The Reply:

THE CATHOLIC EXTENSION MAGAZINE
180 Wabash Ave., Chicago, Illinois
(Under the Blessing of Pop Pius XI)

Dear sir:
    Regarding the change from the observance of the Jewish Sabbath to the
    Christian Sunday, I wish to draw your attention to the facts:

>     (1) That Protestants, who accept the Bible as the only rule of faith
>   and religion, should by all means go back to the observance of the Sabbath.
    The fact that they do not, but on the contrary observe the Sunday, stultifies
    them in the eyes of every thinking man.

(2) We Catholics do not accept the Bible as the only rule of faith.
    Besides the Bible we have the living Church, the authority of the Church,
    as a rule to guide us.  We say, this Church instituted by Christ, to teach
    and guide men through life, has the right to change the Ceremonial laws of
    the Old Testament and hence, we accept her change of the Sabbath to the Sunday.
    We frankly say, "yes, the Church made this change, made this law, as she
    made many other laws, for instance, the Friday Abstinence, the unmarried
    priesthood, the laws concerning mixed marriages, the regulation of Catholic
    marriages, and a thousand other laws."

(3) We also say that of all Protestants, the Seventh-day Adventists are
    the only group that reason correctly and are consistent with their
    teachings.  It is always somewhat laughable to see the Protestant Churches,
    in pulpit and legislature, demand the observance of Sunday of which there
    is nothing in the Bible.

With best wishes,
    Peter R. Tramer, Editor

"Finally, at the last opening on the eighteenth of January 1562, all hesitation was set aside. The Archbishop of Reggio made a speech in which he openly declared that tradition stood above scripture. The authority of the church could therefore not be bound to the authority of the Scriptures, because the church had changed... Sabbath into Sunday, not by the command of Christ, but by its own authority." [ Heinrich Julius Holtzmann, Kanon und Tradition (Ludwigsburg: Druck and Verlag von Ferd Riehm), 1859, page 263 in the German ]

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

6 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

It is so sad. And is in error.

I mean Christian error, not legalism.

It is like forcing others to read the bible a fixed amount of hours a day. That is up to each individual, I cannot force anyone on how they dedicate their time to the Lord and which days.

In Christ, they are free to choose how they will do such things.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

On 10/28/2017 at 2:39 PM, 4LdKHVCzRDj2 said:
On 10/28/2017 at 12:36 PM, Yowm said:

Different huh? Maybe next they will be promoting bestiality...that's different. :groan:

The world is heading to perdition and destruction, and those who follow it will end up in the same destiny. The difference between believers and unbelievers will just grow each day.

The world can be won to Christ, one heart at a time.

This does not mean it will be.

Too many believers are playing the game of religion. 

Religion is about rules. Rules are an addition to saving faith (dare I say nullifying that faith).

Do we seek to save others (regardless of their sins and evil, which we also have) or to condemn them for having the same flaws as us (according to the rules of religion)?

Yes every sin one can name is wrong and evil.

But if God were in the judging the minutia religion most believers seem to be in we would all be lost. 

That was the point of the Law of Moses. We CAN'T measure up to his minimum standards without the imputed righteousness of the Savior.

I wish I could recall who it was in Europe whose sermons converted people by the hundreds of thousands. When his maid asked how he did it, she explained how he would cry like a baby for the lost souls in his study. 

THAT'S how we should all be.

We beat our breasts with religious pride that we have the keys to God's kingdom in Christ... we play religious games with religious rules adding to faith... Pharisees did it too.  Do we mourn for the lost? Do we pity them? Do we pray for them? We may cower in fear to warn them about hell and tell them about Jesus, but we can at least pray. Hard to badmouth folks you are sincerely praying for.

Dr. Chuck Missler made a interesting point about homosexuality in the Bible. That the judgement received was not for the act itself but the lack of faith that devolved into the activity.

When he returns, will the Son of man truly find faith on the Earth?

The Topic is False Prophets.

False prophecy goes a lot further and deeper into what most orthodox Christians believe to be true.

Many denominations try to bring Old Testament Law into New Testament Grace which according to scripture nullifies the new covenant.

Galatians 5 (AV)
1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.
2 Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing.
3 For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law.
4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.
5 For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.
6 For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.
7 Ye did run well; who did hinder you that ye should not obey the truth?
8 This persuasion cometh not of him that calleth you.
9 A little leaven leaveneth the whole lump.
10 I have confidence in you through the Lord, that ye will be none otherwise minded: but he that troubleth you shall bear his judgment, whosoever he be.
11 And I, brethren, if I yet preach circumcision, why do I yet suffer persecution? then is the offence of the cross ceased.
12 I would they were even cut off which trouble you.
13 For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another.
14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
15 But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another.
16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.
19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
24 And they that are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
26 Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.

Ephesians 2:8–10 (AV)
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Yowm said:

Not sure why you quoted me and then proceeded to lecture me about something I never was talking about. I quoted the OP's quote saying, " Today I was watching TV and something caught my attention, it was someone talking in a charity program claiming to be gay and encouraging others to embrace what is different. ".

So I responded with something like,... 'Different? If they want something different how about bestiality?'

It had nothing to do with aiming at condemning as if my righteousness comes from another source than Christ Jesus but it was aimed at showing the absurd direction of that type of thinking...the very approach Jesus and the apostles often used.

Read it again. Context of the one who quoted you.

Also my responses are to the general reader.

Seldom ever do I answer / single out just an individual in the open forum.

That's what PMs are for.

I was speaking (again) to the general reader / audience and the Body Christian certainly needs this lecture (as you call it).

So this has been one of the excepts when I direct a post to an individual, Yowm.

Be well.

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

We may all lecture each other to a standstill. The point is False Prophets are somewhat more demonstrative. Quotes are relevant, yes, but most of us are preaching to the choir.
What we need are some One-Two-Three Points to aid readers. Or, like below, some examples.
If we quote whole bible chapters, the readers eyes glaze over and we miss that opportunity.
We might give examples of False Prophets; clear and concise and to the point.

Here are a couple of examples. 

She shakes her head back and forth so violently that it looks like it’s gonna fall off. The interesting thing about this is that though her mouth is shaking this harshly and is turning toward and away from the microphone rapidly, there is no ascension nor diminishing of the sound of her voice. This is un-natural. Being the son of a sound man I know a lot about mics, modulation, singing too close to the mic and being too far from it. I know that the slightest movement of the mic will cause your voice to lose volume in amplifiers. Bringing it too close makes the speakers fuzzy. None of this is recorded while she “prophesies”. You’ll have to listen to Pat King talk for a few minutes, which is quite nauseating in itself, but just hang on for a little over 5 minutes. It gets real good after that…

For those of you who have never been a part of this “prophetic movement” as I have been, this will shock you out of your skin.

In my opinion, it is simply satanic that she is able to do this. This kind of violent and spasmodic behavior is never found in the bible’s prophets, but is found in every satanic cult you can think of ranging from Satanism, Wicca, Hinduism and many others. This is a disgrace to the Spirit of God”.

[http://www.inplainsite.org/html/false_prophecy.html]

THE ANOINTING It would be difficult to find a charismatic/evangelical service/program/tract/book that is not liberally sprinkled with the word 'Anointed, which has become, arguably, the most overused, misunderstood, misinterpreted term in the Pentecostal and Charismatic arenas. Virtually all the references to the ‘anointing’ place it in the category of a commodity... something that not all Christians possess and that the minister in question can bestow on others. However, there is no precise definition as to what this "anointing" is, and no uniformity of belief as to how it can be acquired or imparted. According to many evangelicals anything can be 'anointed', including services, speakers, preachers, music, television programs, prayer cloths, swords, web sites, oil, cornmeal, red thread etc. etc.

Since the only true test of the spiritual is to check what the Scriptures have to say on the subject, the smartest thing we can do is to take an in-depth look at what, according to the Scriptures, the words “anointing” or “anointed” mean, how they are used in both Old and New Testaments, and who the anointed ones in the Bible were. Only after we are armed with this knowledge, can we possibly be in a position to decide whether the teachings/beliefs of so modern day Charismatics have a Biblical basis, or not.

Edited by Justin Adams
syn

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,469
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

On 10/28/2017 at 12:36 PM, Yowm said:

Different huh? Maybe next they will be promoting bestiality...that's different. :groan:

With the advent of no more Hebees and Shebees (gender neutrality), and you're an IT, and waking up in the morning as a biological male, and deciding you feel like you're a women today and you have the 'right' to use the women's bathroom and female facilities. With governments and institutions supporting this agenda. Does the above seem to be so far fetched?

Just thirty years ago who would have thunk such a thing? Our national morality is degrading faster than I can keep up with. If you're keeping up with it, bestiality is already on the agenda and being pushed as a right.

Sick - sick - sick!

Thirty years ago, who would have thought 1-2% of the population could change the moral standards and laws of this nation? That over half of the population either supports the gay agenda or doesn't care one way or the other? We're on the course of Sodom and Gomorrah, no I take that back, were there, it's the law of the land.

More and more denominations, churches and preachers are adopting the gay agenda as Biblically acceptable, marrying gays and appointing openly gay clergy. I'd say that this falls under false prophets and this thread.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

33 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

More and more denominations, churches and preachers are adopting the gay agenda as Biblically acceptable, marrying gays and appointing openly gay clergy. I'd say that this falls under false prophets and this thread.

False for sure. I would be interested to know what verses they use.

Yesterday the HOME OFFICE threw a fit (London Times) when another branch of the government suggested that gender neutral pregnancies be referred to as, "Pregnant Persons" and not "Pregnant Women".

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,469
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

2 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

False for sure. I would be interested to know what verses they use.

Yesterday the HOME OFFICE threw a fit (London Times) when another branch of the government suggested that gender neutral pregnancies be referred to as, "Pregnant Persons" and not "Pregnant Women".

This world has gone Topsy turvy crazy. Speaking of America, I truly believe the Lord has turned His face away from us, because we have abandoned Him and His laws, and left us over to our own depravity and lusts.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

5 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

This world has gone Topsy turvy crazy. Speaking of America, I truly believe the Lord has turned His face away from us, because we have abandoned Him and His laws, and left us over to our own depravity and lusts.

It does seem that way on the surface. When I was last living in KY I noticed how ineffectual most churches were. They had gone over to the other side with its Psycho-Heresy and lack of Power. I was like a fish, stranded.

But, I think there are still many, "that have not bowed the knee to Baal" in our Great nation.