IGNORED

I have the feeling of doubt about being saved(testimony included)

MyLordsServant

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,184
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

A million words could be said about salvation ... but if you have not been born again by God The Holy Spirit entrance into your life it's all religious jargon

John 3:3 (KJV)

[3] Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

Really great and loving answers from all of you.
What might I add. Not much. Just be aware that the Adversary will often not give up without a fight.

GUILT is a main tactic. It is far different to CONVICTION from the Lord, because HE always gives us a clear reason and a direct path to forgiveness and reconciliation.
So if it is just a general feeling of baseless guilt that confuses you - its origin is probably evil. 

CONDEMNATION = SATAN
CONVICTION = GOD.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  2

I doubt that there's a single Christian who has not experienced doubts of some form or another; sometimes crippling doubts.  My experience has been that our doubts tend to disappear as we come to know God better and better over time.  Having a consistent daily walk with Him is one of the primary things that builds our trust and confidence.  The other thing is that over the months and years, we see His hand in our lives and others' lives.  Faith (or equivalently trust and confidence) in God is something that grows over time.  It does not grow from us trying to eliminate all traces of doubt through our own efforts but just simply by getting to know God more and more.

Consistent spiritual disciplines such as Bible reading, prayer, meditation, getting together regularly with other Christians, and so forth help us grow spiritually and to know God more and more.  A big part of faith, trust, and confidence is coming to know the character of God (and not just that God exists or that we're forgiven).  It is about getting a better and better sense of who God really is.

Related to this is that God has created us each to be unique individuals.  We each need to learn how to walk with Him in the unique way He intended for us to.  The methods, schedules, etc. of how and when to read the Bible, pray, etc. will look different for each of us and may change over our lives.  One of my pastors has been on the same Bible reading and prayer schedule for decades.  It works great for him.  I am a person that goes through changes perhaps every 3 to 6 months.  I'll have some discipline I focus intently on and pour a lot of effort into (for example, reading the Bible through once per month which I did 4 times in a row) that I grow a lot from.  Then all of a sudden, it just dries up and becomes a burden to me.  I've learned to then move onto something different.  This sequence of different emphases on different things that I needed to do at the time has helped me grow a lot.  This works for me because it's who God made me to be.  You need to learn how to walk with God that reflects who He made you to be.

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.51
  • Days Won:  0

12 hours ago, AscendedMasters333 said:

Today for 24 hours I dedicated my time to a fasting. No water, no food, only air(and the word of God). I dedicated this fasting to forgiveness. Forgiveness of my sins, and others. I bow, pray and ask for signs and forgiveness. But recently I've watched a video, where I realized the smallest sin will earn me the lake of fire. I want to make sure my soul is clean and pure. But I doubt, because I feel I need to ask forgiveness of others. But I don't know for what. Should I ask even if for nothing? Or have those sins been washed away? I have forgiven everyone (as far as I 'know' <_<).  

YES the smallest sin will earn you nothing but the lake of fire if you are unsaved, but When you have asked Jesus Christ for forgiveness for sins and accepted Him as your Saviour and King and you are born again in the Holy Ghost then you are forgiven. Saved. Period. Full stop. 

Remember too being saved doesnt make us perfect it makes us forgiven sinners. We do not have the right to continue to live an unregenerate life but we have the shed blood of Jesus to cleanse us and forgive us when we do happen to slip up a little and all of us will from time to time. 

Edited by TheMatrixHasU71
had to add something

11 hours ago, AscendedMasters333 said:

I don't believe ascended masters are incarnations, that's leaning towards the Hindu and Buddhist view. Ascended Masters to me, are more like prophets in the Bible who have been enlightened and ascended to heaven.

The whole Ascended Master thing is not biblical. No prophet in the bible would call themselves such. 

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, AscendedMasters333 said:

This is one thing I've never doubted. And a simple way for me to know that is, even if a person looks for it willingly, they will most likely not find a three digit sequence, more than 2 times in a day(for over 15 years). I've tried looking for it, but it never shows up. Only when I'm unaware, my head will turn straight towards it unwillingly. 

Hmmm...if you are implying that you are seeing some indirect reference to the Trinity, it would be more accurate to say 111. But that's just my 2c worth

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  479
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

12 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Hi,

Okay I read your post including the tstimony. I have read the responses. BUT hey wait a minute, what is with the title of the thread?-

"I have the feeling of doubt about being saved(testimony included)"

Nice testimony  I follow it,  even identify wth some of it, but what is the issue within it that has you doubting? Is it just  your sister being called "names"? Do you think there are steps to salvation required of you  that are as yet unfulfilled in your own actions to date? If so might you identify them, and decide if you want to share what they are?

Personally I don't think  your having called your sister names is the issue if there is one.  Still if you think your having called her names is hurting her today  and your relationship with her  today, by all means tell her you are sorry. But I don't see that as  an impediment to your salvation, obedience maybe, a missed opportunity to date for sharing of your testimony with your sister, perhaps. Even witnessing to your sister might be a need for her; but I think maybe there is another subject that has been giving you cause for your "concern". Could that be?  And what is it about this video you watched? How is it the smallest sin is going to make you lose your salvation? Is that what you think, that you  can/will  lose your salvation every time you sin?

I guess I feel it seems it's too easy to be saved, which is simply by believing. Some people say I need to baptize, which I plan on doing. But if I've already repented, what will it do for me?  For Christ says, John baptized with water, but I baptize with the spirit. If I have accepted Jesus then I have the spirit? Will I get the spirit after baptism? Or do I  have it now, without knowing. Does it come with out a great entrance into me? For it's written, all we need to be saved is the Holy Spirit and to believe in Jesus. 

Having reviewed my life over, the sister and parents thing, was the only thing I could find that I still needed to overcome(which I have now). I feel like my heart has been opened, but that's it. Reading the bible, every circumstance involving the Holy Spirit, resulted in great appearances. "A great wind blew and they all had the spirit". Or when they spoke in tongues. 

I've asked countless times from the father, to give me the Holy Spirit, but then I doubt thinking, what if I already have it. Now I look foolish for asking. I've sincerely done everything as stated in my testimony. I feel as though I should feel something even greater. Since I was saved, I believe I have committed no sins(that I'm aware of). Other than be prideful in my heart for a split second, which I repented for.

How do I know if my name is written in the book of life? I've asked these things in my contemplative prayers, but nothing has been revealed. Is it because I still lack something? 

Another thing I worry greatly about, is what small sins I may not notice, that will earn me the lake of fire. The video I watched: I seen a testimony...by a pastor who died for 3 days, who was sent to look at heaven then hell. The angel showing him said, "you would have been sent here(hell) if you were to die today. Because you didn't forgive your wife". Even if this story isn't true, the principle is. That over such a small thing, anything, we can lose our eternal life.

7 hours ago, Davida said:

Let me say , I am truly happy for you that the LORD GOD opened your ears to hear His Word & you proclaimed who He IS. Did you give your life to the Lord Jesus too? Your uncle is an elder in the Church, I would take his advice, assume it was motivated by the Holy Spirit.  By submitting to the Lord Jesus we also submit to the worldly spiritual authority he gives us, that means family elders & church elders. Sounds to me like a little earthly pride might cause you not to want to ask your parents for forgiveness or to harbor some unforgiveness towards them? You ask why should you ask their forgiveness? Was there not ever rebellion in your heart? and did you ever dishonor your parents, disobey, feel resentments, were dishonest with them? Were you angry with them?  Ask the Lord God about that issue. 

That aside-- Perhaps there is a reason you are still feeling unrest, doubt & unforgiven? God gives us a conscience for a reason to guide us. It could be the Lord revealing conviction of sin because there is unconfessed sin? all previous New Age spiritual pollution you need to get cleansed of. Get rid of any books on it, delete links from your computer, stop watching videos on it, stop thinking about it.  As we read in the Bible the LORD GOD identifies these spiritual paths as committing spiritual adultery against Him & it defiles us spiritually & we need to ask Him to cleanse us & as we study the Word of God it sanctifies us. So , just need to say there are No ascended masters-those are demonic spirits & demonic doctrines. It concerns me that you use a New Age & occultic avatar name , still, though you said "Jesus is my master" i must question. So is JESUS your Lord & Saviour? are you completely humbled and surrendered to Lord Jesus in every way? How about making a fresh commitment to the Lord Jesus & a new handle that honors Jesus Christ & your turning back to Him? See, we can't have it both ways , we can't accept Jesus as Lord & believe in other paths or keep any door open to that. If a person has gone into enemy spiritual territory in the past, they need to confess it and repent of it, and it helps if it is done in the presence of a Pastor or elders & having them pray with & for you. The reading any New age/occultic spiritual material in books or on the web it does effect a person spiritually, & does pollute your mind, & manner thinking, even if you don't become a practitioner of those paths.

The Lord Jesus loves you, He can & will deliver you, He can set you free & will cleanse you from any of that if that was the case if you sincerely open your heart confess & repent. Just ask in prayer what is causing these doubts? All those past topics you read about are doctrines of demons & should be avoided completely & that includes eastern mystical meditative techniques like contemplative meditation or mindfulness meditation. Being a Christian is a right relationship with the LORD GOD through HIS son, our Lord Jesus Christ -sometimes we need to work on that relationship with HIM by asking Him to show us where we have caused offence & to let us now be humbled and ask His forgiveness. Hope this helps for what it's worth.

2Chronicles 7:14 " 14and My people who are called by My name humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, will forgive their sin and will heal their land. "

Yes, I gave my life to Jesus my Savior and my Lord. Ever since I've started reading the Bible, I've not looked upon any neo-spiritual doctrines, I've never worshiped anything however. I only read to build together my ideas of the world. Regardless, I've thrown all of that away a while ago. I've been reading the Bible atleast 2-4 hours daily. Re-reading and understanding more.

I ask daily for him to reveal himself, to forgive, for peace, the spirit, and more.

Contemplative meditation, is simply praying in my mind. Not chanting, or sitting in any positions. "Be still and know that I am God". Con-temple, meaning to pray in the temple, in deep thought. Sometimes I pray in my mind laying in bed. Other times throughout the day at work. I can't always pray out loud, which I don't do very often. Like I said, I "do it better", in my mind and heart.

10 minutes ago, Davida said:

what about the "ascended masters" and that belief in that number? That is just wrong. Prayer is best out loud when possible. 

I dont worship that name or the numbers. I've never come to understand what it fully means. So I don't pay as much attention. But I pray if it is a sign, then I don't want to ignore it. God loves numbers and I don't doubt that being a way of communicating. 

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  2,428
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

52 minutes ago, AscendedMasters333 said:

I dont worship that name or the numbers. I've never come to understand what it fully means. So I don't pay as much attention. But I pray if it is a sign, then I don't want to ignore it. God loves numbers and I don't doubt that being a way of communicating. 

If you truly gave those things up, then,  your title or avatar name here does not reflect that. It is just a name, but names  do have some attachments or meaning too.   Please don't think i am being invasive on your choice which is your prerogative,  but you have to let it all go.  We are now servants of the Lord and i am sure you can choose something else. There is one guy here with the name " Giggling Appy" , which i found amusing.  On one rare occasion i stopped by in the chat and asked him how he got that and he said something to the effect, it is a horse breed.   That name [ the OP name] sound like it has occult affiliation.

Edited by warrior12
  • Thanks 1