• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

1 hour ago, Yowm said:

More libel. Please produce the post.

go read the faith without works post yourself.

• Group:  Diamond Member

3 minutes ago, Cobalt1959 said:

If you make an accusation, the burden of proof falls upon you to show evidence to back it up.  Just like a court of law.  Even more so when accusing a Christian Brother of wrong-doing.  If you are going to accuse Yowm of bad behavior you also need to be able to produce what you think is proof of that bad behavior.  "Go read the thread" does constitute not proof.  It would not be difficult to go into your profile, look at your activity and find the thread you are talking about and produce posts from it, or even just the link.

Please stop quoting me. I guess I have to put you back on ignore. proof is in the "Faith without works is dead" post in general discussion.  Starts at his first comment on the post.

1 minute ago, Sojourner414 said:

No, you are the one making the accusation against Yowm; it's on you to produce said proof.

well Im sure the mods can read it can't they? last I checked they are the actual authority on this website. just cause people run in a pack doesn't make them good or right.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.56
  • Days Won:  15

"11 Then I saw heaven opened, and a white horse was standing there. Its rider was named Faithful and True, for he judges fairly and wages a righteous war. 12 His eyes were like flames of fire, and on his head were many crowns. A name was written on him that no one understood except himself. 13 He wore a robe dipped in blood, and his title was the Word of God. 14 The armies of heaven, dressed in the finest of pure white linen, followed him on white horses. 15 From his mouth came a sharp sword to strike down the nations. He will rule them with an iron rod. He will release the fierce wrath of God, the Almighty, like juice flowing from a winepress. 16 On his robe at his thigh[a] was written this title: King of all kings and Lord of all lords." (Revelation 19:11-16). Context, Jesus is coming to judge those who refuse His love, Grace, and salvation through faith in Him; the Word of God doesn't want anyone to perish (2 Peter 3:9 and 1 Timothy 2:4) but many will be stubborn and refuse His love and forgiveness of sin (Revelation 13, Revelation 16:1-11, John 3:18, 2 Thessalonians 2:9-11, Revelation 20:0-15). We shall not incur the Wrath of God, we will actually be coming with Christ the Word of God in this scene (see 2 Thessalonians 4:16-17). 

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.25
  • Content Count:  27,780
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

This quote is what has you upset?

Ok, besides what Paul said what was needed for salvation...

because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved.
(Rom 10:9-10)

...what additional thing must one do to be saved???

This is what this thread is all about?  Cause it's everywhere and anywhere.  This is YOWM's quote from the Faith without works ... which is harmful how?

God bless,

George

"So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ. " (Romans 10:17). 

It is helpful to know that whenever Word is used, as in Word of God or Word of Truth in the Scriptures it is referring to Jesus who is the Word of God (John 1:1-15, Revelation 11:-19), and is the Word of Truth (John 14:6). If the Apostles are talking about the Scriptures they say so, "All Scripture is God-breathed [given by divine inspiration] and is profitable for instruction, for conviction [of sin], for correction [of error and restoration to obedience], for training in righteousness [learning to live in conformity to God’s will, both publicly and privately—behaving honorably with personal integrity and moral courage]; 17 so that the man of God may be complete and proficient, outfitted and thoroughly equipped for every good work." (Timothy 3:16-17),

"Above all, you must understand that no prophecy of Scripture comes from the prophet’s own interpretation, For prophecy never had its origin in the human will, but prophets, though human, spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit," (2 Peter 1:20-21),

"For prophecy never had its origin in the human will, but prophets, though human, spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit," (2 Timothy 3:14-15),

"For whatever was written in earlier times was written for our instruction, so that through perseverance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope," (Romans 15:4),

"You study the Scriptures diligently because you think that in them you have eternal life. These are the very Scriptures that testify about me." (John 5:39), and

"This fulfills what is written in their Scriptures: ‘They hated me without cause." (John 15:25). 

But when you read this, "For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart. And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are open and laid bare to the eyes of Him with whom we have to do." (Hebrews 4:12-13), the Holy Bible (Scriptures) is not the Word of God, they are God Breated, the Bible cannot judge your thoughts or intentions of yoru heart, but Jesus reads thoughts, "Knowing their thoughts, Jesus said, "Why do you entertain evil thoughts in your hearts?," (Matthew 9:4), and the two edged sword of Word of God is that sword that comes from Jesus' Mouth, "13 He wore a robe dipped in blood, and his title was the Word of God. 14 The armies of heaven, dressed in the finest of pure white linen, followed him on white horses. 15 From his mouth came a sharp sword to strike down the nations," (Revelation 19:13-15), and "In his right hand he held seven stars, and coming out of his mouth was a sharp, double-edged sword. His face was like the sun shining in all its brilliance." (Revelation 1:16). 

The word of God in Scripture refers to Jesus Himself, if Jesus or Apostles are referring to Scripture they call it: a) Scripture, b) sacred writings, c) God's Commands, d) testimony of the Lord, e) written words of God, f) orcales of God, and etc. 

Edited by Fidei Defensor

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

6 hours ago, Fidei Defensor said:

"So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ. " (Romans 10:17). 

It is helpful to know that whenever Word is used, as in Word of God or Word of Truth in the Scriptures it is referring to Jesus who is the Word of God (John 1:1-15, Revelation 11:-19), and is the Word of Truth (John 14:6). If the Apostles are talking about the Scriptures they say so, "All Scripture is God-breathed [given by divine inspiration] and is profitable for instruction, for conviction [of sin], for correction [of error and restoration to obedience], for training in righteousness [learning to live in conformity to God’s will, both publicly and privately—behaving honorably with personal integrity and moral courage]; 17 so that the man of God may be complete and proficient, outfitted and thoroughly equipped for every good work." (Timothy 3:16-17),

"Above all, you must understand that no prophecy of Scripture comes from the prophet’s own interpretation, For prophecy never had its origin in the human will, but prophets, though human, spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit," (2 Peter 1:20-21),

"For prophecy never had its origin in the human will, but prophets, though human, spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit," (2 Timothy 3:14-15),

"For whatever was written in earlier times was written for our instruction, so that through perseverance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope," (Romans 15:4),

"You study the Scriptures diligently because you think that in them you have eternal life. These are the very Scriptures that testify about me." (John 5:39), and

"This fulfills what is written in their Scriptures: ‘They hated me without cause." (John 15:25). 

But when you read this, "For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart. And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are open and laid bare to the eyes of Him with whom we have to do." (Hebrews 4:12-13), the Holy Bible (Scriptures) is not the Word of God, they are God Breated, the Bible cannot judge your thoughts or intentions of yoru heart, but Jesus reads thoughts, "Knowing their thoughts, Jesus said, "Why do you entertain evil thoughts in your hearts?," (Matthew 9:4), and the two edged sword of Word of God is that sword that comes from Jesus' Mouth, "13 He wore a robe dipped in blood, and his title was the Word of God. 14 The armies of heaven, dressed in the finest of pure white linen, followed him on white horses. 15 From his mouth came a sharp sword to strike down the nations," (Revelation 19:13-15), and "In his right hand he held seven stars, and coming out of his mouth was a sharp, double-edged sword. His face was like the sun shining in all its brilliance." (Revelation 1:16). 

The word of God in Scripture refers to Jesus Himself, if Jesus or Apostles are referring to Scripture they call it: a) Scripture, b) sacred writings, c) God's Commands, d) testimony of the Lord, e) written words of God, f) orcales of God, and etc. 

Thanks for sharing those scriptures, Fidei......though honestly brother, I kind of regard it that scripture is Jesus/God talking to me, to us, so I don't separate the Person from His Words.  Scripture is God-breathed, His breath (of life).......it is His truth and representative of Him, His own words....and yes, alive and active when we don't separate them from His Person/Spirit.  That's also why it's not just about being "correct" in doctrine, but we need to also become what scripture talks about, and be transformed.  Even the Pharisees who studied scripture constantly, missed the mark and had wrong attitudes because of rejecting the One who was breathing those scriptures.....they turned scripture into mere information.  So I'm more convinced than ever that we need to keep the two together in our minds and hearts and understanding.  Maybe another way of expressing it could be that I don't think of scripture as words that were breathed by God in the past, but that He is always breathing them since He is alive, and that is why they are alive and active.  Bless you.

• This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1

12 hours ago, Davida said:

If I read you correctly , you are saying the Bible is not the Word it is only Jesus? & that sound doctrine means Jesus also? 

No, your not reading it correctly:) The scriptures are a witness givin to us by God a written witness and record given by God, perserved by God and kept by God.

In the scriptures we are told..

"God has chosen what is  insignificant and despised in the world what is viewed as nothing (to bring to nothing what is viewed as something), so that no one can boast in His presence. But it is from Him that you are in Christ Jesus, who became God (given wisdom for us) our righteousness,  sanctification,and redemption, in order that, as it is written: The one who boasts must boast in the Lord.

(Look it up lisa paraphrase)

Then Paul also says...

"if anyone teaches other doctrine and does not agree with the sound teaching of our Lord Jesus Christ and with the teaching that promotes godliness"

(Look it up lisa paraphrase)

Paul also says

"For the time will come when they will not tolerate sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, will multiply teachers for themselves because they have an itch to hear something new."

(look it up)

In Titus it says

1. We must say the things that are consistent with sound teaching. 

2. We are to teach what is good examples from Titus that are good things to teach are: encourage the young women to love their husbands and to love their children. Teach people to be self-controlled. To be pure, to be kind. to be examples of Gods good works with integrity, dignity in teaching.

Message should be sound, above reproach

Make ourself an Your message is to be sound beyond reproach, so that the opponent will be ashamed, having nothing bad to say about us.

We should adorn the teaching of God our Savior in everything.

For the grace of God has appeared with salvation for all people, instructing us to deny godlessness and worldly lusts and to live in a sensible, righteous, and godly way in the present age. while we wait for the blessed hope and appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ. He gave Himself for us to redeem us from all lawlessness and to cleanse for Himself a people for His own possession, eager to do good works.

Say these things, and encourage and rebuke with all authority. Let no one disregard you.

So basically if people are not teaching what the Lord Jesus Christ taught and arn't teaching and encouraging people to walk in the nature of Christ in us, and walking in the nature Christ themselves the need to be taught not teaching. 

So my perspective is. People are not teachers of sound doctrin if the doctrin is not Christ's. If people are not sent by the Lord to proclaim the Lord They are sent by the spirit of anti Christ and need to hear the teachings of Christ so they can recieve the nature of Christ learn to walk in Christ so they can proclaim Christ:)

Good doctrin is Christ Jesus in us.

Edited by Reinitin
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1

13 hours ago, Yowm said:

https://www.worthychristianforums.com/topic/211991-faith-without-works-is-dead/?page=1

Below is my reply (first comment on that thread) to 'Bro Tan' . (Yes I tracked it down).

Now Reinitin, how did that start anything?

ok. The first comment i saw you make was something like "you were thinking you detected a faith by works teacherc which is like blood to the dog pack to start accusing, comdemning and posting tulip scriptures with out even asking the brother where his heart was because he posted scripture from james. Which we all know "all" scripture is good for us to hear and share.

So If that is your first post as you say. I apologize. My phone has a small screan so I can only view a dozen lines or so at a time since the quotes were very long i may have missed your first post and am referring to your second or third that brought in the accusers. 

• Praise God! 1

4 hours ago, Heleadethme said:

Thanks for sharing those scriptures, Fidei......though honestly brother, I kind of regard it that scripture is Jesus/God talking to me, to us, so I don't separate the Person from His Words.  Scripture is God-breathed, His breath (of life).......it is His truth and representative of Him, His own words....and yes, alive and active when we don't separate them from His Person/Spirit.  That's also why it's not just about being "correct" in doctrine, but we need to also become what scripture talks about, and be transformed.  Even the Pharisees who studied scripture constantly, missed the mark and had wrong attitudes because of rejecting the One who was breathing those scriptures.....they turned scripture into mere information.  So I'm more convinced than ever that we need to keep the two together in our minds and hearts and understanding.  Maybe another way of expressing it could be that I don't think of scripture as words that were breathed by God in the past, but that He is always breathing them since He is alive, and that is why they are alive and active.  Bless you.

I agree the words of Scripture proceed from God and are God Breathed (2 Timothy 3:16). However, my point is in Scripture if its the Word of God its Jesus directly, someone receiving Jesus Himself, while Scripture as you said is His words. Its like the difference between hearing Jesus' words or Himself who is the Word of God coming to dwell in you, born again, and relating to Him directly (1 John 4:15).