• Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,000
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/08/1950

Hi all

I agree with No124get1952.

As an older woman in my church I would talk to the leadership about approaching Judy within the first year, just to make sure we were all on the same page about myself or another older woman approaching her.  It certainly should not be done by a man.  Then, in love, explaining to her gently that she may be causing men in general to be tempted by her dress code.  I always think, "what would I wear if I was to meet the Queen?".  If I would dress up for the Queen, then think how much more would I want to honour our Lord?  I may be old fashioned, but I believe women should be dressed in a manner that honours our Lord - covered neck to knee and not in a provocative way.  I have been to some churches where people look like they are going to the beach or a bbq or something, in cut-off jeans, shorts or the like, and it amazes me that some people dont't want to dress up and look nice anymore.  I want to honour our Lord and be chaste, but this doesn't mean we have to be in a suit or anything - smart casual is fine.  It's our attitude responding to Who He Is.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,132
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

2 hours ago, SisterActs2 said:

Hi all

As an older woman in my church I would talk to the leadership about approaching Judy within the first year, just to make sure we were all on the same page about myself or another older woman approaching her.  It certainly should not be done by a man.  Then, in love, explaining to her gently that she may be causing men in general to be tempted by her dress code.  I always think, "what would I wear if I was to meet the Queen?".  If I would dress up for the Queen, then think how much more would I want to honour our Lord?  I may be old fashioned, but I believe women should be dressed in a manner that honours our Lord - covered neck to knee and not in a provocative way.  I have been to some churches where people look like they are going to the beach or a bbq or something, in cut-off jeans, shorts or the like, and it amazes me that some people dont't want to dress up and look nice anymore.  I want to honour our Lord and be chaste, but this doesn't mean we have to be in a suit or anything - smart casual is fine.  It's our attitude responding to Who He Is.

Just don't blame her for the lack of control of those men.  Putting her on a guilt trip over men's lack of control is just plain wrong .

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,194
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

2 hours ago, SisterActs2 said:

Hi all

The Bible clearly teaches God does not look on the outward part... so if God 'In His Word' doesn't exercise His evaluations there why should we give that any heed :noidea: However uncovering one's self is solely for the purpose of gaining the opposite sex attention...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  419
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

This situation has many factors that need to be addressed. Many are focusing on the point of an elder male addressing a girl about her way of dress. 

Yes this one issue and dependent upon his status in the church, that can also be an issue.

However there could be many variables within this illustration. Beside the debate of the gentleman speaking on it we have a mother who is upset, but did she address the issue of her child's manner of dress?

Fives years is a very long time to be patient in telling someone of a violation if there is a dress code. It is also a long time where the parent has not addressed it with the child. 

Then again it could be the parent is struggling with the child themselves and is happy to get the child to church for help.

Makes no sense to get upset though, When the church tries, but then again we still do not know the position of the gentleman. 

Also a church should not turn away anyone who seeks Christ, so this is another factor that may play a part in this situation as to why the violation has gone on for five years.

I think the biggest issue here is where exactly is the failure in holding up to the teachings of Christ. 

This is where the original question of this post comes into play. It also weirdly answers itself.

We can be right, we can be wrong. Only thing that is right are the teachings and goals of Christ, in Christ.

Edited by notsolostsoul

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,000
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/08/1950

Hi Enoob and Other One

Thanks for your input, and, with the greatest of respect, I quote:

1Tim 2:9 -"In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefastness {or modesty of character} and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array; 10 But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works," KJV.  Paul is talking about the whole person here, I believe.

Sure, the men have to be responsible for their own thoughts and in control of their own eyes etc.  However, I think Paul also said (I am away from home and do not have all my Bibles etc. with me to find the correct reference) that if eating something offended anyone, he would not do it so as not to cause them to fall.  Why help Satan tempt people?

We are Christians and, as such, subject ourselves to the teaching of the Holy Spirit through our leaders as long as it lines up with the Word.

Why should we not, rather, desire to protect our men at least while in church?  There are enough things to distract us outside of church.  Let us be holy, even as He is holy.

King of kings and Lord of Lords!  Glory, hallelujah!

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

1 hour ago, SisterActs2 said:

Hi Enoob and Other One

Thanks for your input, and, with the greatest of respect, I quote:

1Tim 2:9 -"In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefastness {or modesty of character} and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array; 10 But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works," KJV.  Paul is talking about the whole person here, I believe.

Sure, the men have to be responsible for their own thoughts and in control of their own eyes etc.  However, I think Paul also said (I am away from home and do not have all my Bibles etc. with me to find the correct reference) that if eating something offended anyone, he would not do it so as not to cause them to fall.  Why help Satan tempt people?

We are Christians and, as such, subject ourselves to the teaching of the Holy Spirit through our leaders as long as it lines up with the Word.

Why should we not, rather, desire to protect our men at least while in church?  There are enough things to distract us outside of church.  Let us be holy, even as He is holy.

King of kings and Lord of Lords!  Glory, hallelujah!

:)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  53
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  4,064
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  8

12 minutes ago, Yowm said:

1. Who's right? -me

2. who's wrong? -you

3. Is anyone right? -see #1

(LOL, I couldn't resist)

LOL

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

And honestly. That'show we think sometimes 

7 hours ago, Yowm said:

1. Who's right? -me

2. who's wrong? -you

3. Is anyone right? -see #1

(LOL, I couldn't resist)

This is how we think sometimes

On 03/05/2017 at 5:44 PM, Yowm said:

It's definitely a conspiracy against the elder. lol

That picture is remniscent of something I actually saw. Young lady was a notoriously  immodest dresser even when  working in activities and was spoken to multiple  times about it,even guests to the church complained. She didn't head. When finally she was confronted by the pastor. She complained to her unsaved mother who saidsomething to the effect of him being a man shouldn't  have talked to you about. She continued to be defiant til she  eventually  left   and went out into the world

2 hours ago, eileenhat said:

Re: Dress Standards for christian children (mainly seems to be a girl identity issue)

From just a general look at this topic of dress I recall one time visiting the local high school and noting the way the girls were dressed (ie. fashionable and short skirts, with more cleavage showing than necessary, ie. push up bras/low cut top lines....plus tight fitting to show off hips etc.).

It is a sign of the times for underage girls to dress to draw attention to their sexual identity.

A more pagan way of dressing (ie. where dress becomes an avenue to 'heat the blood', and are for more fleshly pursuits, and also young (nubile) virgins are used to increase demonic activity in some pagan cultures).

So I see dress as a reflection of someone's inner state and for these children's parents, a very lengthy discussion as to what kind of image, they are putting out to others, by what they wear in public.

Either children are shown the way, or they reduce themselves to whatever pagan styles are around.

Once they are 18 I do not care (as their souls are now their responsibility.

I teach at our church's dvbs for many years. Bascally the vast majority of the kids are from our district and do not come to our church. It shocks me how parents send their kids and i mean the 6 + year olds. Remember when little girls dressed like LITTLE GIRLS, now is as if the mothers buy a miniature version of the clothes they wear and give their daughters.