• Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

:)

There Is Hope

"You can enter God's Kingdom only through the narrow gate. The highway to hell is broad, and its gate is wide for the many who choose that way. Matthew 7:13 (New Living Translation)

For ALL Who Trust

"Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life. John 5:24 (New International Version)

And Who Walk As Jesus Walked

Then Jesus told his disciples, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. Matthew 16:24 (English Standard Version)

And So, I Believe

For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that everyone who believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16 (Berean Study Bible)

You See

Do not be mismatched with unbelievers. For what partnership is there between righteousness and lawlessness? Or what fellowship does light have with darkness? 2 Corinthians 6:14 (Holman Christian Standard Bible)

(?)

:emot-heartbeat:

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27 (King James Bible)

Love, Your Brother Joe

~

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:160 (King James Bible)

The Bible contains the mind of God, the state of man, the way of salvation, the doom of sinners, and the happiness of believers. Its doctrines are holy, its precepts are binding, its histories are true, and its decisions are immutable.

Read it to be wise, believe it to be safe, and practice it to be holy. It contains light to direct you, food to support you, and comfort to cheer you.

It is the traveler’s map, the pilgrim’s staff, the pilot’s compass, the soldier’s sword and the Christian’s charter. Here too, Heaven is opened and the gates of Hell disclosed.

Christ is its grand subject, our good its design, and the glory of God its end. It should fill the memory, rule the heart and guide the feet. Read it slowly, frequently and prayerfully.  It is a mine of wealth, a paradise of glory, and a river of pleasure.

It is given you in life, will be opened at the judgment, and be remembered forever. It involves the highest responsibility, rewards the greatest labor, and will condemn all who trifle with its sacred contents.

From The Inside Of My Gideon New Testament

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.56
  • Days Won:  15

1 minute ago, Churchmouse said:

This does not address what I asked. Look, you want to slide in the words of something other than that which was influenced by God and what was granted absolute existence by God throughout the whole of the world, from the time of existence down to today, then you go for it, but you have him to confront when you exit this world. I stand on what I stand and will acept what I get from he who made me. My conscience is clear as to what I believe and who I welcome into association with. You have a nice day and I will pray for all of us.

"Why can't we be friends? Why can't we be friends? Why can't we be friends? Why can't we be friends?"

I didn't slide anything, I merely was sharing that the Creeds were based on the Scriptures.

to Fresno Joe: Preaching to the converted, I believe Solae Scriptura, wait that's Latin, we still use Latin as Protestants?!

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207

19 minutes ago, Fidei Defensor said:

The Councils are based on Solae Scriptura. Meaning the Bishops based the entire creeds that Catholics,  and other denominations believe:

1d2b8ab2295f44d9f78395900e8e391e.jpg

46a2db81b73172838236a5343fa02e5d.jpg

5 minutes ago, Churchmouse said:

This does not address what I asked. Look, you want to slide in the words of something other than that which was influenced by God and what was granted absolute existence by God throughout the whole of the world, from the time of existence down to today, then you go for it, but you have him to confront when you exit this world. I stand on what I stand and will acept what I get from he who made me. My conscience is clear as to what I believe and who I welcome into association with. You have a nice day and I will pray for all of us.

:emot-heartbeat:

Before The Printing Press
The Bible Was Expressed In The Creeds
And In The Words Of Holy Men Of God As They Read

How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher? Romans 10:14

IMO

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207

12 minutes ago, Fidei Defensor said:

to Fresno Joe: Preaching to the converted, I believe Solae Scriptura, wait that's Latin, we still use Latin as Protestants?!

:24:

At Any Given Time, 200 Or More Per Hour
Come From All Over The Whole World
To Cruse Worthy Every Day
Looking For Truth
And Hope

So, Anything Posted
Could Point Folk To Jesus
And To His Holy Holy Bible, IMO

~

PS: Worthy Is First
And Formost A 354 Day Per Year Mission Field
So, It Would Behoove Believers To Post With Grace And Love

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

11 hours ago, Fidei Defensor said:

The debates are fierce between denominatuons. We each have our unique views, but Jesus wanted us to be One (John 17:20-28). Christ's prayer was not for Apostles alone, but all who believe in their message (John 17:19-21). I have started this thread for commonality, unity, and to delight in our differences, to share them without fear of malice, judgement, and severity.

This is a safe space for all Trinitarian denominations. If you are non-Trinitarian you may share, but please lets not turn this thread into a debate center, instead here we practice civility, examples of eticate "Interesting perpective, I respectfully hold to a different view," or "Since you have shared that view, I have this question about that doctrine," instead of "your wrong! See the light." 

Here the goal is to be loving and share views without the heated rhetoric of debate threads (if you want robust and loud debate go elsewhere please).

Here we celebrate our simarities and show respect for differences and even desire to inderstand them and celebrate them, rather than fight over Eucharist views, we share them without judgement and enjoy the conversation over the different views.   

paid-in-full_4540_1280x8002.jpg

Isn't this what it is all about?

Galations 3 :28

There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

Real Christians enjoy great privileges under the gospel; and are no longer accounted servants, but sons; not now kept at such a distance, and under such restraints as the Jews were. Having accepted Christ Jesus as their Lord and Saviour, and relying on Him alone for justification and salvation, they become the sons of God. But no outward forms or profession can secure these blessings; for if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, He is none of his. In baptism we put on Christ; therein we profess to be His disciples. Being baptized into Christ, we are baptized into His death, that as He died and rose again, so we should die unto sin, and walk in newness and holiness of life. The putting on of Christ according to the gospel, consists not in outward imitation, but in a new birth, an entire change. He who makes believers to be heirs, will provide for them. Therefore our care must be to do the duties that belong to us, and all other cares we must cast upon God. And our special care must be for heaven; the things of this life are but trifles. The city of God in heaven, is the portion or child's part. Seek to be sure of that above all things.

Galatians 3:28 Commentaries

Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called when you made your good confession in the presence of many witnesses 1 Tim.6:12

Hallelujah,what a  Savior we serve,our Father is the King,Praise His Holy name ! :emot-heartbeat:

Some history on word Ecumensim, it was every council the Church has had:

"Historically, the word was originally used in the context of large ecumenical councilsthat were organized under the auspices of Roman Emperorsto clarify matters of Christian theology and doctrine. These "Ecumenical Councils" brought together bishops from around the inhabited world (such as, οἰκουμένη) as they knew it at the time. There were a total of seven ecumenical councils accepted by both Eastern Orthodoxy and Roman Catholicism held before the Great Schism. Thus, the modern meaning of the world ecumenical and ecumenismderives from this pre-modern sense of Christian unity, and the impulse to recreate this unity again.

There are a variety of different expectations of what that Christian unitylooks like, how it is brought about, what ecumenical methods ought to be engaged, and what both short- and long-term objectives of the ecumenical movement should be. Ecumenism and nondenominational or pos tdenominational movements are not necessarily the same thing. While some of these can be ecumenical in intent, normally nondenominationalism seeks no common organizing principle nor works toward the unity of Christians." (Ecumenism, Wikipedia).

14 minutes ago, FresnoJoe said:

:24:

At Any Given Time, 200 Or More Per Hour
Come From All Over The Whole World
To Cruse Worthy Every Day
Looking For Truth
And Hope

So, Anything Posted
Could Point Folk To Jesus
And To His Holy Holy Bible, IMO

~

PS: Worthy Is First
And Formost A 354 Day Per Year Mission Field
So, It Would Behoove Believers To Post With Grace And Love

Love, Your Brother Joe

A mission field? At this point more people are bound to become Catholic watching Judas and others who speak with grace and dignity, instead of joining Protestants to protest every precieved error in every sentence. 

Love? How has the plethora of antagonistic posts towards unity in Christ be love? There hasn't been one response to my clarifcations on what kinda of ecuemism I was presenting, just assumptions. 

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

mirror_capgras.jpg

Guest Teditis

I think this thread is a good one, with a good purpose.

That the Gospel is preached by those denominations represented in the OP is a great start

to ecumenism... or as you say, unity among the brethren.

That some disagree with that basic premise wouldn't surprise me because I'm familiar with

their regular postings to the contrary. They want everyone in the Body of Christ to be in

lock-step with themselves or be excommunicated from God's Holy grafting in.

But if we could just get more to see that those who proclaim Jesus as their personal Lord and

Savior are indeed one with God and His Word, there would be far less bickering in these forums.

That all that's needed to be recognized as a "Believer" is belief in the basics found in the creeds

like the Nicene and Apostle's Creeds. That is the "True" Gospel for all people to come unto Christ.

That other things are added to someone's personal walk through Sanctification is of little importance.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

7 minutes ago, Teditis said:

I think this thread is a good one, with a good purpose.

That the Gospel is preached by those denominations represented in the OP is a great start

to ecumenism... or as you say, unity among the brethren.

That some disagree with that basic premise wouldn't surprise me because I'm familiar with

their regular postings to the contrary. They want everyone in the Body of Christ to be in

lock-step with themselves or be excommunicated from God's Holy grafting in.

But if we could just get more to see that those who proclaim Jesus as their personal Lord and

Savior are indeed one with God and His Word, there would be far less bickering in these forums.

That all that's needed to be recognized as a "Believer" is belief in the basics found in the creeds

like the Nicene and Apostle's Creeds. That is the "True" Gospel for all people to come unto Christ.

That other things are added to someone's personal walk through Sanctification is of little importance.

I want to be lockstep with the Lord. Period.