• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

Just because he physically died doesn't mean he will go to hell.  Only Jesus will make that decision.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,829
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Sojourner414 said:

I would ask you the same, Hazard: please show us the specific verses that say suicides have their names removed from the Book of Life.

As for King Saul and Judas Iscariot: they didn't go to hell for suicide. They went to hell because neither trusted in the Lord. Saul took it upon himself to do as he pleased and disobeyed the Lord at every turn; he never truly trusted Him. Judas betrayed the Lord, and instead of repenting, took his own life and died without trusting in the Lord either.

So, where does it say specifically that suicide is the unforgivable sin?

"Judas betrayed the Lord, and instead of repenting, took his own life and died without trusting in the Lord either."

Judas never died, he took his own life, there is a difference. Instead of repenting like Peter did, he brooded over his sin and allowed satan to convince him he had no chance of being forgiven. King Saul also knew he had sinned against the Lord and His Word, and he also allowed satan to convince him he was beyond forgiveness and he killed himself. There's no repentance after death, that's why its a sin to commit will full suicide.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  813
  • Content Per Day:  0.25

Hmm.. suicide is not the solution to any life's problems. One would want to take away the pain forever but in contrast, this decision would surely inflict pain in others. Remember, it may end your pain or problems, but those who are close to you would suffer the consequences of you committing suicide... and that would surely create new problem. One thing for sure is, one thing would always lead to another...there is no such thing as no consequences. Having said this, suicidal thoughts is not foreign to me. I have been battling with it till now. Christian or not...there are universal principals too that apply. Death is for all. Christians do not have something called privilleges in terms of dying nor is there any guarantee that Christians would not die a suffering death just like non-Christians do. However, for a Christian who has placed his or her faith in Christ (being a namesake christian alone do not mean anything), there is a joy and hope that when they go home, they will be with the Lord. For those who have not, well i believe others have answered that. Having said that, committing suicide surely is a sin just like many other sins, (one of the many reasons why i am not doing so). However, to say a Christian who commits suicide would go to hell or not go to heaven or vice versa rests SOLELY upon God. It is not for us to say for sure. The scriptures posted here do not directly point out that "those who commits suicide has hell guaranteed upon them". Meaning, there isnt a direct link...Commit suicide = hell finito. They had other things going on which LED them to take their own life WITHOUT true repentence. Thus they went to hell. Whatever you are facing right now, stay strong. It shall pass...everything WILL pass. 

46 minutes ago, Eastern Star said:

Hmm.. suicide is not the solution to any life's problems. One would want to take away the pain forever but in contrast, this decision would surely inflict pain in others. Remember, it may end your pain or problems, but those who are close to you would suffer the consequences of you committing suicide... and that would surely create new problem. One thing for sure is, one thing would always lead to another...there is no such thing as no consequences. Having said this, suicidal thoughts is not foreign to me. I have been battling with it till now. Christian or not...there are universal principals too that apply. Death is for all. Christians do not have something called privilleges in terms of dying nor is there any guarantee that Christians would not die a suffering death just like non-Christians do. However, for a Christian who has placed his or her faith in Christ (being a namesake christian alone do not mean anything), there is a joy and hope that when they go home, they will be with the Lord. For those who have not, well i believe others have answered that. Having said that, committing suicide surely is a sin just like many other sins, (one of the many reasons why i am not doing so). However, to say a Christian who commits suicide would go to hell or not go to heaven or vice versa rests SOLELY upon God. It is not for us to say for sure. The scriptures posted here do not directly point out that "those who commits suicide has hell guaranteed upon them". Meaning, there isnt a direct link...Commit suicide = hell finito. They had other things going on which LED them to take their own life WITHOUT true repentence. Thus they went to hell. Whatever you are facing right now, stay strong. It shall pass...everything WILL pass. 

The thing with suicide is this. Regardless of what ever sin one has committed, falling on one's sword, hanging one's self, shooting one's self, smashing one's car into a brick wall, taking ones own life in any way shape or form, negates any future repentance.

Saul sinned greviously, never repented, fell on his own sword and killed himself.

Judas, by transgression fell, never repented, hung himself and died. Scripture even states that his name was removed from the book of life, and his bishopric was given to another. Its pretty straight forward.

Just now, HAZARD said:

The thing with suicide is this. Regardless of what ever sin one has committed, falling on one's sword, hanging one's self, shooting one's self, smashing one's car into a brick wall, taking ones own life in any way shape or form, negates any future repentance.

Saul sinned greviously, never repented, fell on his own sword and killed himself.

Judas, by transgression fell, never repented, hung himself and died. Scripture even states that his name was removed from the book of life, and his bishopric was given to another. Its pretty straight forward.

Still .. as pointed out. It is not solely the act of commiting suicide that sends one to hell but rather what happens before that or the actions that took place prior to unrepented suicide as what happened to Judas and King Saul. So they died in their transgression. However, considering other scenarios that involve people who suffer or suicide due to other's sin? For example, a rape victim who, out of shame/dignity or trauma, commits suicide (this is more common in non-western countries), would God automatically send her to hell / have her name removed solely because she commits suicide. Again, my point here is... we don't know exactly because this involves God's judgment for he sees all things...every little details would be taken account into consideration for God is just. It is for God to deal. Of course, suicide is clear cut sin and wrong but to say that they would have their name taken out from the book by quoting those scriptures by ignoring every other details of why a suicide occur is... kinda victimizing the victim. And definitely there isn't a scripture that shows people commiting suicide would go to heaven because some of the suicide cases thats happening now, didnt occur much back then, atleast they weren't recorded in the scriptures. (I maybe wrong in this). This is really a case to case scenario here, not a one-size-fits-all thing. Im not gonna go on debating this because we would really only go in circles. Haha. Im just putting my opinions and thoughts out here.

5 hours ago, HAZARD said:

Judas never died, he took his own life, there is a difference. Instead of repenting like Peter did, he brooded over his sin and allowed satan to convince him he had no chance of being forgiven. King Saul also knew he had sinned against the Lord and His Word, and he also allowed satan to convince him he was beyond forgiveness and he killed himself. There's no repentance after death, that's why its a sin to commit will full suicide.

I just have to clarify this out though. Judas took his own life... meaning he killed himself. I suppose since he killed himself, he died didn't he? What did you mean by Judas never died but he took his own life? Unless Judas is still alive after taking his own life? Irony..  "Died in his transgression or without repentance to what he has commited against the Lord is what I think sojourner was trying to point out too, as what you have explained.

Guest Teditis
13 hours ago, HAZARD said:

Show us any scriptures that say, people who deliberately, willingly committee suicide go to Heaven please?

That's a rather sophomoric response, lol.

You're twisting Scriptures to say that King Saul and Judas went to Hell because of the acts of suicide... they were

judged for other reasons as Scripture clearly states. And you're left with nothing but a legalistic standpoint...

something that Scripture also condemns. So have fun mocking God's Word like you do and trying to lead ppl

into false doctrines that you make up.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

I believe we should not debate if a specific person who committed suicide was saved or not.
"Do not speak evil of one another, brethren.
He who speaks evil of a brother and judges his brother,
speaks evil of the law and judges the law.
But if you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law but a judge." - James 4:11

Let Him who is righteous and all-knowing to make the judgment. It is not up to us.
"There is one Lawgiver, who is able to save and to destroy. Who are you to judge another?" - James 4:12

Read the scriptures yourself, ask God to guide you in all truth. Welcome Him to your life, put your trust in Him, read His Word.
"All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,
that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work." - 2 Timothy 3:16-17

Is suicide something we should consider for our lives? Definitely not.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

It's not at all a debate.

The people who follow satan may kill themselves.

The people who follow Jesus do not kill themselves.

6 hours ago, Teditis said:

That's a rather sophomoric response, lol.

You're twisting Scriptures to say that King Saul and Judas went to Hell because of the acts of suicide... they were

judged for other reasons as Scripture clearly states. And you're left with nothing but a legalistic standpoint...

something that Scripture also condemns. So have fun mocking God's Word like you do and trying to lead ppl

into false doctrines that you make up.

I am not mocking God or twisting Scriptures. Please stop with your accusations, they are unwarranted.

Judas was a saved man. He was to be head of one of the twelve tribes of Israel as the other apostles. He had his bishopric taken from him. He by transgression fell. Instead of repenting, he committed suicide, by which he could no longer repent of his sins. The same with Judas. Once one commits suicide, there is no more opportunity for repentance.

Judas was a saved man because his name was written in God's book of life. he was called a devil, just a Peter was called Satan by Jesus;

Matthew 16:23, But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.

Peter also denied Christ three times before men;

Matthew 26:34, Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, That this night, before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice.

Matthew 26:75, And Peter remembered the word of Jesus, which said unto him, Before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice. And he went out, and wept bitterly.

Jesus also said this;

Matthew 10:33, But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

Luckily Peter wept in tears and repented.

Judas had his name written in God's book of life just as Peter did, but sadly instead of repenting of his sin, he brooded over it and took his own life.

He like Satan by transgression fell.

Act 1:25, That he may take part of this ministry and apostleship, from which Judas by transgression fell, that he might go to his own place.

Because he never repented, but took his own life his name was removed from God's book and his place was taken by another, "Matthias."

Acts 1: 20-23, For it is written in the book of Psalms, Let his habitation be desolate, and let no man dwell therein: and his bishoprick let another take.
    21, Wherefore of these men which have companied with us all the time that the Lord Jesus went in and out among us,
    22, Beginning from the baptism of John, unto that same day that he was taken up from us, must one be ordained to be a witness with us of his resurrection.
    23, And they appointed two, Joseph called Barsabas, who was surnamed Justus, and Matthias.

Judas, instead of repenting, overcoming, brooded over his sin and committed suicide and his bishoprick was taken by another;

Revelation 3:5, He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.