• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  908
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,653
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

29 minutes ago, da_man1974 said:

Yea.  I have read about the presuppositional viewpoint.  I really don't know either way. But I tend to lead more towards old earth.  

I would ask do you mean old earth or fully functioning earth?

For humans to exist, when you think about it, our progenitors could not have been infants (of any evolved kind ← just granting this premise for the sake of argument as I oppose macro-evolution). Or the intricate complexities of the eye, which could not have evolved over any amount of time. These things suggest if not prove the need for fully functioning prototypes.

And only an intelligent Designer/ Creator would know to do this.

So, could it be possible that what you perceive as old (earth) is rather fully functioning (earth)?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  726
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/30/1974

1 minute ago, JohnD said:

I would ask do you mean old earth or fully functioning earth?

For humans to exist, when you think about it, our progenitors could not have been infants (of any evolved kind ← just granting this premise for the sake of argument as I oppose macro-evolution). Or the intricate complexities of the eye, which could not have evolved over any amount of time. These things suggest if not prove the need for fully functioning prototypes.

And only an intelligent Designer/ Creator would know to do this.

So, could it be possible that what you perceive as old (earth) is rather fully functioning (earth)?

It could be..  But I believe the earth is much older than 6000 years.  I think the earth was fully functioning but not as we see it today.  Like how long did it take for the continents to drive apart.  Are the subcontinent of India to come to rest where it is today.  Or the fact that there was no day as we currently view it until like day 3.

2 minutes ago, da_man1974 said:

It could be..  But I believe the earth is much older than 6000 years.  I think the earth was fully functioning but not as we see it today.  Like how long did it take for the continents to drive apart.  Are the subcontinent of India to come to rest where it is today.  Or the fact that there was no day as we currently view it until like day 3.

I could share with you in private messenger a url of the earth shrunk down to interlocking continents as they currently exist.

The premise is that the continents did not split and slide on a static globe but that the globe (earth) itself is expanding.

I could share with you in private messenger a url of the earth shrunk down to interlocking continents as they currently exist.

The premise is that the continents did not split and slide on a static globe but that the globe (earth) itself is expanding.

If the earth were that small though, wouldn't it affect our gravity and what not?

1 minute ago, da_man1974 said:

If the earth were that small though, wouldn't it affect our gravity and what not?

Dr. Chuck Missler points out that the pre-deluge earth had at least twice the atmospheric pressure than it does today or pterodactyls could not fly.

My point?

It was a different place then.

Gravity might have been affected but we don't know all the details for certain.

Like the upper vapor canopy (which Venus, Jupiter, Saturn, Neptune and Uranus have to his very day).

Dr. Chuck Missler points out that the pre-deluge earth had at least twice the atmospheric pressure than it does today or pterodactyls could not fly.

My point?

It was a different place then.

Gravity might have been affected but we don't know all the details for certain.

Like the upper vapor canopy (which Venus, Jupiter, Saturn, Neptune and Uranus have to his very day).

Good point.

So if the earth is expanding though.  Wouldn't the tectonic plates be moving farther apart rather than closer together?

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  423
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

Dr Chuck missler the electrical engineer and evangelical Christian...commenting on evolutionary biology? Unqualified with huge bias I suggest... he's already decided the bible says young earth and now goes looking?  Evidence forms beliefs or beliefs forming evidence? Peer reviewed? 

Also if you don't know for certain you then assert young earth?  Position should be don't know so can't form a conclusion.

Evidence the globe is expanding?  What evidence... what's the mechanism? Please post peer reviewed corroberative.

Also many stages of eye development have been documented.. and cave dwelling organisms that are "losing" eyes. The eye is intelligently designed? We've an optic nerve smack in the middle of the retina giving us a blind spot...nerve behind retina taking info to the brain would be better right and no blind spot? See octopus eyes. If you mean evolution requires fully functioning prototypes ... that's not understanding how evolution works I'm afraid. 

Guest Teditis

Appealing to authority as a means of dismissing evidence put forward is a logic fallacy.

If the evidence that Missler submits is sound and sticks to scientific method, then it should

be reviewed by "peers" and commented on. But that's the sticking-point, as many main-stream

scientists won't even look at the information and dismiss fair and legitimate questioning of many

of his ideas.

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  423
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

Who are you referring to teditis? If you mean me...i appeal to evidence and theory that is checked by other scientists of other faiths or no faiths and from other countries. This isn't a one view authority..its checked by others and if it's substantiated becomes our best current model/theory. Alternatively the one bible view not being an authority? 

Missler the electrical engineers evangelical bias assertions on biological and planetary evolution aren't taken seriously... maybe there is no good reason or evidence? Anyone can just say i think x and its true right?  I'll side with what's more likely...if you had to bet your house where would you sit here?

Edited by Kevinb

3 hours ago, da_man1974 said:

Good point.

So if the earth is expanding though.  Wouldn't the tectonic plates be moving farther apart rather than closer together?

Oscillation ? 

Got biggest it can now shrinking again?

Dunno...