• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

1 minute ago, Judas Machabeus said:

Personally I think we should leave it to the Holy Spirit to determine canon. 

Are you not guilty of the same thing as the Fathers.

Potentially good point,   for if the religious leaders in the 3rd and 4th and 5th centuries, et al, 

had left everything up to the Breath of YHWH (God's Holy Spirit), 

they never would have joined with Constantine to try to make a state ruled religion,

and later would not ever have instituted all the pagan doctrines and practices (so-called 'traditions' today) 

from heathen outsiders to gain their membership and to have power over them (as if),

towards a one world religion without YHWH in it at all.

Guest Judas Machabeus
4 minutes ago, Allroses48 said:

I don't believe the cannon is closed necessarily. I think the early church fathers said that. I believe it should remain opened because the biblical authors mention multiple books inside their own scriptures. Too my knowledge there's 93 books in the entire Bible that is considered divinely inspired. Could there be more? I don't know, it's quite possible. I'm only basing my opinion on what the biblical authors mentioned in the Bible. There's a possibility as we are uncovering archeological evidence of ancient times every day.

Okay gotcha. 

You know what I mis-read your post sorry. You did say that if they were mentioned they should be considered. Sorry my bad. 

Edited by Judas Machabeus

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  349
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  2

3 hours ago, PlanetChee said:

Other books in other Bibles would not make for the true Orthodox  T’ewehādo Biblical Canon. The Ethiopian Bible.

That is true. LINK>http://www.euclid.int/papers/anke wanger - canon in the eotc.pdf

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  349
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  2

I thought this was against the TOS? 

On 5/19/2017 at 2:31 PM, Running Gator said:

There is nothing in scripture one can point to as proof the cannon is accurate. 

1 hour ago, Judas Machabeus said:

Okay gotcha. 

You know what I mis-read your post sorry. You did say that if they were mentioned they should be considered. Sorry my bad. 

It's cool, no worries.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  419
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, simplejeff said:

Potentially good point,   for if the religious leaders in the 3rd and 4th and 5th centuries, et al, 

had left everything up to the Breath of YHWH (God's Holy Spirit), 

they never would have joined with Constantine to try to make a state ruled religion,

and later would not ever have instituted all the pagan doctrines and practices (so-called 'traditions' today) 

from heathen outsiders to gain their membership and to have power over them (as if),

towards a one world religion without YHWH in it at all.

This why I go God 1st, scripture after.

If he directs us to other scripture which he deems inspired by him he will send us seeking.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

41 minutes ago, notsolostsoul said:

This why I go God 1st, scripture after.

If he directs us to other scripture which he deems inspired by him he will send us seeking.

Whether you go to God 1st or Scripture 1st you'll find they are in perfect agreement,  no dis-harmony, no  contradicition....

and likewise every so-called message or messenger, even "an apostle" or "an angel of light" (as if) must be check to Scripture before accepting.    i.e. always prove and verify in harmony with God's Plan in and by Scripture. Test all the 'spirits' as God says to.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  711
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0

7 hours ago, Judas Machabeus said:

Okay, I understand now how we're not lining up. I don't want to get into a apocrypha debate. There's no indication that the Jews that used the septuigent did not consider those books inspired. I know some Jews that rejected it (the septuigent) because they some books were written Greek and not originally written in Hebrew (the deuterolcanonical) and written after 450 BC therefore did not consider them inspired. But You say no Jews considered them inspired.1.

1. No Jews were waiting for over 400 years  A.D. for some Christians to tell them what is in the OT. We probably all agree on that point.

2. No Jews disputed Josephus' statement about what is actually in the Temple in terms of the Hebrew Bible - not changing for 400 years before Christ.

3. There is no Jewish Bible (i.e. the Tanakh) with the Apocrypha in it -- It does not have the Apocrypha and never had it ...

4. Josephus insists that the Jews had only one Canon -- and it was closed over 400 years before Christ. Christians coming along centuries later to dispute that first-century Jewish historian - are exercising a lot of presumptive authority over the Jewish authorities, when it comes to defining what books are in the Jewish Bible.

5. We have not a ghost of a chance of getting the Jews to insert the Apocrypha into their Tanakh

Edited by BobRyan

Guest Judas Machabeus
26 minutes ago, BobRyan said:

1. No Jews were waiting for over 400 years  A.D. for some Christians to tell them what is in the OT. We probably all agree on that point.

2. No Jews disputed Josephus' statement about what is actually in the Temple in terms of the Hebrew Bible - not changing for 400 years before Christ.

3. There is no Jewish Bible (i.e. the Tanakh) with the Apocrypha in it -- It does not have the Apocrypha and never had it ...

4. Josephus insists that the Jews had only one Canon -- and it was closed over 400 years before Christ. Christians coming along centuries later to dispute that first-century Jewish historian - are exercising a lot of presumptive authority over the Jewish authorities, when it comes to defining what books are in the Jewish Bible.

5. We have not a ghost of a chance of getting the Jews to insert the Apocrypha into their Tanakh

Okay

Guest Judas Machabeus
2 hours ago, Wolf Bridges said:

I thought this was against the TOS? 

How is this against TOS????

2 hours ago, Wolf Bridges said:

There is nothing in scripture one can point to as proof the cannon is accurate