IGNORED

Is Maryology Idolatry?

Spock

Guest Judas Machabeus
Just now, Spock said:

Nope, the Bible is.  Unfortunately for me, I can't 100% of the time say this so and so doctrine is 100% correct.  I wish I could, but I know better. Again Judas, the Bible is my authority- sola scripture!

But you are making statements about what certain verses mean. So how can you claim you are right and someone else is wrong when you can't be 100% positive that you are interpreting scripture correctly. 

As for sola scriptura, that's a man made tradition that goes against scripture. Paul teaches to hold to the traditions he taught written and ORAL. So your man made tradition actually contradicts scripture. 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

3 minutes ago, Judas Machabeus said:

But you are making statements about what certain verses mean. So how can you claim you are right and someone else is wrong when you can't be 100% positive that you are interpreting scripture correctly. 

As for sola scriptura, that's a man made tradition that goes against scripture. Paul teaches to hold to the traditions he taught written and ORAL. So your man made tradition actually contradicts scripture. 

Perhaps he is NOT interpreting SCRIPTURE,  as he is not supposed to.

Perhaps he is doing WHAT JESUS SAYS TO DO:

LEARN from the FATHER,  while reading SCRIPTURE:

the SAME AS ALL THE FAITHFUL disciples IN SCRIPTURE :

" Then opened HE their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,"

See> it is NOT dependent on man,  (ESPECIALLY NOT IDOLATORS among men, who oppose YHWH).

Besides, also,  Y'SHUA the MESSIAH said to LISTEN ,  and then to SPEAK,  what the FATHER SAYS TO SPEAK ---

NOT what men (ESPECIALLY NOT IDOLATORS)  say to speak, 

and when they contradict SCRIPTURE,  we know they are not men of GOD.

7 minutes ago, Judas Machabeus said:

But you are making statements about what certain verses mean.

PERFECT!  This is what ALL the Apostles, Men of GOD, disciples of JESUS,  DID and DO TODAY.

We can speak the TRUTH, because the HEAVENLY FATHER REVEALS THE TRUTH, and does not lie.

ALL in line and in harmony , completely, with HIS WORD.

(not like the doctrines of the rcc, nor the words of the leaders and teachers in the rcc --- those ones contradict JESUS every day)

TRUST -- it all is about TRUST --- TRUST YHWH CREATOR HELPER HEALER - and JESUS HIS SON -

or

trust abominable men/ flesh/ carnal disobedient ones.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Days Won:  6

17 minutes ago, Judas Machabeus said:

It's Interesting that you avoided my question I asked about the Popes declaration that anyone who doesn't believe Maryology is accursed. Are you one of these Cafeteria Catholics who hand picks what he wants to believe?  Do you believe I'm accursed, heading for Hell as Pius put it for not believing in his Mary?  Or is he one of those Popes you choose not to listen to?  But didn't that 1854 Bull get passed down? 

The source of what I believe is easy- sola scripture.  If you think I'm wrong in some spiritual thinking,  just show me through scripture.  It's not as easy being a Catholic.  I believe Catholics have to pull from three things- scripture, traditions, and Pope. 

Guest shiloh357
33 minutes ago, Judas Machabeus said:

There are passages of Scripture that none of us understand fully and never will in this life because God's wisdom is unfathomable.   God does not require us to have a 100% understanding of every verse in the Bible.  Nor are we required to be infallible in everything we believe.  

Having said that, Biblical truth is not cryptic, it is not unknowable and it is not hiding in a corner and evading our search.   Truth, by nature, is apparent, it is plain and can be comprehended.  There are things that are beyond human understanding in the Bible, and the entrance of light is more gradual as we learn and study and walk in those truths.

As for sola scriptura, that's a man made tradition that goes against scripture.

No, it doesn't go against Scripture.  Sola Scripture simply means that the Bible alone is the sole arbiter in all matters of Christian faith and practice.

Paul teaches to hold to the traditions he taught written and ORAL. So your man made tradition actually contradicts scripture. 

No, he does not, especially not the way the Roman cult tries to twist his words.  Anathema.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  54
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, Spock said:

By Gods authority: He appointed me to be his Ambassador of Reconciliation. 

Am I to just take your word for it?

2 Cor 5:20 He commands me to speak truth, share the gospel to the lost, and help the wayward see the error of their ways.

How do you know this?  

I am not infallible

So your interpretation of Scripture could be in error. Thanks for being honest

(only the Pope is, right?)

Do you know what infallibility means?

but I can guarantee you I am right when I say the Bible does not promote, advocate, or encourage prayer to anyone but God.

So now you are infallible? 

If some Protestants shunned you, there is scripture to support that. See 1 Corinthians 5:9-12. There paul tells believers to not associate with a so-called brother if he is sexually immoral, greedy, AN IDOLATER, a drunkard...... With such a man, don't even eat with."

I guess by your interpretation (fallible/infallible?) of this passage, even Jesus would be in violation of 1 Cor. 5:9-12. Remember "The Call of Levi?" Mark 2:13-17.

If you hold Mary up as high as your Catholic Catechism holds her up, you are an idolater according to scripture. Just being honest Fidel. You don't need a brother to flatter you anyhow.

I can appreciate your honesty Spock, even with it being in error. 

p.s. Once again, if I may.   Do you seek God?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  54
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, shiloh357 said:

No, it doesn't go against Scripture.  Sola Scripture simply means that the Bible alone is the sole arbiter in all matters of Christian faith and practice.

As a Protestant, I too was taught and believed this, but after many years of Scripture study during my conversion, I found that Sola Scriptura (bible alone) is unbiblical, and is nowhere to be found in Scripture. (i.e. as Judas mentioned, it is a man-made tradition.)

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

9 hours ago, Davida said:

Last Friday, I just attended a Catholic Funeral Mass for extended family member and the Priest did not mention salvation through Jesus Christ once.  He said it was this lady's hours given to the Catholic Woman's league,being a mother , giving herself & time to others , the faithful praying the rosary and going to Mass almost daily was ensuring her place in heaven.  It can't be clearer then that.  He even said , "oh GOD LOVES those who honor TRADITIONS."  I was alarmed and feeling hopeless for these people who were also told that MARY is in heaven right now praying for her and so lets join Mary now and the rest of the saints to pray that GOD lets her into heaven."   How can it be any clearer? 

Good grief!  All of that is just MESSED UP!  That's the only way I can describe what you posted.  It's so far off the true path that they might just as well not even go to church.  It's appalling that there are over a BILLION Catholics in this world.

Notice the world church calls the truth a lie,  and teaches others that,  and makes them 7 times worse than themselves,  just as JESUS says in the NT.

And the lie,  they call the truth.   

And as written in REVELATION;   "they refuse to repent of serving demons"  (the whole world, including religious people besides the remnant)

yes,  billions are said in SCRIPTURE to be irretrieveable , lost,  because they refuse to repent.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Days Won:  6

Fidel,

the call of Levi was before Levi was a believer.  Apples and oranges my friend. 

Do I seek God? If you mean, seeking to know his will and know him better, Not as much as I should, but definitely yes.