• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

14 minutes ago, Gary Lee said:

My wife and son/daughters all  have a CHL license. My wife uses a 38 revolver, carried in her purse, as taught by her instructor. (Revolvers less prone to get caught vs automatic, in a purse). Walking in a late night parking lot, her hand is usually in the purse. The best thing you might want to do, MorningGlory, would be to take the classes for the permit. You will be more confident with all the info and training and safety you  will learn. Shoot straighter too. The percentage of women getting CHL license's is growing. Women do carry. Watch out for the ones with their hand in their purse. 

if it has a thumb pull it can get caught. but if it is hammerless it can not get hung up in a purse.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

I checked. Apparently its ok in az to openly carry a knife of any length, including a sword (you have to be 21 yrs of age or older though). Also you can carrry concealed too as long as you tell a cop if you are stopped. Which is good since I do have a collection of swords and spears.

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,264
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, coheir said:

if it has a thumb pull it can get caught. but if it is hammerless it can not get hung up in a purse.

Smith/Wesson 38 spl, w/laser site.  Hammer less.

• Group:  Diamond Member

35 minutes ago, Gary Lee said:

Smith/Wesson 38 spl, w/laser site.  Hammer less.

really good choice Gary Lee.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  957
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,631
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

TAKE THE NRA PDN  Personal Defense Network DVD  Series on Personal Defense Readiness AT THE VERY LEAST !!!

And take the Philippine Knife fighting course through them too! Then find a local place to continue taking the courses and practice. Or don't carry because you will only get killed,  or you will wound your lifemate in a gunfight.

Shooting to kill is a fast degrading skill, it must be honed  on a regular schedule. Your weapon must be carried the same way all the time, no variables, otherwise at  panic it's a fight to the death time when everything goes into slow motion and you feel like you just can't move fast, you will lose the fight. Gunfighting is NOT target shooting.

I much prefer fast feet along with  caution as to where I am  and where I go, prayer, thought, and reading the Bible, to thinking I am a gunfighter bravo for me I am a gunfighter.

Yes I am a bit of a pacifist, but I also have seen many a gunshot hole in dead bodies too. 

I do have a CCP. I do have some Philippine knife fighting training, and I do have an abundance of weaponry available to me. I can blow the hinges off of doors with a breacher shotgun, BUT as Jeff Quinn of Gunblast.com said that was funny and also wisdom, "I prefer to just reach down and turn the door knob to open doors and get into a room".

When even a subsonic round from a 9MM pistol whizzes by, all the grand thoughts of how it is going to go down when a battle begins goes out the window so to speak. And it is game on to the death of someone. If you win and the others are dead or wounded, you had better know what to do when the police arrive on scene because you are not going to get to hold your weapon and say I'm the good guy officers here is the bad guy down on the ground.

You are quickly going to be dead by police fire if you make any mistake, and possibly even if you don't.

So watch the DVD series at the very least as it will take you through most every combat situation you are likely to face.

On the other hand if a Christian dies, it is the best day of his life is it not? 

Edited by Neighbor

Please, Watch  this Video. Are you faster and smarter than the trained police officer, or even this criminal?

http://koanewsradio.iheart.com/content/2017-08-11-body-cam-captures-moment-cop-is-shot-in-neck-by-attempted-killer-video/

Things go bad real quick even for well trained people. If you can  avoid conflict, avoid risk, and do pray for safety. Don't think you become a Rambo because  you have a CCP and a weapon.

Edited by Neighbor

1 hour ago, coheir said:

really good choice Gary Lee.

It was her choice, my son's/instructor's  recommendation. Silhouette center-mass semi rapid five for five at fifty feet. Not bad for grandma.

• Group:  Diamond Member

4 minutes ago, Gary Lee said:

It was her choice, my son's/instructor's  recommendation. Silhouette center-mass semi rapid five for five at fifty feet. Not bad for grandma.

I had the same and it was stolen out of my truck one night, now it is always where I am.

1 hour ago, Gary Lee said:

Unless she misses and takes out Grandpa or the neighbor's kid. But hey guns are fun for all, right?

I just spent a few hours with my 88 year old uncle helping going over his books. He couldn't remember some fees he paid. They seem to be related to his CCP application and the lesson he took at home along with the test at home to pass and get his license. He can't see, but barely out of one eye, has a cancer in one eye, needs nitro tablets to get the energy to pick up his pants and put them on in the morning, can't hear, but hey he qualifies and can carry. He can 't remember where his Ruger went, nor his AK 47. I told him we gathered them up because he was at risk having them and not being able to pick them up to use them. All he really needs is a help I've fallen and can't get up button.

And yes he has very good caretakers with him. Maybe they will soon need body armor-

ps -It has become necessary to restrict his viewing of Fox cable news because when he listens he gets so mad he needs more nitro. Might be good for many of us to limit our own viewing of all cable news broadcasts.- And, substitute the Good news of the gospel of Jesus and the reveal of our Lord in the Bible. Bet most individuals would then feel more like it isn't really necessary to be ready to shot even half the people that are  feared  when we watch cable newscasts.

pps - Might be hard to make a case for self defense at fifty feet. 

Edited by Neighbor

22 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Unless she misses and takes out Grandpa or the neighbor's kid. But hey guns are fun for all, right?

I just spent a few hours with my 88 year old uncle helping going over his books. He couldn't remember some fees he paid. They seem to be related to his CCP application and the lesson he took at home along with the test at home to pass and get his license. He can't see, but barely out of one eye, has a cancer in one eye, needs nitro tablets to get the energy to pick up his pants and put them on in the morning, can't hear, but hey he qualifies and can carry. He can 't remember where his Ruger went, nor his AK 47. I told him we gathered them up because he was at risk having them and not being able to pick them up to use them. All he really needs is a help I've fallen and can't get up button.

And yes he has very good caretakers with him. Maybe they will soon need body armor-

ps -It has become necessary to restrict his viewing of Fox cable news because when he listens he gets so mad he needs more nitro. Might be good for many of us to limit our own viewing of all cable news broadcasts.- And, substitute the Good news of the gospel of Jesus and the reveal of our Lord in the Bible. Bet most individuals would then feel more like it isn't really necessary to be ready to shot even half the people that are  feared  when we watch cable newscasts.

pps - Might be hard to make a case for self defense at fifty feet. 

Your aim is getting pretty good, Neighbor. That's twice now you hit your target. "Me,and my wife" Did you think I would not reply to your  comment?  I take it, from your very concerned remarks about "you don't become Rambo" just because you have a carry permit and a weapon. Nice shot. And this one..Unless she misses and takes out Grandpa or the neighbor's kid. But hey guns are fun for all, right?  Those remarks were uncalled for, even if you don't like gun owners discussing guns. Years ago, we went to the trouble to go through all the process of getting fingerprinted, pass criminal records, if any, checked, paying the state fees, going to all the classes, testing, and regular practice and safety instruction, and practice, practice, practice. You talk as if informed. First off, a blind eighty eight year old cannot obtain a carry license through the mail. If you have obtained a licenses yourself, you already know that, right?  An AK 47 is illegal to own without a class III licenses, and have it  Federal registered. Cost is around $2500.00. If not, it's prison time. NO variance, Neighbor. I personally don't like/prefer hand guns. I prefer rifles. Safer. When my family decided to get license's, I joined them, and do not regret it.  I carry 24/7.  They are all knowledgeable, safe, and aware of potential risks. We are all adults.  My neighbor is a police officer.  I'm aware of all the ramifications of firing a deadly weapon, and the loss of human life.  Two tours in the Nam took care of that. The scenario you have created with your witty words make gun owners appear backward, redneck hillbillies. Insulting. I've noticed lately you seem to know about a lot of things, and you probably do, but not everything. I also think you're getting confused, sometimes.  We're both in our seventies, and your comments are not worthy of you. I can tell you love the Lord, as do I. And I have read how much you love your young Texas bride wife, as I do my wife of forty six years. But when you commented above about "grandma", my not so young wife, you pushed my buttons.  I'm very proud of my wife, just like you. I really cannot express myself right now, as I would like to. What you said is beneath you. As my brother in Christ. I pray I have not crossed the line here, and lose my testimony.  Your brother in Christ              Gary........... in Him Who is, Semper Fidelis     Always