• Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  312
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/05/1998

Just now, worthy said:

This is true 

So can you answer me this

What are your motives for supporting homosexuality?

Good question. I grew up as a conservative Christian and didn't know anything about homosexuality apart from the few verses in the Bible that mention it. The first position I ever held that went against my upbringing was that the government shouldn't be involved in the definition of marriage in the first place, and thus any marriage between two consenting adults should not be illegal. I guess the fundamental reasoning is the United States is not a Christian theocracy, and people should have the same rights regardless of religion, race, sexual orientation, gender identity, ect. That's why I now support gay marriage, adoption, and anti-discrimination laws. 

Essentially, I support homosexuality like I support heterosexuality. People who are attracted to the same sex, opposite sex, both, or neither all deserve the same rights and basic respect. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7

32 minutes ago, ENOCH2010 said:

That would be a NO..........he can be one or the other, but not both.

Let's look at this more closely. Do you believe someone can be a Christian and be attracted to the same sex?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  53
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  4,064
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  8

12 minutes ago, Tea Ess said:

Good question. I grew up as a conservative Christian and didn't know anything about homosexuality apart from the few verses in the Bible that mention it. The first position I ever held that went against my upbringing was that the government shouldn't be involved in the definition of marriage in the first place, and thus any marriage between two consenting adults should not be illegal. I guess the fundamental reasoning is the United States is not a Christian theocracy, and people should have the same rights regardless of religion, race, sexual orientation, gender identity, ect. That's why I now support gay marriage, adoption, and anti-discrimination laws. 

Essentially, I support homosexuality like I support heterosexuality. People who are attracted to the same sex, opposite sex, both, or neither all deserve the same rights and basic respect. 

Well I'm going to go with the Bible here whatever the bible calls an abomination is an abomination to me. If you support homosexuality you are going against the very creation of God. If two men come together they cant have children If two women come together they can't have children.

11 minutes ago, Tea Ess said:

Let's look at this more closely. Do you believe someone can be a Christian and be attracted to the same sex?

No the devil is the one who puts such thoughts in their head. Most homosexuals have been sexualy abused as children. And most homosexuals are suicidal

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7

2 minutes ago, worthy said:

Well I'm going to go with the Bible here whatever the bible calls an abomination is an abomination to me. If you support homosexuality you are going against the very creation of God. If two men come together they cant have children If two women come together they can't have children.

No the devil is the one who puts such thoughts in their head. Most homosexuals have been sexualy abused as children. And most homosexuals are suicidal

So do you think that wearing clothing of mixed fabrics is also an abomination as the Old Testament says it is? Cotton-polyester clothing is very common today, but most Christians don't seem to have a problem with it. 

Satan putting thoughts into people's head is enough to make them not Christian? I guess we're all going to hell then. 

No, most gay people were not sexually abused as children. That's a myth. Most of them aren't suicidal either. If you're interested in helping the gay people who are suicidal, accepting them for who they are is the most effective way to do so. Other the other hand, gay 'conversion therapy' has lasting damage on its victims and has driven many people to suicide. That's why the founder of Exodus International apologized to everyone his organization had 'treated.'

• Followers:  53
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  4,064
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  8

On 2/18/2017 at 9:08 PM, Tea Ess said:

So do you think that wearing clothing of mixed fabrics is also an abomination as the Old Testament says it is? Cotton-polyester clothing is very common today, but most Christians don't seem to have a problem with it. 

Satan putting thoughts into people's head is enough to make them not Christian? I guess we're all going to hell then. 

No, most gay people were not sexually abused as children. That's a myth. Most of them aren't suicidal either. If you're interested in helping the gay people who are suicidal, accepting them for who they are is the most effective way to do so. Other the other hand, gay 'conversion therapy' has lasting damage on its victims and has driven many people to suicide. That's why the founder of Exodus International apologized to everyone his organization had 'treated.'

The reason that command was given is because it is proven that if you wear polyester which is recycled plastic bottles that it can cause your thoughts to not be so clear & bring down your energy. But when you wear cotton your able to think better & you have more energy. And I am not making this up.

That was not what I mean your twisting my words and making it into a bigger deal than it actually is

Yes it is true. I will absolutely not accept them for who they are, your suppose to hate the sin not accept it. The only reason you would want to help them is because you know the wrong. When Christ whipped the merchants out of the temple do you think he accepted them for who they were and do you think he told them nicely that they were profaning the temple? I think not. Do you think when God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah he just accepted who they were and just loved them for who they were? I think not

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,678
  • Content Per Day:  0.47

18 minutes ago, worthy said:

. If two men come together they cant have children If two women come together they can't have children.

Good stuff Worthy..Also i believe it is about the mystery surrounding Christ and the wedding feast..The analogy of one flesh, and man and woman etc etc..

God bless You

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Sin is sin, no matter what form it come is.  When we follow the desires of our flesh instead of Gods true word and direction, we will sin.  Some sins are more enjoyable to the flesh than others, and we find an addiction of some kind develop where the sinner tries to justify their sin by either ignoring parts of scripture, claiming it's not there, or twisting scripture to make scripture say what it does not.  Yet, the choice is always there for us to stop sinning.

As stated by others, homosexuality is just one of many fleshly pleasures some choose to continue in.  Drug addiction, alcoholism, lying, stealing are few examples of sins some people actually enjoy doing, by choice.  Yet, we can find in scripture how God sees them all as sin and is calling people out of them.  We choose to either continue living in them or seek His strength to turn from them.  There is not one sin that He can not deliver us from.  The questions really is, is the sinners heart more toward God or their flesh?  There is no gay christian as there is no lying christian, or murdering christian.  These statements are an oxymoron, nothing less.

The argument that one can be gay and a christian is a lie straight from hell.  If one was gay, and becomes a christian, they turn from their sins and are just a christian who used to participate in the sinful activities of the gay lifestyle.  I was a drug addict.  When I turned from my flesh and became a christian, I did not become a dug addict christian, but a child of God.  Ephesians 4:20-24 tells us just that.

But you have not so learned Christ, if indeed you have heard Him and have been taught by Him, as the truth is in Jesus: that you put off, concerning your former conduct, the old man which grows corrupt according to the deceitful lusts, and be renewed in the spirit of your mind, and that you put on the new man which was created according to God, in true righteousness and holiness.

This thread is important as the topic shows how the world is trying to tolerate every form of lifestyle man can think of, placing these choice lifestyles above the very Creator and His word to His creation.  Those who truly follow God have to realize that the world will become worse before Jesus returns, which can be found throughout scripture when reading about what is called the end time.  We, His body, cannot change what God has already put in place, spoken of in the prophecies, but we can pray, fast and be an example to the world, its light and salt. 

Despite all the evil the world desires to life up in its many movements to turn from God, trying to force ungodly lifestyles on those who do not desire to live them, God still lets the sun shine on them, the rain fall on them, and gives them breath to their bodies.  God still showers them with mercy, calling them back out of their lifestyles and to reconcile with Him through His Son Jesus.  We encourage the same.  Yet, the world now tries to create laws that wold override His commandments.  This we need to expose and stand against in spirit and word.  The UN has proven to be a catalyst for many ungodly activities, all in the name of civility.  Yet, they do not stop at just acceptance, they declare these activities have to override Gods commandment, the very commandments His children follow.  They demand tolerance, yet are intolerable to any opposition.  This proves they are hypocrites.  This can be said about many other organization then just the UN.

To me, if the courts allow gays to marry and have the same rights as conventional marriages, that is the courts decision.  This we have to accept, even if we do not agree with it.  Yet, to force teaching this lifestyle in the schools, removing the choice of one way of life by forcing the choice of a different way of life is just plain wrong.  The world is so in need of common sense that common sense should be listed on the endangered list.

As I get off my soapbox, I request that this topic/thread not turn back to opposing Gods word and His plan for us, His children.  Remember while discussing secular views, these views are not the measuring stick by which we measure our walk in Christ nor His words to us.  Use scripture and discuss the meaning of scripture.  Isn't that why we are all here in the first place, to encourage each other to remain in Christ, to educate others to the meaning of His words, to help others grow in Christ?

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

On 2/12/2017 at 10:02 AM, worthy said:

The United Nations envoy for gay rights has declared that when there is a clash between homosexual rights and religious liberty it must be recalled that “freedom of expression and religious freedom are not absolute rights and may be limited if necessary.”

http://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2017/02/06/un-gay-rights-envoy-religious-freedom-not-absolute-right/

:mgdetective:

Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done. They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; they have no understanding, no fidelity, no love, no mercy. Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them. Romans 1:28-32 (New International Version)

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  713
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

What's scary is that of late the UN acts as if it makes law in these type of declarations and for those countries to whom it addresses them.