• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

On 5/6/2017 at 6:33 AM, creativemechanic said:

That picture is remniscent of something I actually saw. Young lady was a notoriously  immodest dresser even when  working in activities and was spoken to multiple  times about it,even guests to the church complained. She didn't head. When finally she was confronted by the pastor. She complained to her unsaved mother who saidsomething to the effect of him being a man shouldn't  have talked to you about. She continued to be defiant til she  eventually  left   and went out into the world

wolves in sheeps clothing

and

1 John 2:18-19

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

I recall hearing how some unsaved folks used to go to Church to try to find husbands or wives...

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,132
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

My wife is always right and I am always wrong........  just ask her.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  419
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, JohnD said:

I recall hearing how some unsaved folks used to go to Church to try to find husbands or wives...

Most still do. I get that the original ideology of that was with the hopes that they would find a saved Christian at church and therefore obtain a worthy spouse. 

However, the Devil frequents the church also, quite often, and not all attendees are truly saved.

I have witnessed this to a point where almost the entire church worries more on who is "dating " who more than God or Jesus at church. Can't try and let them see their flaws either, they just turn on you. No one likes to look at the truth in themselves.

Edited by notsolostsoul

On Saturday, May 06, 2017 at 7:33 AM, creativemechanic said:

That picture is remniscent of something I actually saw. Young lady was a notoriously  immodest dresser even when  working in activities and was spoken to multiple  times about it,even guests to the church complained. She didn't head. When finally she was confronted by the pastor. She complained to her unsaved mother who saidsomething to the effect of him being a man shouldn't  have talked to you about. She continued to be defiant til she  eventually  left   and went out into the world

Unfortunately most believe they can right a wrong by calling out someone else's wrong. 

I know of a similar situation in a church I visit from time to time. The mother and daughter will say "well if the men were saved they wouldn't look" or if the elder woman complained "oh they are just jealous of the fact that their husbands are looking, it's not our fault they can't control their husbands."

I'm like as a Christain, do you believe that church is an appropriate place to cause conflict? Does Jesus want you to help in the temptations of the Devil? Does he want you to be the cause of someone else's demise into sin? 

People really refuse to see their part in a situation.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.51

On 5/3/2017 at 5:16 PM, missmuffet said:

Is the man on the left a Pastor or a Deacon? I think at first he should be somewhat kind with his approach but if she continues to dress provocatively then a harsher approach may be necessary.

I vote for the scene on the left.

Me too

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.51

22 hours ago, notsolostsoul said:

I know of a similar situation in a church I visit from time to time. The mother and daughter will say "well if the men were saved they wouldn't look"

Of course men shuoldnt look regardless but girls shouldnt give guys an excuse to look.

• Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,428
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

Psalm 119   King James Version (KJV)

Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed thereto according to thy word.

33 Teach me, O Lord, the way of thy statutes; and I shall keep it unto the end.

34 Give me understanding, and I shall keep thy law; yea, I shall observe it with my whole heart.

35 Make me to go in the path of thy commandments; for therein do I delight.

36 Incline my heart unto thy testimonies, and not to covetousness.

37 Turn away mine eyes from beholding vanity; and quicken thou me in thy way.

38 Stablish thy word unto thy servant, who is devoted to thy fear.

39 Turn away my reproach which I fear: for thy judgments are good.

40 Behold, I have longed after thy precepts: quicken me in thy righteousness.

41 Let thy mercies come also unto me, O Lord, even thy salvation, according to thy word.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.56
  • Days Won:  15

8 minutes ago, Yowm said:

The Church I went 'forward in' as a babe in the Lord was into the Shepherding movement (Wenatchee, Wa.) and being totally new to the faith I had no inkling as to what it was. The day after 'going forward' I had to appear in court for a previous drug charge and was sentenced thirty days. None of them came to visit. When I got out I came down to LA to visit my parents and got involved in a Christian ministry home.

After about 5 months, I hitch hiked back up to Wenatchee, went to the same Church, stood up in the morning service and gave a brief account of my testimony. The pastor confronted me out in the narthex (oops: foyer) and the only thing he asked was 'if I was going to submit.?'

Later, yes, I found out most of them were running around with Mumford, Basham and Derek Prince cassettes. It just didn't sit right with me.

Sadly, the cult of Shepherding Movement survives in a hybrid of Eastern Orthodoxy and Evangelicalism called Evangelical Orthodox. One of lower leaders from Shepherding Movement founded it. The leaders were indeed Derek Prince, Paul Petrie, Bob Mumford, and Peter Done. Many of them repented, but only Bob Mumpherd reimbursed people who had moved from their homes to start churches. He went beyond just a public apology, and tried to heal the financial wounds at least. Derek Prince and Bob Mumford were first to admit it was a wrong movement, and they said, "we got so close to the truth, discipleship, that the devil derailed it."

13 hours ago, TheMatrixHasU71 said:

Of course men shuoldnt look regardless but girls shouldnt give guys an excuse to look.

Exactly my point. We are suppose to help each other in righteousness not tempt each other in sinfulness.

In this case neither is right. My opinion.

Edited by notsolostsoul