IGNORED

You don't understand, I really need to talk to God.

groundzero

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  433
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/24/1990

On 2/12/2017 at 4:19 AM, groundzero said:

How does one talk to your God so they can receive a satisfactory reply. A reply that casts no doubt it is him, is there an actual way for success?

Talking to God is prayer.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  162
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

On 2/12/2017 at 5:19 AM, groundzero said:

How does one talk to your God so they can receive a satisfactory reply. A reply that casts no doubt it is him, is there an actual way for success?

Hi, 

I think that you believe in the question makes you on your way to finding an answer. Because maybe God put it on your heart to feel like you really need to talk to him. And if you didn't believe something was there why would you really need to talk to it? 

Just talk. If you get a bible you will find out that God is everywhere all the time. He made everything from his own self, his own powers, energy, and stuff. Everything is of God because God is the source, creator, of every thing. Including you. Maybe you're feeling this really deep need because God is really tickling your conscience to get your attention to the always truth; he's always there. 

So talk to him. Maybe like you would a friend. Don't go in with expectations like what you need to hear to prove he's there. Just talk and come to grips with where you are and what makes you now need to get in touch. I think a lot of the times we don't think our prayers are answered because before we make them we have this preconceived idea of what we need to hear back. 

Just talk, pray, and let it go. God already knows what you need anyway. I think he just likes it when we humble ourselves and face the fact we can't do it all ourselves. 

I hope you are still here and read all these great pages of advice. 

Shalom, 

Lemur

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  42
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Hey man, the people on this site are generally very friendly (from my experiences so far, at least) and I believe I am usually willing to talk about this sort of thing. Why not stick around here?

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  148

Hi!

I will post here the script from the video "14 Keys to Hearing the Voice of God with Overflowing Confidence" if you would prefer to watch this in video form, please search for that title by Daniel Quartararo.

14 Keys to Hearing God’s Voice with Overflowing Confidence!

Hello and welcome and thank you for your interest!

There is nothing more comforting than hearing (and more importantly) knowing the voice of the Lord! In doing so, you can call on the Lord and hear His response all day, every day! And I know our Heavenly Father loves both hearing us pray to Him and guiding us! The Lord once spoke to me that He wants to guide us on anything we are willing to bring to Him (like the good Father He is!). Hearing the voice of God is easier than you might think! God is already speaking to you, but can you recognize Him? This guide is here to help you do just that, with overflowing confidence! Enjoy!

Key 1) Accept Jesus Christ as your Lord.
Let me ask you a question: Who do you want to run your life? You? Or God? If you answered God, then you will more easily allow Jesus to be Lord of your life, and as stated in Matthew 16:25, “whoever shall lose His life for the sake of Christ shall find it, but he who tries to hold on to his life shall lose it.” Unwillingness to surrender your moment by moment decisions, day by day, indicates that you in fact want to be lord of your life but we are called to make Christ our Lord! And I can say from experience, there is nothing better than making Christ your Lord!

Part of making Christ your Lord is surrendering your prayer time. We all have many questions we would like to ask God, but the better question is what does God want to talk to you about? Instead of wasting time asking God questions He may or may not answer (and He does know best when He does not answer), always start your prayer time by asking the Lord what He wants to talk about, and listening to your heart for the answer. Let this be the question you start with and patiently wait for Him to bring you His revelation on!

Key 2) Be willing to go through the pain to get to the prize.
There is a season for everything! One of these seasons is going to have to be learning how to hear God’s voice (if you truly want to fulfill His will to the highest degree possible and let God into the details of your life! The good news is, Romans 11:29 says, “God’s gifts and His calling can never be revoked.” So, even if you feel late to the party, do not be discouraged; God’s call on your life is still intact and He has a plan for you to complete! So, commit wholeheartedly to the task of learning God’s voice and you will be through this season sooner rather than later!

Key 3) Have faith God speaks and wants to speak to you.
Nothing stops the Lord faster than a lack of faith. And the Bible says, without faith it is impossible to please God. And our Lord, in fact, would do you a disservice to speak to you when you do not believe He does speak or wants to speak with you. Jesus says, “My sheep hear my voice, I know them, and they follow Me” in John 10:27. Have faith God will speak and He will! If you are not hearing Him, check your heart for doubt and make a statement of faith, in faith, of His delight to speak with you!

Key 4) Allow God to calm you before you pray (especially if you are distraught).
If you don’t spend much time in God’s presence, you will find what the Lord will do for your mental state if you are willing to just spend time with Him will astound you! There is nothing more calming than the presence of God. This is not about petitioning the Lord, praying, or even saying anything; just being with Him! Quiet your mind, feel His presence, and let Him bathe you in Him! Worship Him if you so desire, but most importantly, just spend time with Him in peace and quiet!

Key 5) Learn what a soft heart feels like.
Are you in your prayer room, asking and hearing nothing? Relax and loosen your heart, literally! When your heart is open, you will often feel a warming, tingling sensation of the presence of God! Take a deep breath, focus on softening your heart in front of Him! Learn to live with a soft heart and realize when you have hardened your heart! Pray for a softened heart, often!

Key 6) Learn how to silence your mind.
The Lord tells us to be still and know He is God in Psalm 46:10. Still your mind, open your heart, and listen!

Key 7) Be willing to resist through the demonic interference.
The level of demonic interference the Lord will allow will directly depend on the sin in your life or what you are currently resisting and overcoming from your past. God promises, saying “submit to God and resist the devil, the devil shall flee (James 4:7).” Be willing to stay in submission in front of God, and resist the devil for as long as it takes for the demonic to lose authority and be silenced by the Lord. Wage spiritual warfare, command those you have authority over to be silent, in faith, in Jesus’ name, then resist the rest. Few things are more frustrating than being ignored; therefore, ignore the demons trying to interfere with you and focus on being still, and feeling and enjoying God’s presence.

As a side note: Sometimes it would take me as long as twenty minutes or longer to get one revelation from God when I first started listening for His voice. Over the course of an hour or longer in the prayer room I would come out with a few revelations, but those revelations were more valuable than precious metals! Nothing is more valuable than hearing (and recognizing!) the voice of God! This difficulty was only for a very short season, for I pursued these revelations as much as I could and it became exponentially easier to hear Him and have confidence that it was Him speaking to my mind! Now, I can easily communicate with the Lord all day and every day about everything, in the moment, and even pick His voice out from multiple in my mind. It was very well worth the “struggle” to be here!

Key 8) Write down what the Lord says.
Write down what you believe the Lord wants you to ask Him, and when you have received revelation, write down the answer as well. Adam and Eve were deceived in the garden because Satan twisted God’s words. Do not allow the demonic to distort or take away the revelation God is bringing you (how easily I forget, I do not know about yourself), therefore write down everything God says, when possible! Matthew 4:4 says, “Jesus answered, "It is written: 'Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every Word that comes from the mouth of God.'" Do not let the enemy steal or distort the Words you must live on!

Key 9) Do not ask the Lord repeatedly for confirmations.
Thoroughness can quickly become unfaith! Where that line is, I will let the Lord decide, for He knows your heart. When you believe you have received a revelation from God, believe it and move forward. Ask the Lord to repeat Himself too many times, and in your unfaith God will stop speaking on that particular subject.

Key 10) Have the humility to ignore your own thoughts.
You should know your own voice pretty well, and if that is who is responding, be willing to move past it and continue listening for the Lord’s voice. Be patient, for learning to still the mind is a process (like anything). Especially if you are very analytical, practice the faith of not having to think about anything, and trusting the Lord to provide the way for your life! His thoughts are higher than ours (Isaiah 55:9), Romans 8:6-7 says, “For the mind of the flesh is death; but the mind of the Spirit life and peace. The carnal mind is not only an enemy to God, but enmity itself.” Wooo! What a passage! Enmity means the state or feeling of being actively opposed or hostile to someone or something. 2 Corinthians 10:5  says, “Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, (that would include our carnal mind!) and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;” Every thought, cast it down, rely on the thoughts of Christ and Christ alone!

Key 11) Realize the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit each have a unique voice (like we all do).
If your best friend said something behind you, would you know who was speaking without having to see their face? The one thing these three voices all have in common is their perfection! Focus on the tone of who is speaking to you and it will become apparent who God is! God’s voice is the perfect voice of love, without condemnation, impatience, fear, anxiousness, or anything impure! The demonic on the other hand, as much as they might try to impersonate God, just do not have that perfect, beautiful, loving voice of the Lord! Focusing on the tone and timbre of the voices in your mind is key in discernment! You likely know God’s voice better than you think, for we all have been hearing Him speak to our mind our whole life. So, instead of looking for that new voice you have not heard, focus on identifying that pure voice you already know!

Key 12) Be willing to be obedient (especially when it’s hard to be).
Nothing confirms you were hearing the voice of God better than stepping out in faith and following (especially when what the Lord is asking you to do seems difficult)! If what you believe the Lord is asking does not violate the nature of the Lord as presented in the Bible (love) and you do not think it is a thought of you own or the enemy, go with it! Only by stepping out in faith may it be apparent if you heard Him (not always, but very often His hand will be evident when He is involved!), “take courage”, as the Bible commands! It is okay to make mistakes if you continue to constantly pursue the Lord’s voice, for in doing so, He will correct your mistakes, as well as any false ideas you may have picked up along the way, in His perfect way and with His perfect time!

Key 13) Bring Him every decision (yes, even the “small stuff”).
The Bible states that Jesus did not say a word His Father did not ask Him to say, or do anything His Father did not show Him to do. And 1 John 2:6 says, that those who claim to be in God must live as Jesus lived. Some fear obedience to the Lord in such a detail oriented way will lead them into an impoverished, destitute life, but that is just not true and one must ask themselves how many who claim God truly listen to Him? (The answer, according to our Lord, circa late 2016: 3%.) So, do not judge God’s plan by those who have claimed Him! According to the Bible God plans are to prosper us and to give us a hope and a future, as it states in Jeremiah 29:11! Psalm 37:4 tells us to delight in the Lord, And He will give us the desires and petitions of our heart! And from personal experience; living a fully obedient life (to the best of my ability) for over a year now, I can tell you there is nothing better than letting God have complete control over the littlest details of life! He has quickened me. He has done countless wondrous things in my life and in the lives of those around me and He has lined up absolutely mind-boggling circumstances as well! Following Him like this is truly astounding!

Also, allow the Lord to write your texts and emails, give you the words to speak when you speak with others, and give you the prayers to pray when you pray for others! And do not be surprised when you start delivering completely accurate words of knowledge and prophecy, in Jesus’ name, as Jesus did, because it glorifies our Lord, for He has gone to the Father as stated in John 14:12!

Do not wait for the big life changing decision to seek the voice of the Lord. Being unpracticed and unfamiliar with who you are listening for can make such decisions very difficult and stressful! Instead, ask the Lord what to wear, what to eat, when to stop eating, what to read, what to post, what to watch, what to do; let Him make every decision small AND big! It may sound like bondage, but truly, it is complete and utter freedom!

I live, fully surrendered (to the best of my ability), like Jesus did, in unexplainable peace (knowing my path, my life, my salvation, my knowledge, my wisdom, my everything, is completely in God’s hands)! And God is mighty to line up life beautifully, and in miraculous ways that I know I could have never lined up in infinite lifetimes, myself! Take your freedom and never make a decision again by giving Him every decision and then following Him! He IS a GOOD Father! You can TRUST our Lord! Not to mention, giving God your path will allow Him to cleanse you of all your dead works and sin, as promised in the Bible! How much more can you be assured of your salvation and that you will hear your Lord proclaim to you, “Well done!” on the day of judgement than by living like this?! And what is better than that?! God’s plan for our lives is unspeakably awesome! Truly, so much of His glory is in the details! Give it all to Him! You will not regret it as He moves you from glory to glory as Paul discusses experiencing in 2 Corinthians 3:18 and I experience regularly myself!

Key 14) Keep a prayer list
Something on your mind while going about your day? Get it off your mind and onto a prayer list in your phone, notebook, or calendar! Take some time, as led by the Lord, to pray about the questions on the list and write down the responses from the Lord! If God does not answer, there is a reason, move on to the next question. I recommend doing this once you are more confident in hearing the Lord’s voice so you are also confident when He is not speaking so you do not spend time asking Him questions He may or may not answer.

Thank you for reading this script! Please feel free to share it or this video with those who it would benefit! Attached is a link to a PDF document of both the 14 keys as well as the entire script! I would recommend printing off one of both of these as a gentle reminder of the new habits you are trying to create! I personally have benefited greatly in my walk with Christ by placing both scriptures and reminders of things I am working on until it becomes habit in my life. We are creatures of habit, and this is the most effective way I’ve found to create new habits! I hope this script/video helps and inspires you to form a deeper relationship with our Lord and Savior! Jesus loves you all so much! He wants to guide you on everything, and I know from experience that He has a perfect moment by moment plan for all of us! I encourage you to seek it out! I’ve found no greater love, joy, peace (all of the Fruits of the Spirit), or fulfillment than in following His plan moment by moment as best as I can! I know you will find the same if you pursue Him with all your heart, mind, and soul, and give Him everything! Thank you for watching and may God bless you mightily, in Jesus’ mighty name!

PDFs:
http://www.whatdoyouendupwith.com/hearinggod

Edited by Daniel_Quartararo
typo

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  148

On 3/27/2017 at 1:21 PM, Danger Noodle said:

The bible tells us we should not tempt God. What is your motivation here? Your profile says you are an unbeliever. 

John 9:31  We know that God does not listen to sinners. He listens to the godly person who does his will.

God knows the sincere heart that seeks him. If you are sincere I would suggest you open your heart and ask God to show himself to you in his own time and his own way. Don't dictate to God being you haven't believed him to be there before. God knows you and always has. Just be open and I believe he will come to you when you are ready. 

Careful, the Bible also says that God talks to us even when we are not acknowledging or pursuing Him. He might not hear their petitions, but He surely will talk to them.

Hebrews 3:15: As has just been said: "Today, if you hear His voice, do not harden your hearts as you did in the days of rebellion."

May God bless you, richly, in Jesus' mighty name!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Daniel

I do agree,& in full context (John 9:31) we can see exactly why this is true

32 Since the world began was it not heard that any man opened the eyes of one that was born blind.

33 If this man were not of God, he could do nothing.

34 They answered and said unto him, Thou wast altogether born in sins, and dost thou teach us? And they cast him out.

35 Jesus heard that they had cast him out; and when he had found him, he said unto him, Dost thou believe on the Son of God?

36 He answered and said, Who is he, Lord, that I might believe on him?

37 And Jesus said unto him, Thou hast both seen him, and it is he that talketh with thee.

38 And he said, Lord, I believe. And he worshipped him.

39 And Jesus said, For judgment I am come into this world, that they which see not might see; and that they which see might be made blind.

40 And some of the Pharisees which were with him heard these words, and said unto him, Are we blind also?

41 Jesus said unto them, If ye were blind, ye should have no sin: but now ye say, We see; therefore your sin remaineth.

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.58
  • Days Won:  15

On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 2:19 AM, groundzero said:

I usually ask for the trifecta

1) Listen for God's Voice to Answer  

2) Ask for Scripture from the LORD

3) Ask for confirmation, that God sends someone to confirm what you've heard.

Sometimes I also ask for a dream or vision.