• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  505
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  1

15 minutes ago, Abdicate said:

Yes, you gave them before. I don't believe they're correct and it shows by the "1 year ministry of Jesus" when John clearly shows after His baptism He celebrated three Passovers. The dating falls apart from Babylon on, which is normal when you use history instead of the word of God. I believe it's 5993.

If you're correct then the 7 year tribulation should have already begun this year in 2017 but the temple still has not been built, the anti-Christ has not appeared nor taken over the world and the apostasy hasn't happened. So it cant be that year yet. 

I noticed other errors in your time line like Jesus being born in 7BC when it was the 11th September 3BC.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

2 hours ago, Abdicate said:

You need the 100th penny to make a buck... and who says it has to be before 6000th year? So I am correct and we are NOT in the tribulation. You have Jesus born in 3 BC (2 Tishri???!! Why?) after Herod's death in 4 BC who killed the babies when Jesus was born. And you still wrong about the length of His ministry. I suggest you stick to the word of God. But I guess we'll agree to disagree.

actually Herod died in 1BC not 4.....   secondly Luke speaks of things happening on the 15th year of Tiberus's reign....   He took over running the country because of his ailing father in 12AD and when you figure those things that Luke speaks of would be starting Jesus's ministry in 26D and his birth in 3BC   Tertullian also agrees.

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,182
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

On ‎27‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 7:12 AM, Justin Adams said:

Peace:

Am I understanding that we have 12 years left?
How does this line up with the Hebrew calendar and what years are elapsed so far in their reckoning?

Hi Justin Adams,

I believe we only have a bit over 2 years till the trib, and then 7 years of the trib. I am at present preparing my notes, (easy to follow (no big calculations) with Jewish calendar,  as it does concern them). I will post them in my blog area. Hope you will comment.

regards, Marilyn.

58 minutes ago, Abdicate said:

Furthermore, if Jesus was born in 3 BC and He died in 29 AD He would have died at 25... He didn't start His ministry until "...about thirty..." Additionally, 29 AD, 14 Nisan was a Saturday and the Jew's Passover was on Sunday. Ya'll need to use a calculator at the least. Remember there is no year zero, 1BC turns into 1AD.

Just looking at known history and the book of Luke....

10 hours ago, Abdicate said:

You need the 100th penny to make a buck... and who says it has to be before 6000th year? So I am correct and we are NOT in the tribulation. You have Jesus born in 3 BC (2 Tishri???!! Why?) after Herod's death in 4 BC who killed the babies when Jesus was born. And you still wrong about the length of His ministry. I suggest you stick to the word of God. But I guess we'll agree to disagree.

That's another error on you time line, Herod died in 1BC: https://www.biblicalarchaeology.org/daily/people-cultures-in-the-bible/jesus-historical-jesus/herods-death-jesus-birth-and-a-lunar-eclipse/

Jesus' birth: https://goodnessofgodministries.wordpress.com/2011/12/22/when-was-jesus-christ-born-the-bible-says-september-11-3bc-the-day-of-the-feast-of-trumpets/

Jesus' 1 year ministry (16 months):  http://historical-jesus.info/appb.html

The above are just a snippet of the information available. 

• Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,604
  • Content Per Day:  3.98
  • Days Won:  21

8 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Justin Adams,

I believe we only have a bit over 2 years till the trib, and then 7 years of the trib. I am at present preparing my notes, (easy to follow (no big calculations) with Jewish calendar,  as it does concern them). I will post them in my blog area. Hope you will comment.

regards, Marilyn.

Thanks Marilyn.

Please message me with you notes if possible. I just feel unable to make a complete determination since I am unsure of the exact time-line and do not want to mislead. It all tends to make my head spin a bit.
I do not normally post unless I am very sure of myself.
Seeking truth, and more to the point, exposing error seems to be my main goal. Otherwise I steer clear.
I am always interested to read other's take on future events though. Because some folk are much better gifted this way. Always willing to learn, but once I have got it established in my mind, I am hard to budge: that's why I want it to be correct.
I find that past prophesy fulfillment is a very powerful witnessing tool.

9 hours ago, Abdicate said:

Furthermore, if Jesus was born in 3 BC and He died in 29 AD He would have died at 25... He didn't start His ministry until "...about thirty..." Additionally, 29 AD, 14 Nisan was a Saturday and the Jew's Passover was on Sunday. Ya'll need to use a calculator at the least. Remember there is no year zero, 1BC turns into 1AD.

Urrr I think you need a calculator; 3BC to 29AD is 31 years not 25 years.

Anyway Jesus died in 30AD 7th April (14th Aviv).   

12 hours ago, other one said:

actually Herod died in 1BC not 4.....   secondly Luke speaks of things happening on the 15th year of Tiberus's reign....   He took over running the country because of his ailing father in 12AD and when you figure those things that Luke speaks of would be starting Jesus's ministry in 26D and his birth in 3BC   Tertullian also agrees.

Yep Herod died in 1BC but Tiberius' reign was not made official till a month after Augustus death (19/8/14AD) when The Senate convened on 18 September 14AD to validate Tiberius's position as Princep and, as it had done with Augustus before, extend the powers of the position to him: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiberius

I believe the Bible when Luke wrote: 

Luke 3:1-3
1 In the fifteenth year of the reign of Tiberius Caesar, when Pontius Pilate was governor of Judea, Herod tetrarch of Galilee, his brother Philip tetrarch of Iturea and Traconitis, and Lysanias tetrarch of Abilene, 2 during the high priesthood of Annas and Caiaphas, the word of God came to John son of Zechariah in the wilderness. 3 He went into all the country around the Jordan, preaching a baptism of repentance for the forgiveness of sins.

Therefore the 15th year was from 18th September 28AD to 18th September 29AD, which matches with this verse:

John 2:20
They replied, “It has taken forty six years to build this temple, and you are going to raise it in three days?” 

This was said to Jesus when He cleared the temple before the first Passover of His ministry, history records Herod became king in 37 BC and Josephus records Herod began to rebuild the temple in his 18th year, which was therefore from 20 to 19 BC. Adding 46 years to this arrives at 27 to 28 AD and thus the 47th year in which this was said was from 28 to 29AD. And lastly it also ties in with this verse:

Luke 3:23
Now Jesus himself was about thirty years old when he began his ministry.

It can be known that Jesus was born on 11th September 3BC and therefore He turned 30 on the 11th September 29AD. 

Jesus died on the 7th April 30AD after ministry that only lasted just over a year: 

http://historical-jesus.info/appb.html

Isaiah 61:2
to proclaim the year of the LORD’S favour.

Just now, other one said:

because of his fathers health condition he actually took over and was running the country...  official or not...    we will most likely just have to disagree.

Augustus was not his father (stepfather, father-in-law, and adoptive father) and Tiberius had not taken over the country at all in fact under Augustus' direction Tiberius received the position of Quaestor which was a low ranking political position. 

Historians take reigns from when they are made official, Luke would have done like wise and as said it matches the other two date that the Bible gives.

I trust the bible.

5 minutes ago, When Is Jesus Coming? said:

Augustus was not his father (stepfather, father-in-law, and adoptive father) and Tiberius had not taken over the country at all in fact under Augustus' direction Tiberius received the position of Quaestor which was a low ranking political position. 

Historians take reigns from when they are made official, Luke would have done like wise and as said it matches the other two date that the Bible gives.

I trust the bible.

I believe the book of John mentions three Passovers during Jesus's ministry....    It looks to me like his ministry lasted at least two full years and probably three.

btw, when you've grown up with a step father, you relate that person as your father....   don't be so technical.