IGNORED

Spirit filled church where

Heavenunlimited

15 hours ago, Heavenunlimited said:

How do you find a spirit filled church?  A church with healing and prayer services that know how important prayer is and not just one time each week kinda thing? That are comfortable with that some can be possessed and deliverance? Where the gifts are in action?  Guess Im looking for a first century biblical church..

You're about 20 centuries too late then.

In all seriousness though, there are many churches that take both prayer and healing very seriously, filled with members who pray throughout the week for healing in someone else's life or their own lives. I think where you're hung up is your looking for something very particular and you haven't quite found it. When that happens we miss out on what God might have in store for us right now.

It's kind of like the anecdote about the guy trying to escape a flood praying for deliverance. A boat comes to rescue him but he says "No, I'm praying for God to save me." Then because the water is getting to high he gets up on his roof. A helicopter flies over and drops him a line. "No, I'm praying for God to save me." When he passes away in the flood he asks God "Why didn't you save me?" God responds with "What do you mean? I sent you a boat and a helicopter, why didn't you get in them?" The point is, it's hard to be open to what God is doing when all you see or are expecting is one particular thing to happen. That's why many people didn't recognize Jesus as the Messiah. He didn't fit their view of what God was going to do.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1

Jesus said where there are two or more gathered in His name He is with them.

People that love the Lord, love the Word of the Lord.

Most of our Christian walk is waiting on God, ultimately.

Brothers and sisters that are humble before God have humility toward man and so on and so on. A Spirit filled church is one that are filled with people who love Jesus and strive to walk with him and in Him.

The Lord rains here and rains there as He wills.

Edited by Zemke

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

Based on past experiences, when you walk in a spirit filled church you can feel something. At least I could. It's not a big feeling, it's like a peacefulness or a warm feeling. I went to 1 church where I was told that after 3 weeks I had to sign a contract and they had a book keeper for tithes. I couldn't do that if I wanted to I'm broke. in 1991 I attended a church that I think was spirit filled but back then the problem was me. I was trying to have 1 foot in the world and the other on the path. It didn't work. I went to hear a semi famous preacher who was very spirit filled. One night he prayed for me individually. He used to say "I don't know what your need is I only know who God leads me to pray for". I was hoping for healing but that wasn't what happened. I became ultra aware that I couldn't be a man of God and have 1 foot in the world the way I was trying to do it. I thought I could because I was living with a woman who was also a believer. But God made me understand that I couldn't be with her, she could only be a friend. In fact I think God wants me to be her friend but that's all I'm allowed to do. But that was in 1991. Now I have transportation problems as well as walking problems. For me this web site is the closest thing to a church I have. I am grateful for it too.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  606
  • Days Won:  2

Thats a shame to hear so much suffering brother! Ill pray for you! If it was right, the church members of the church you wished to go should take you there and home. There should be a bus something or coordination making sure everyone got to church.  There might be online live services to attend? I hope you have that.  

Waw!! Im speechless!! Three weeks?!?! What in the world.. ! Did you leave that church after that? Did they not want you there when they got no money or signature? Thats gross!!! Thats not christian at all. I have no problem to give, but not under those conditions. Waw! 

I think there should be allowance for those that are poor or cant, hey even maybe those that have alot could stand in for them and there definitely should be a fellow savings for those lacking. 

When I was in the world I was led astray partly because of someone professing to be christian but had his foot in the world, using me and abusing me. Treating me like any other man in the world. I shouldve known better but I was in love and made myself believe he was a christian. He said he didnt 'feel that spark' and wanted to be friends, yet he couldnt leave me alone, giving me false hope, we fit so well together its a shame he wasnt serious about God. Christian family and it all, went to church sunday like nothings happened although he wanted me to drop all clothes. No, he didnt got it. But went way too far. Then, he had some worldly friends who bullied me saying I was fat. I was too ashamed and worrying to tell him.  Anyway.. 

Yes the only way to go is 200% for The Lord, thats what I want,bthats why Im so keen to find the right church this time, as the one I went in my home country was very cold towards me, not much spirit there, but stiffness and coldness, pretty much ignored.  I managed to find two friends in two churches. Says it all. So a spiritfilled church wont at least be a stumble block.  And also its the only way to go with The Lord. And to be used by God. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

6 minutes ago, Heavenunlimited said:

Thats a shame to hear so much suffering brother! Ill pray for you! If it was right, the church members of the church you wished to go should take you there and home. There should be a bus something or coordination making sure everyone got to church.  There might be online live services to attend? I hope you have that.  

Waw!! Im speechless!! Three weeks?!?! What in the world.. ! Did you leave that church after that? Did they not want you there when they got no money or signature? Thats gross!!! Thats not christian at all. I have no problem to give, but not under those conditions. Waw! 

I think there should be allowance for those that are poor or cant, hey even maybe those that have alot could stand in for them and there definitely should be a fellow savings for those lacking. 

When I was in the world I was led astray partly because of someone professing to be christian but had his foot in the world, using me and abusing me. Treating me like any other man in the world. I shouldve known better but I was in love and made myself believe he was a christian. He said he didnt 'feel that spark' and wanted to be friends, yet he couldnt leave me alone, giving me false hope, we fit so well together its a shame he wasnt serious about God. Christian family and it all, went to church sunday like nothings happened although he wanted me to drop all clothes. No, he didnt got it. But went way too far. Then, he had some worldly friends who bullied me saying I was fat. I was too ashamed and worrying to tell him.  Anyway.. 

Yes the only way to go is 200% for The Lord, thats what I want,bthats why Im so keen to find the right church this time, as the one I went in my home country was very cold towards me, not much spirit there, but stiffness and coldness, pretty much ignored.  I managed to find two friends in two churches. Says it all. So a spiritfilled church wont at least be a stumble block.  And also its the only way to go with The Lord. And to be used by God. 

I think it was 3 weeks. It may have been 3 months. I questioned them and the answer was once you decide to make this your church you have to sign on the dotted line and they prefer you tithe with a personal check. It's a very well known denomination which is why I won't say the name. Another time they had a guest speaker who was going to Africa. When they took the offering for him the pastor said, we're a very wealthy church so I expect us to be extra generous, or something like that. My name and wealthy don't even belong in the same sentence. I'm poor. At least I still owned a car back then so I never went back. I was disappointed because in 1982 that was a good congregation. But in 1982 they hadn't built the church they have now and they met in a VFW hall or something like that. Times change and people change too. Such is life.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

20 hours ago, Heavenunlimited said:

How do you find a spirit filled church?  A church with healing and prayer services that know how important prayer is and not just one time each week kinda thing? That are comfortable with that some can be possessed and deliverance? Where the gifts are in action?  Guess Im looking for a first century biblical church.. 

The church I visited they told me they USED to have healing services. Prayer? Oh, if need be..or sometime once a week..   What do you say about those responses.

They use to have healing services, and pray if need be?  I would keep looking.  Shake the dust off your feet and get into a church that knows they need prayer and knows that God is still a God who heals.  A church that preaches the Word of God and does not stray from it.  If you hear anything in a message that you cannot back up in scripture, then you need to keep looking.

When they ask you to "sign on the dotted line" then back up with a check tells me all I need to know.  Run don't walk away from such a place.  

Thats just gross! Absolutely gross..  Tithing os as I understand it, not a law, but more like something God is happy about, but that He doesnt ask us to give more than we are able to, as He loves a happy giver. That means, to give freely without force or coercion. Thats how I understand it. Not that 'you have to give 10% or else'.  How can that be a rule for those not even able to feed themselves?? I dont think thats how God means it.  But to give what one are able to. Right?

three weeks or three months thats too short to make up your mind about a church. Youve not seen the cracks yet if not already. There shouldnt be that kinda pressure thats wrong very unbiblical.  If a church do that to me I now ponder to be frank..

thats what I wouldve believed about mega churches with alot of money that they would be like that. Not all, but many, especially those on tv. Seems to me that when they get to money they cant control the flesh any longer! And evil creeps in if not before! Hard to say who comes first, evil or greed. Think the bible say somewhere that few are those that can control themselves when getting rich..  I think especially this time and age. 

Theres really nothing wrong with being poor, really. Its just you struggle, but otherwise..? No..  Might be wise never to blurt out about money especially to churches. Got no problem to give to the right church, for the right church would even do more than that. But, ..

thats such a shame that church went that way. Could it been infiltration? By evil ? 

Yeah...used to have healing services. .. I was like..almost swearing..  Like whoa!  Immediately thinking of split in the church. Dont know why but thats what I did. The man I asked didnt like my questions about it I could sense. And hadnt expected that from me. Little me lol I look very innocent like easy ha.. Well what did I hear.. A short speech.. That was barely half an hour.  Other than that music..songs.. And that was that. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,559
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

I think a spirit filled church are those filled with the Holy Spirit and so walk in the spirit. They produce fruit joy peace kindness goodness and walk in love increasingly.  It's not about miracles.

The miracles are just a by product. But if not there, what doesnt that say? Not that it should be like miracles all time but you know what I mean, a church that never practises.. 

In my days before i fell (Im back since not long) I experienced many healings and deliverances and word from God, all by myself, just me and God, the entire church I was in that was dead didnt. They even tried to make me not talk about it. I remember now I used to talk to the book store man and his wife that were former pentecostals. They knew what was happening and they were very happy and always wanted to hear more. But the pastor stood in the door behind and sent me looks. He had told me not to mention it.