but people don't, and ONLY God is true...

If we truly believed what the Bible says, we would not so quickly assume a trinity.   "But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him." 1 Cor. 8:6  Here Paul reveals that there is but one God. Not two, not three, one. One and only one, just as the 'shema' says in the OT,  Deuteronomy 6:4  Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one Lord.  Paul also reveals who that God is. The Father. Now you must deal with that before asking the inevitable, does that mean that Jesus isn't God? Deal with the indisputable first. Accept that which is clear, plain, and written in both OT and NT, repeated constantly, stressed by every prophet and professed by every Christian, (though they are confused as to what that actually means because of the trinity) before continuing in debate. Even Jesus agrees...." And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." Who was Jesus speaking to here in John 17:3?  The Father. His Father. Our Father. And yes, Jesus's God. Revelation 3:12  Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

Revelation 14:1  And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father’s name written in their foreheads.

Those of us who finally make it to heaven shall have Jesus's Father's name written in their foreheads. As well as Jesus name. This does not mean a tattoo of some sort with literal writing. In our foreheads is our conscience. The Father's name is His character.

Exodus 34:5 ¶  And the LORD descended in the cloud, and stood with him there, and proclaimed the name of the LORD.
6  And the LORD passed by before him, and proclaimed, The LORD, The LORD God, merciful and gracious, longsuffering, and abundant in goodness and truth,
7  Keeping mercy for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin, and that will by no means clear the guilty; visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children, and upon the children’s children, unto the third and to the fourth generation.

So deal with this first. The Father is the only true God...as testified by Jesus Himself. Don't assume a trinity of 3 co-equal co-eternal consub stantial beings making one God until you can come to terms, accept, and believe that indisputable revelation of scripture. Once you accept that, then, and only then, should we begin to discuss the divinity/deity of Christ, and/or the Holy Spirit.

Why? Because the trinity as expressed in the creeds, denies the Father as being the ONLY TRUE GOD.