• Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,605
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

3 minutes ago, angels4u said:

J

Hey Roy,

It should be ok with everybody that you're both different and see things different, God didn't make us robots and the Holy Spirit some points things different out to you ans He does to me,if we feel convicted over something,it's a sin to us and maybe not to others,we're all different :)

All the old testament prophecies are not fulfillid yet ,I read a futuristic Kingdom coming soon,the signs are all around..

Jesus His last name could have been . Jesus was called Jesus of Nazareth?

Shalom, angels4u, and thanks.

The fact, as I see it, that there are still divisions among us that classify us who claim to be "Christians" (or at least "Messianic believers") as "Partial Preterists" or "Futurists" or ... tells me that we are not where we should be, yet. I believe that the Holy Spirit of God is leading us back together to make us a united family for Himself. He does that in different ways for different people; however, His people DO need to be willing to be led by God back together! Otherwise, He may choose to drive the wedge in deeper to separate us permanently, purging those who are unwilling to change. THIS is a scary thought, and one I'd like us to avoid, if we can!

Yes, just as "Washington" came from "washing town," so Yeshua` might be considered to come from "Natsaret" ("Nazareth") as a "Natsretiy." One COULD say that was His last name, especially in light of the fact that it was an identifying label for Him.

You are (in my opinion) right to read that there will be a futuristic Kingdom coming soon, and I pray, "Come, Lord Yeshua`!" and "Father, let your Son return soon! Let your Kingdom come!"

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

3 minutes ago, Retrobyter said:

The fact, as I see it, that there are still divisions among us that classify us who claim to be "Christians" (or at least "Messianic believers") as "Partial Preterists" or "Futurists" or ... tells me that we are not where we should be, yet. I believe that the Holy Spirit of God is leading us back together to make us a united family for Himself. He does that in different ways for different people; however, His people DO need to be willing to be led by God back together! Otherwise, He may choose to drive the wedge in deeper to separate us permanently, purging those who are unwilling to change. THIS is a scary thought, and one I'd like us to avoid, if we can!

Yes, just as "Washington" came from "washing town," so Yeshua` might be considered to come from "Natsaret" ("Nazareth") as a "Natsretiy." One COULD say that was His last name, especially in light of the fact that it was an identifying label for Him.

You are (in my opinion) right to read that there will be a futuristic Kingdom coming soon, and I pray, "Come, Lord Yeshua`!" and "Father, let your Son return soon! Let your Kingdom come!"

You are (in my opinion) right to read that there will be a futuristic Kingdom coming soon, and I pray, "Come, Lord Yeshua`!" and "Father, let your Son return soon! Let your Kingdom come

May Gods  Great Reset will arrive soon which will never end...

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.51
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

2 hours ago, Retrobyter said:

It is a worthy thing to have a desire to bring God's people together, but what a task it is to take that on. How fruitful is it, when the subject is 'end of day)s)' related?

In my experience, folks with a mission such as this, run into some obvious barriers. It can be quite frustrating when others don't 'hear' the message being conveyed.

Being right is not all that important.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  586
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  0

9What has been is what will be, and what has been done is what will be done, and there is nothing new under the sun.

We can be rest assured what Christ taught, was taught by the Apostles, and then taught by the Church Fathers.

The things that have suddenly been taught in the Past 500 years cannot be found in Christ's, the Apostles, nor the Church Father's Teachings.   Those are Problematic Issues for the Believer in God, because those Doctrines, Teachings, Meanings cannot be backed by the Word of God (unless Verses are taken out of context, cherry picked, and formatted into a Heretical Idealism).

These Issues must be addressed and I believe the Thread Op is attempting to do as such.

God Bless and Keep up the Good Work!

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.96
  • Days Won:  21

46 minutes ago, Josheb said:

It's a paradigm shift less than 200 years old in Christianity to do the reverse

After about 1400 and the so-called Reformation, ideas and long held doctrines began to be 'modified' by the 'intelligentsia' that had bibles. Since few are aware of this and the historical changes, they are easy prey for the 'new ideas'... ;)

New ideas that were often a part of their 'bibles'. Like the Scofield bible that most assumed was true in every way.

Edited by Justin Adams

8 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

After about 1400 and the so-called Reformation, ideas and long held doctrines began to be 'modified' by the 'intelligentsia' that had bibles. Since few are aware of this and the historical changes, they are easy prey for the 'new ideas'... ;)

New ideas that were often a part of their 'bibles'. Like the Scofield bible that most assumed was true in every way.

Never had a Scofield, but I had a Dake's for a while in the 70's.

:-)

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

25 minutes ago, Alive said:

It is a worthy thing to have a desire to bring God's people together, but what a task it is to take that on. How fruitful is it, when the subject is 'end of day)s)' related?

In my experience, folks with a mission such as this, run into some obvious barriers. It can be quite frustrating when others don't 'hear' the message being conveyed.

Being right is not all that important.

It is important to tell the truth or try to explain  but most of us know what we believe and the key is to fellowship with each other as we're all members of Gods family,what will God think when He's sees His children bickering over details? As long as we know for a fact that we're saved the Holy Spirit will guide us in all truth ,soon we might we all sitting on the same table and what will our conversation be?

Colossians 4:6 

Let your speech always be gracious, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how you ought to answer each person.

1 Timothy 6:3-5 

If anyone teaches a different doctrine and does not agree with the sound words of our Lord Jesus Christ and the teaching that accords with godliness, he is puffed up with conceit and understands nothing. He has an unhealthy craving for controversy and for quarrels about words, which produce envy, dissension, slander, evil suspicions, and constant friction among people who are depraved in mind and deprived of the truth, imagining that godliness is a means of gain.

Lets try not be puffed up and act in love to help our brothers/sisters grow closer to the Lord  .

• Praise God! 1

3 minutes ago, angels4u said:

It is important to tell the truth or try to explain 

Yes--of course it is. My point in these discussions on end time stuff has always been the same.

We have honest brethren who are convinced they have the truth on these matters and yet they differ. All can't be right, but all can most surely be wrong.

IMO--it is healthy to have this always front and center.

:-)

The Lord is interested in our hearts and our conduct.

Just an observation here, it's quite easy to dispel a Doctrine that begins with my Grandfather taught this, my dad, and so it must be true.   

If that Doctrine cannot be found in how the Apostles interpreted Christ's Teachings, or the Church Father's interpreting both Christ and the Apostles, it really is a difficult task using Biblical backed Scripture to overcome Man's Traditions, especially the Traditions we have in the Church from just the past 500 years.

It is baffling, that what is recent and passed down is held closer than what was taught 2,000 years ago by God in the flesh.

Just now, Josheb said:

Post sin verse said in a post-sin world about a post-sin world and not specifically relevant to the thesis of this op. 

Today, it is the past and we are able to recognize its value for Today.   Therefore, it is always relevant.   I also highlighted the portion that specifies everything today [and there is nothing new under the sun.]

We today can be assured this portion of that Verse relates to the right now in any Topic of Discussion.