• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  649
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0

9 hours ago, Last Daze said:

The return of Christ is unlike any other time in history.  It has no precedent.  For six millennia Satan has been the god of this world.  That will come to an abrupt end.  The circumstances are unique.

Christ's return & His posture through the ages  towards obedient & faithful people are two separate things .

Neither being conflicted or constrained by the other .

9 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

This Demonstrates that you don't really understand the pretrib rapture.   It is not a remnant theme doctrine; it is not a doctrine at all.   The whole church is taken out, not a small remnant while the rest are left on earth to perish.   You clearly don't know what we teach. You are putting forth caricature of our teaching, and not framing it correctly.

My comments were not directed at pretrib rapture adherents . 

My concern are the others .

9 hours ago, hmbld said:

Yeah I missed his point too when I pointed this out. He knows but was trying to make a point with sarcasm I think. 

My point is different .

My point is that in all the thousands of years of God's interaction with groups of faithful & obedient children , not once has He ever caused such a group to suffer group destruction .

And no one can name even one instance of such .

In all the scripture . 

Yet in spite of God's teaching for thousands of years that it is his His character to do so , the heart of man  declares that this one time  God will Change in a negative way 

and fall asleep at the switch as those faithful and obedient to Him are slaughtered .

What drives them to declare that God , " the same yesterday , today , and forever  "   will change in the future , in a decidedly negative way ,  towards a large group of faithful & obedient followers and allow most of them to be destroyed  is beyond me . 

" My help cometh from the Lord , which made heaven and earth ...He that keepeth thee will not slumber ."   ( Psalm 121 : 2-3 )

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  4

31 minutes ago, Unfailing Presence said:

Christ's return & His posture through the ages  towards obedient & faithful people are two separate things .

Neither being conflicted or constrained by the other .

Sometimes obedient and faithful people are martyred for their faith.  Sometimes they are delivered from trouble.  The number of people involved is irrelevant.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

9 minutes ago, Unfailing Presence said:

My point is different .

My point is that in all the thousands of years of God's interaction with groups of faithful & obedient children , not once has He ever caused such a group to suffer group destruction .

And no one can name even one instance of such .

In all the scripture . 

Yet in spite of God's teaching for thousands of years that it is his His character to do so , the heart of man  declares that this one time  God will Change in a negative way 

and fall asleep at the switch as those faithful and obedient to Him are slaughtered .

What drives them to declare that God , " the same yesterday , today , and forever  "   will change in the future , in a decidedly negative way ,  towards a large group of faithful & obedient followers and allow most of them to be destroyed  is beyond me . 

" My help cometh from the Lord , which made heaven and earth ...He that keepeth thee will not slumber ."   ( Psalm 121 : 2-3 )

Yet many many people have been and will be persecuted unto torture and even death. You seem to be saying God does not allow physical death to groups of believers. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Last Daze said:

Sometimes obedient and faithful people are martyred for their faith.  Sometimes they are delivered from trouble.  The number of people involved is irrelevant.

There are multiple  instances in scripture , given by God Himself , of groups of faithful & obedient being rescued by God Himself.

But there is not one example  anywhere in God's word of Him abandoning a group of faithful and obedient people to death in their day of trouble .

You  can't name one because there are none . 

" I will both lay me down in peace , and sleep for thou Lord only makest me dwell in safety . "    ( Psalms 4 : 8 )

Edited by Unfailing Presence

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  4

3 minutes ago, Unfailing Presence said:

There are multiple  instances in scripture , given by God Himself , of groups of faithful & obedient being rescued by God Himself.

But there is not one example  anywhere in God's word of Him abandoning a group of faithful and obedient people to death in their day of trouble .

You  can't name one because there at none . 

" I will both lay me down in peace , and sleep for thou Lord only makest me dwell in safety . "    ( Psalms 4 : 8 )

Everyone dies.  "Groups" have nothing to do with anything.  God never abandons His people.  Never has.  Never will.  Have a great life.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  156
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  651
  • Content Per Day:  0.24

7 hours ago, inchrist said:

Rev 4:1-2 shows John only in heaven.....no church

After this I looked, and there before me was a door standing open in heaven. And the voice I had first heard speaking to me like a trumpet said, “Come up here, and I will show you what must take place after this.” At once I was in the Spirit, and there before me was a throne in heavenwith someone sitting on it

Certainly not crystal clear is it? I dont see any church mentioned here.

You do release you have no literal pretrib rapture verse. Literaly showing an actual pre trib rapture.

Thanks for your input expressing your views.  Jesus used the apostle John, in Rev.4:1-2, to symbolically represent the Church, prior to the start of the tribulation, confirming 2 Thess.2:3 and 7-8.  Near the wend of the tribulation, the marriage of the Bride/Church will take place in Rev.19-7-8, in heaven, while the tribulation is taking place on earth.  Jesus will then return in His second coming, WITH his Church, in verse 14, in His armies from heaven

Quasar93.. 

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  3,490
  • Content Per Day:  0.96

3 hours ago, Unfailing Presence said:

Did God abandon the Christians in the Roman persecutions?

Edited by inchrist