• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,447
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

31 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

Look in the worthychristianlibrary.com for things Scriptural - it is tried, tested, proven and truth in and from Scripture.

When you find ekklesia and men of Yahweh devoted to Yahweh by faith in Jesus and abiding in Him and His Word abiding in them, Yahweh Willing,  they agree.

Also , there's no arguing there.  The forum is wide open to the whole world practically, thus to false teachings, and perhaps more than truth,  but the library is "secure" .... (still, always test everything) ....

Humm. First I've heard of Worthy Christian Library? I'll have to check it out, thanks!

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,182
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

1 hour ago, Dennis1209 said:

I'm still on the fence on mystery Babylon. Is it the actual city, symbolic, figurative of an economic system, religious system, commerce, all them? That's one of those questions biblical scholars and academics can never agree on.

Hi Dennis,

A good point to consider is that the 10 kings burn the whore, so if it was the city (& not just in or of the city) then why do the kings, merchants etc later on mourn the city`s destruction by God. We can`t have it both ways , can we. (ie. 10 kings burning, destroying the city and later on God burning, destroying the city).  Thus I believe the false religion is in the city. What is burnt is the buildings and infrastructure that control the religions of the world from the city.

regards, Marilyn.

27 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Dennis,

A good point to consider is that the 10 kings burn the whore, so if it was the city (& not just in or of the city) then why do the kings, merchants etc later on mourn the city`s destruction by God. We can`t have it both ways , can we. (ie. 10 kings burning, destroying the city and later on God burning, destroying the city).  Thus I believe the false religion is in the city. What is burnt is the buildings and infrastructure that control the religions of the world from the city.

regards, Marilyn.

Hi Marilyn,

You have a good point and the Bible does say it's a city, and I agree, but what city? I've always thought this mystery Babylon was the Vatican / Rome (on seven hills, etc.), it makes the most sense to me. However, it sounds like Revelation 18: 3, 11, 15 and 23 are talking about Babylon. It's a mystery to me for a number of reasons. Evidently this city is heavily involved in trade and commerce, making the kings of the earth rich and they morn for her loss? So, what city is a great merchant? Certainly not Rome, Italy or the Vatican? So I'm puzzled?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,957
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Days Won:  0

The "city" is the leader of all of the cities of the nations .... if the dating of the Lord's return is soon, the USA is the city

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,182
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

5 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

Hi Marilyn,

You have a good point and the Bible does say it's a city, and I agree, but what city? I've always thought this mystery Babylon was the Vatican / Rome (on seven hills, etc.), it makes the most sense to me. However, it sounds like Revelation 18: 3, 11, 15 and 23 are talking about Babylon. It's a mystery to me for a number of reasons. Evidently this city is heavily involved in trade and commerce, making the kings of the earth rich and they morn for her loss? So, what city is a great merchant? Certainly not Rome, Italy or the Vatican? So I'm puzzled?

Hi Dennis,

Very good question there bro. And you are right it does say the city is Babylon. However looking at today`s picture we can find that hard to understand. But then let`s follow what God says. We know that the `Assyrian` has to arise as a peace negotiator (you can see my candidate in my recent blog). And we know that there has to be a gigantic, absolute humungous economic crash soon, (& BTW the centrals banks have just started reining in their debts....therefore soon...)

So after the Russian war, and the peace negotiator arises, and the world leaders are wanting to know more of this person, they will be asking him concerning the economic difficulties the world is having. Then this skilful, cunning person, will introduce Islamic banking to solve the world`s continue inflation & recessions. I hope to do a series just on this person and his cunning policies.

Also Babylon is being rebuilt and as the world`s oldest heritage sire it will become the world`s most number one attraction. Even now the universities over in Iraq are teaching (by the UN) the next generation that to be economically viable their country needs to be focussed on tourism. And historic tourism heads the list. So....lots to watch in the coming days.

regards, Marilyn.  

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  977
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

ARE YOU READY FOR THIS????

Matthew 24:6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumors of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.
7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.
8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.
9 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name’s sake.

So, in verse 6 above we have a growing escalation in the troubles. At first, rumors, then in verse 7, actual war. Nations against nations…kingdom against kingdom. On top of that is added famine, pestilence, and other natural disasters. For the true follower of Jesus, these are the beginning of sorrows. These things have indeed begun, and for those of us who have compassion and love for our fellow man, these times are indeed a sorrowful time. In particular, we witness terrorism in many places, and we are horrified by the acts of atrocity being perpetrated against so many innocent people, by a variety of groups, and in so many different ways. But notice verse 9, things are going to change. Where the nations were at each others throats…where there were factions and sects and revolutionary groups attacking one another through verses 6-8, and they being the beginning of sorrows, in verse 9 all of a sudden we are presented with those very same groups, the “they”, being all the powers previously mentioned in verse 7, joining together, uniting under a common banner, to do to God’s people what they had been formerly doing to each other. This is the real sorrow.
There is a power who is today guiding the current events of violence and war. At the moment that power is arming both sides, inciting the conflict, for the sole purpose to bring about the union spoken of in verse 9. And when that union is complete, that power will then turn on the only group of people who have not joined in this unholy union of church and state, spoken of so revealingly in the book of Revelation…Babylon the Great.
That power is the Vatican, and it is through her agents, the Jesuits, that she is controlling the present “controlled crisis” and it will be those same Jesuits who will turn against the true followers of Jesus when the time is right.

Are you ready for this? Are you a true follower of Jesus, or will you join in the coming Vatican sponsored UN globalist agenda (and recently promulgated by the lieing serpent the late Bishop Tony Palmer  supported by the likes of Kenneth Copeland, and many other leading apostates)  and persecute those who disagree with your agenda?

Edited by brakelite

18 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Dennis,

Very good question there bro. And you are right it does say the city is Babylon. However looking at today`s picture we can find that hard to understand. But then let`s follow what God says. We know that the `Assyrian` has to arise as a peace negotiator (you can see my candidate in my recent blog). And we know that there has to be a gigantic, absolute humungous economic crash soon, (& BTW the centrals banks have just started reining in their debts....therefore soon...)

So after the Russian war, and the peace negotiator arises, and the world leaders are wanting to know more of this person, they will be asking him concerning the economic difficulties the world is having. Then this skilful, cunning person, will introduce Islamic banking to solve the world`s continue inflation & recessions. I hope to do a series just on this person and his cunning policies.

Also Babylon is being rebuilt and as the world`s oldest heritage sire it will become the world`s most number one attraction. Even now the universities over in Iraq are teaching (by the UN) the next generation that to be economically viable their country needs to be focussed on tourism. And historic tourism heads the list. So....lots to watch in the coming days.

regards, Marilyn.  

Your views closely resemble mine. If my understanding of scripture is correct and it's not symbolic or figurative, the city Babylon needs to be rebuilt. I've suspected for a long time that the United Nations and/or the Vatican might relocate there for a couple of reasons. 

In my opinion we are deeply into the end-times. As far as I know, Saddam Hussein started to rebuild Babylon a little but that all stopped at the Gulf war. I haven't really kept track, but are they continuing to rebuild the city with purpose? It takes a long time to rebuild a city, and its infrastructure, utilities, sanitation, etc. 

I'm going over to your blog now and educate myself a little :D

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  317
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

Lately, I've viewed this from a figurative, spiritual stance such that it is a representation of a person. If I allow myself that liberty, then the rest of the verse must describe that person as well. After which, the rest of Chapter 18 is seems "unhidden". 

Rev 18:1 (KJV) And after these things I saw another angel come down from heaven, having great power; and the earth was lightened with his glory

"angel": messenger, envoy, one who is sent, by implication a pastor. Young's Literal Translation uses the word 'messenger'. In the literal sense, a person that is sent by God with a message. The message in this case is that Babylon has fallen; again, the message being figurative in which Babylon represents something literal.

This messenger must meet these criteria:

1. come from heaven
  2. have great power
  3. light up the earth with his glory

Christ fits all three of these criteria.

Concerning Christ's ability to light up the earth with his glory, here are a number of verses that capture this sentiment using imagery of the sun:

Malachi 4:2 (KJV) But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall.

[Luk 1:78-79 KJV] 78 Through the tender mercy of our God; whereby the dayspring from on high hath visited us, 79 To give light to them that sit in darkness and [in] the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace.

[Jhn 1:9 KJV] 9 [That] was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

[Jhn 8:12 KJV] 12 Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

[Mat 17:2 KJV] 2 And was transfigured before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was white as the light.

[Rev 1:7, 16 KJV] 7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they [also] which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen. ... 16 And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance [was] as the sun shineth in his strength.

[Rev 22:16 KJV] 16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, [and] the bright and morning star.

To conclude, Christ is the glorious light that shines on earth.

I am of the persuasion that Christ was conceived by the Holy Spirit. In regard to Rev 18:1 the immaculate conception can be viewed as the sending of Christ by God, or phrased another way coming down from heaven. Christ was sent from God in heaven to with a message of hope and to fulfill God's will. 

[Jhn 3:13 KJV] 13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, [even] the Son of man which is in heaven.

[Jhn 8:23 KJV] 23 And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.

[Jhn 17:16, 18 KJV] 16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. ... 18 As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.

Christ descended from Heaven by God through the natural process of birth with a message.