• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  958
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,657
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

31 minutes ago, Willa said:

We have expository preaching through a book of the Bible.  Three sermons a week over three different books.  Sunday morning is teaching through Matthew again.  They keep me on the edge of my seat keeping notes and underlining scripture.   Mt. 8 17  He Himself took our infirmities and bore our sicknesses"  was where we stopped this Sunday.  Then we had prayer for the sick.  We will resume with verse 18 next Sunday.  That is why I miss church so much when unable to attend.  I also miss corporate praise and worship as long as the music doesn't drag.  I never knew many of the hymns were a joyful celebration due to the mournful way my grandma Willamina sang them.  But I love to praise God with others who worship Him in Spirit and in truth.  Crown Him with Many Crowns, the Lamb upon the throne!  Even when I can't sing my heart soars with them.  

Encouraging, thanks for sharing.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

I think like a person said its with the manner of presentation. If there is a rotation of speakers or presentation(discussions, videos etc), I find its easier to keep attention and engaged. A problem is however, that in some cases, the routine is king- ie Pastor preaches 99.9% of the time,  which leads to it getting too monotonous. To raise this point can also be taken offensively

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  508
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  03/09/1985

57 minutes ago, creativemechanic said:

I think like a person said its with the manner of presentation. If there is a rotation of speakers or presentation(discussions, videos etc), I find its easier to keep attention and engaged. A problem is however, that in some cases, the routine is king- ie Pastor preaches 99.9% of the time,  which leads to it getting too monotonous. To raise this point can also be taken offensively

We have a speaker rotation in our church, that presents its own problems. We had a guy go for an hour and a half about depression and another preach about the affair his wife had 10 years ago. Both were utter trainwrecks. That said there was some very good sermons too.

Guest BacKaran

I'd like to invite people to listen to Ryan Habbena on sermon audio. Com. For great expositoray preaching. Eight years and I've never been bored or felt tired, once I was sick and left early but unless I'm sick, I am sooooo there. We began Isaiah and we're up to chapter 62 now. We are in Revelation after finishing Matthew.

Oh if people only knew what they could hear if they left for an expositorally hermanuetics written and spoken sermons. Like someone mentioned it seems like five minutes and in reality it's been almost 1.5 hours of wonderful thought provoking deep thinking and learning from one sermon! I'd stay all day and listen to my pastor preach but he's human so I'm happy to have him on Sundays and during the week Bible study classes and Saturdays in the radio! I am very blessed to have lived the rocky road while God lead me to the narrow road!

I'm so beyond happy to be a child of God and know that I'm assured of heaven because of Jesus redemptive blood, I look forward to His return! Check out Conquering King fellowship, I'll do Bible studies with you too!

Edited by BacKaran

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  349
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,504
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

17 hours ago, missmuffet said:

That is good that you have found a sound Church where they preach from the Bible. Teach only the literal true word of God. They are far and few between these days. I do not want an Emergent Church and I do not want a Charismatic Church which are very popular now. I do not want any speaking or praying in tongues. I read that very few Pastors are preaching Bible prophecy from Revelation. Apparently they are afraid they will offend someone and I think that is ridiculous. You also do not hear many Pastors preaching on Hades or hell or the Lake of Fire. I do believe that we are in the end times now and Sermons on those topics are very important.

You may have your members who are pre trib or mid trib or post trib and if a Pastor starts Preaching a pre trib interpretation members are offended.

Unfortunately, you're absolutely right. If you look back only a few decades, you didn't see as much of the apostasy, charismatic, falling away and another Gospel that we are witnessing today. I too have become aware that many or most churches are not preaching prophecy, the tribulation, Hell fire and brimstone and the end-times. Like you said, one of the reasons is probably the pastor doesn't want to offend anyone, or another explanation I've heard is they're not well versed or learned on the subject? Some see this exclusion of end-time events as a disservice to their congregations. 

I have been attending this Baptist Church for about six months now and little if anything has been mentioned or taught. I considered approaching the Pastor to ask if we could study some prophecy sometime during our Wednesday Bible studies. I decided I best not, because I don't want to stir anything up or put him on the spot. I'm quite blessed and content hearing the unfiltered Gospel message, and I can study prophecy easily enough on my own with the innumerable resources available these days. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

Maybe that's what they were led to talk about but even so its just a matter  if  talking to the what is and is inappropriate . In my case it was almpst always a sermon by the same preacher  twice on sundays ,and on tuesdays in the pulpit.I had to make a habit to visit sister church  in Sunday nights because I was flat out sick and tired of the routine 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.78
  • Days Won:  226

3 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

Unfortunately, you're absolutely right. If you look back only a few decades, you didn't see as much of the apostasy, charismatic, falling away and another Gospel that we are witnessing today. I too have become aware that many or most churches are not preaching prophecy, the tribulation, Hell fire and brimstone and the end-times. Like you said, one of the reasons is probably the pastor doesn't want to offend anyone, or another explanation I've heard is they're not well versed or learned on the subject? Some see this exclusion of end-time events as a disservice to their congregations. 

I have been attending this Baptist Church for about six months now and little if anything has been mentioned or taught. I considered approaching the Pastor to ask if we could study some prophecy sometime during our Wednesday Bible studies. I decided I best not, because I don't want to stir anything up or put him on the spot. I'm quite blessed and content hearing the unfiltered Gospel message, and I can study prophecy easily enough on my own with the innumerable resources available these days. 

Churches were different years ago. The last Church I attended the Pastor said that he was pre tribulation but that there were people with different interpretations that attended so he did not want to put out only his belief. Maybe they are afraid of people getting mad and walking out the door. :noidea:

1 hour ago, Yowm said:

Not how Jesus would react...

John 6:66-67 KJV
[66] From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him. [67] Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away?

That is true. But look at the world we live in.

1 minute ago, Yowm said:

The pastors are to look to God and His Word, not which way the world winds are blowing.

That is what they are supposed to do and I am sure some do but not all.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  349
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,504
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

On 4/6/2017 at 10:12 PM, Yowm said:

The pastors are to look to God and His Word, not which way the world winds are blowing.

I see where you're coming from and I totally agree. With some afterthought on the subject... More church doors are closing at this point in history than ever before, from my observations. It takes attendance, tithes and offerings to pay the Pastor and keep the lights on. It appears to me, the mainstream protestant churches have fragmented and divided mainly over secondary non-Salvation issues such as; pre, mid, post trib., amillennial, premillennial, exegesis, etc. In these modern times, many mainstream churches have started preaching a "different Gospel", whereby sins and abominations clearly outlined and forbidden in the Bible, are adopted and practiced in the church. 

Based on the preponderance of the evidence in scripture and my hermeneutics and beliefs, I hold to the pretribulation premillennial viewpoint. As brothers and sisters in Christ, believing in the same soteriology that, there's only ONE way for the free gift of Salvation, through the acceptance and belief of Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior. That He was born of a virgin, was 100% man and 100% God, walked the earth in the flesh, lived a sinless life, bore the sins of the entire world on Himself in our place, died on the Roman cross, was resurrected by God the Father on the third day, then ascended to heaven and is at the right hand of God the Father.

Unless the denomination or church is teaching a different Gospel from the one in the Holy Bible, or a different way of man on how to become saved, we should be united in the body of Christ. We can all agree to disagree on the secondary issues, as we are all one in Christ and the same bride. I myself need to be more tolerant of other hermeneutics and not be so dogmatic in some of my views. When we hear that loud trumpet in the near future, or don't quite make it and are resurrected from the grave, we're going to have an eternity and God Himself to learn everything from Him personally.