Bro.Tan

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  475
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,557
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

The works of the old covenant like Sabbaths feast days are not for the new covenant. We are commanded to love one another. John wrote if you see your brother without the necessary things to live like food and clothes  and walk away without helping them then how does the love of God abide in you. We are saved through the cross of Jesus. Once we are saved then we are called to be holy and walk in good works. 

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,150
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

It is the 'IS' ... either God 'IS' within you and you hear (through s/Spiritual means) His witness as such 'I AM' here

1 John 4:13 (KJV)

[13] Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit.

and 'if' He The Holy Spirit 'IS' there we will bear fruit for the glory of our Lord >period< hence faith without fruit is dead faith....

• Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  475
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,557
  • Content Per Day:  2.28

If the holy spirit is in us then we will walk in love. And that will show that he is in us. Also we will purify ourselves because he is pure.

• This is Worthy 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78

8 hours ago, Bro.Tan said:

How will God judge the world? Who will end up in the lake of fire, and who will end up judging with God on his throne? Most Christians don’t know the answer to these questions. Let me ask you this, what if God commanded you to do something, would you do it? If God told you to obey him would you? God has asked this before, but in this world of “New Testament Christians”, almost everyone is taught that we don’t have to obey the laws of God any more. Most ministers today teach that all you have to do (Rom.10: 9) is confess that Jesus came in the flesh and you shall be saved. They have deceived you into believing that you need no works, that you need no fruits of faith. But if this is true, then the same question persists: how will God judge the world?

What if your minister convinced you that there are two Gods? One God is the father, the “mean killing machine” of the Old Testament, and the other is the “sweet loving” Jesus of the New Testament. What if the God of the old and New Testament were one and the same; what if he said, “Keep my Sabbaths”, would you? What if he said, “Keep My Feasts” because the bible says that these are the Feasts of the Lord, and not the feasts of the Jews, would you? What if he said, “Keep my Commandments and my Judgments” would you keep them or would you allow some false prophet to convince you that they are no longer valid? What if he said, “I have an Everlasting Covenant and that I shed my blood for it,” would you believe him? Can you be saved by faith only? Do works matter? In this text lesson we are by way of the bible, going to prove to you that if you have faith in God then you will bring forth fruits of that faith and works.

From the Merriam Webster’s Collegiate Dictionary the definition of the word faith is; believe, trust. Now then how do you show the Lord that you believe in him? By your works, that’s how. Let’s go to the chapter in the bible that people call the faith chapter.

Lets go into (Heb.11: 1-2, 7, 17, 24-26, 31, 35, 39-40) (v.1) Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. (v.2) For by it the elders obtained a good report. Now by the elder’s faith (belief) in God they obtained a good report. But how did theses elders show God that they had faith (belief) in him? Let’s take a look at some of them. (v.7) By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness, which is by faith. How did Noah prove to God that he had faith in him? By his works! Noah moved with faith and fear and began preparing the ark. (v.17) By faith Abraham, when he was tried, offered up Isaac: and he that received the promises offered up his only begotten son. Now here is the father of the faithful, and how did he show God the he had faith in him? By his works! The Lord God told Abraham to go and sacrifice his son, his only son. And Abraham’s faith was so strong that he was seconds’ way from killing his only son when the angel of the Lord stopped him, now that’s truly fruits of faith.  (v.24) By faith Moses, when he was come to years, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh’s daughter; (v.25) Choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God, than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season; (v.26) Esteeming the reproach of Christ greater riches than the treasures in Egypt: for he had respect unto the recompense of the reward.  

If Christ is the life in you. You will have works, maybe not seen by others but you will have them. Some people have works to show men. but they are dead too. plastic fruit:)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 2

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

6 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Only that yowm.   BUT.    IF we truly believe FROM the heart......then we walk HOLY as HE IS HOLY.

Yes, we see many people trying to find excuses to keep comfortable with their sins... But I believe we should not be comfortable in keeping and practicing our sins, we can only be comfortable while walking in the Spirit, not the flesh. It is one of the reasons many are deviating from the truth, by hearing what they want to hear (lies).

"And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil." - John 3:19

I believe most (if not all) of us did that at least once in our lives (finding excuses), but the Lord is powerful and He will help us grow in Him each day; and be comfortable in Him.

"If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth.
But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin." - 1 John 1:6-7

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  693
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0

18 hours ago, Reinitin said:

If Christ is the life in you. You will have works, maybe not seen by others but you will have them. Some people have works to show men. but they are dead too. plastic fruit:)

I agree with most of what you are saying, the things is most people have to know how to get Christ in their life. 

• Loved it! 1

On 9/3/2017 at 0:53 PM, Yowm said:

Ok, besides what Paul said what was needed for salvation...

because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved.
(Rom 10:9-10)

...what additional thing must one do to be saved???

If you truly love God, then you will obey "Every word" that proceeds out of his mouth (Matthew 4:4). Baptism is one of those words. In order to be baptized, certain events must take place: You must give up a lifestyle where sin has dominion, (ruler ship) over you. Sin according to 1 John 3:4, Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression (breaking) of the law. You must be taught "The Word", before you can adhere to God's commandments (judgments\statues).

These laws are found in the Holy Bible; beginning with Genesis and ending with Revelation. You must believe what the bible says and finally, you must confess that Jesus is Lord. Once this has been accomplished, you are qualified to be baptized in the name of Jesus.

Jesus said in Matthew 19: 16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? 17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments. 18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, 19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. Understand brothers and sisters that the Sabbath day on the seventh day of the week, is included in the commandments as well.  

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78

17 minutes ago, Bro.Tan said:

I agree with most of what you are saying, the things is most people have to know how to get Christ in their life. 

The shame is some people are enchanted. Like the emperors new cloths so they dont ever believe in their heart or see how much they need Him and people are like your saved welcome to tge kingdom without even waiting on the Lord. If people saw how much they need The Lord and the depth of the deparvity by tge conviction of the spirt they would have so much joy from Gods Spirit baptism wouldn't even be a, should I? do i have to? how imporant it is? Is it neccisary for eternal life. When the spirit in you crys abba Father your like; Good and merciful Lord, I can never repay you.  Let me do something for you.

Edited by Reinitin
  • Loved it! 1

It’s easy for people to say how much they love the Lord, they may be able to deceive man, but God knows the mind. Many profess they know God, but in their works they deny him everyday. Paul said in (Titus 1:16) They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him; being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate. Yea, most people are talking about how they know God with their lips, but by they works they are doing something totally different. The Lord God commanded you to remember the Sabbath day (which is the seventh day of the week) to keep it holy and you deny him to his face by saying “I go to church on Sunday (the first day of the week) because Paul broke bread on Sunday”. Paul said in (Gal. 6:3-5, 7) (v.3) For if a man think himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceiveth himself. (v.4) But let every man prove his own work, and then shall he have rejoicing in himself alone, and not in another.

The book says let every man prove his own work, and if your work is good then you will rejoice in it. (v.5) For every man shall bear his own burden. That’s right; every man must bear his own burden. You mean you thought that all you had to do was confess the name of Jesus and that was it?

Brothers and sisters you must work to get salvation. (v.7) Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. God is not to be played with. Whatsoever you plant, that’s what you are going to reap. Be it good works unto eternal life, or evil works unto eternal damnation. The choice is yours, and your works belong to you.

Jesus said in (Matt. 16:24-27) (v.24) Then said Jesus unto his disciples, if any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. That was the Lord’s burden, to die on the cross for the sins of man. Now as we read earlier every man must bear his own burden, and what is your burden? (v.25) For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it. You must give up your life in this world; you must not get caught up in the cares of this world. You must bring forth-good fruits of faith by keeping God’s commandments, statues, and judgments. (v.26) For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul? Some of the great patriarchs in (Heb.11) gave up a lot, some even their lives in exchange for their soul. You see they had great faith (belief) that their souls (bodies) would be raised at the first resurrection. And some of you won’t even give up some of the littlest things like, going to church on Sunday, the pagan holidays of Christmas and Easter, praying to the Virgin Mary, and I could go on and on. And most so-called Christians know these rituals have nothing to do with Jesus and the bible. But do they understand that they are offensive to God? Maybe it’s because you have more faith in man than God, maybe it’s because you fear how man is going to treat you, and you don’t fear God. But listen up; (v.27) For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his holy angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works. Now these are the words of Jesus (the Son of man), you know the savior of the world. He said that when he comes he is going to judge every man according to his works. Who has deceived you into believing that all you need to do is have faith in the Lord and you will be saved?  

5 minutes ago, Reinitin said:

The shame is some people are enchanted. Like the emperors new cloths so they dont ever believe in their heart or see how much they need Him. If people saw how much they need him baptism wouldn't even be a, should I? do i have to? how imporant it is? Is it neccisary for eternal life. When the spirit in you crys abba Father your like; Good and merciful Lord, I can never repay you.  Let me do something for you.

Let’s take a look and see what the Master said in Luke 10: 25 And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life? 26 He said unto him, "What is written in the law? how readest thou? 27 And he answering said, "Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself. 28 And he said unto him, "Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live. 

• Loved it! 1