• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  65
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,568
  • Content Per Day:  1.39
  • Days Won:  7

Just now, Yowm said:

Naturally, here Jesus is also revealing the importance of having a clean heart and not be all outward show. Only the Blood of Jesus can purify a confessing heart.

It is amazing how the topic of the heart keeps coming up... it must be important.:crosseyed:

3 minutes ago, Yowm said:

I like that emoji. LOL

Me too...  Thanks

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,172
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

3 hours ago, Annette said:

It is amazing how the topic of the heart keeps coming up... it must be important.:crosseyed:

Hi Annette,

Yes this topic is so important to the Lord that when He was on earth He zeroed in on it. When He was telling the people of Israel concerning the Law, He knew that many did it from an outward show, thus He explains God`s heart to them.

`You have heard ..."You shall not...`  but I say to you.......(heart focus)` (Matt. 5)

In that chapter the Lord says `but I say to you,` or `For I say,` etc 8 times. So I believe the Lord is telling Israel that God did not just want the law performed outwardly but from the heart. It is always easier to `do` an outward thing than to `humble` the heart and really mean it.

• Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, Yowm said:

The usual process of having our hearts humbled.

1. We come under conviction that our hearts need humbling.

2. After several attempts at humbling ourselves we come under conviction that we can't and so He must.

3. We cry unto the Lord to humble us.

4. He sends trials that we may be humbled

5. We say, "what are you doing to me Lord?" ...and the process starts all over again lol

:thumbs_up:

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  30

Eze 36:26 “I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; I will take the heart of stone out of your flesh and give you a heart of flesh.

Eze 36:27 “I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will keep My judgments and do them.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/19/2017 at 6:20 AM, Neighbor said:

The introductory paragraph from a fine application filled sermon on the heart and on  prayer:

Here is an excerpt. May the fuller text be beneficial to the reader. May  it be received as beneficial to the heart. 

http://www.biblebb.com/files/spurgeon/2869.htm

Prayer Found in the Heart

January 16th, 1876
by
C. H. SPURGEON
(1834-1892)

"Therefore hath thy servant found in his heart to pray this prayer unto thee."—2 Samuel 7:27.

It is a very blessed thing for a child of God to be anxious to glorify his Heavenly Father, whether his wish is realized or not. The strong desire to magnify God is acceptable to him, and is an indication of spiritual health. It is certain, in the long run, to bring blessing to our own souls; and I have frequently noticed that, when we earnestly desire to do something special for the Lord, he generally does something for us very much of the same kind. David wished to build a house for God. "No," says Jehovah, "thou hast been a man of war, and I will not employ a warrior in spiritual business; but I will build thee a house." So, although David may not build a house for God, it is well that the plan of it is in his heart; and God, in return, builds up his house, and sets his son, and his son's son, upon the throne after him. But, my dear friend, if thou shouldst not find an opportunity to do all that is in thine heart, yet, nevertheless, it is well that it is there. Carry out the project if thou canst; but if thou canst not, it may be that, as thou hast desired to deal with the Lord, so will he really deal with thee. If you have sown sparingly, you shall reap sparingly. If you have sown liberally, you shall reap largely; for, often and often, the Lord's dealings with his own people are a sort of echo to their hearts of their dealings with him.

Again the full text is at 

http://www.biblebb.com/files/spurgeon/2869.htm

A little more from that sermon, the introductory outline  - the three points to be presented:

" I am going to speak upon that subject in this way. First, concerning David's prayer, how did he come by it?Secondly, how came this prayer to be in his heart? And, thirdly how may we get into such a condition that we shall find prayers in our hearts?

Thank you Neighbor for your response and the prayer. I am replying quickly now, but want to. One be back and read it later.

On 5/19/2017 at 1:40 PM, Yowm said:

Naturally, here Jesus is also revealing the importance of having a clean heart and not be all outward show. Only the Blood of Jesus can purify a confessing heart.

I like what you say here about having a clean heart and not it being an outward show. ^_^ Blessings

On 5/19/2017 at 5:36 PM, Marilyn C said:

Hi Annette,

Yes this topic is so important to the Lord that when He was on earth He zeroed in on it. When He was telling the people of Israel concerning the Law, He knew that many did it from an outward show, thus He explains God`s heart to them.

`You have heard ..."You shall not...`  but I say to you.......(heart focus)` (Matt. 5)

In that chapter the Lord says `but I say to you,` or `For I say,` etc 8 times. So I believe the Lord is telling Israel that God did not just want the law performed outwardly but from the heart. It is always easier to `do` an outward thing than to `humble` the heart and really mean it.

Hi Marilyn,

For a while now the idea of the heart is something that I keep coming back to. I read the story of Cain and Able and how God accepted Able's gift, but not Cain's, it makes me wonder if it was more than just the gift that God didn't accept, but what was in Cain's heart. This just being one of many examples that stand out to me as I have been reading. :read:

Blessings

On 5/19/2017 at 6:24 PM, Yowm said:

The usual process of having our hearts humbled.

1. We come under conviction that our hearts need humbling.

2. After several attempts at humbling ourselves we come under conviction that we can't and so He must.

3. We cry unto the Lord to humble us.

4. He sends trials that we may be humbled

5. We say, "what are you doing to me Lord?" ...and the process starts all over again lol

Thanks, Yowm, thank you so much for sharing this. I read it the other day and knew that I needed to come back and read it again. It is easy when we read this, say for example, when reading about the Israelites. It's another thing when we apply it to our own lives. :) Blessings.

2 hours ago, Annette said:

Hi Marilyn,

For a while now the idea of the heart is something that I keep coming back to. I read the story of Cain and Able and how God accepted Able's gift, but not Cain's, it makes me wonder if it was more than just the gift that God didn't accept, but what was in Cain's heart. This just being one of many examples that stand out to me as I have been reading. :read:

Blessings

Hi Annette,

Yes I certainly agree that what Cain did, revealed his heart - proud. Then we read how the Lord asked him questions to help him see his wrong thoughts, and then warned him concerning `sin lies at your door. And its desire is for you, but you should rule over it.`  (Gen. 4: 7) God`s heart was to reveal, warn and forgive when repentance comes. And we all know how strong our self-will is. I thought Gary Lee said it so well.

Marilyn.