IGNORED

Trump officially recognizes Jerusalem as Israel's capital, orders US embassy move

Guest shiloh357

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  701
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,511
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/18/1955

5 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

Yes, and everything I said was true at the time I posted that.   I have friends that live in Israel and they have noted that in the past, these "days of rage"  are usually never that large or as expansive as he media has tried to portray them in the past.   They are usually limited to certain areas. 

This is outside the norm and has gotten worse than they have before.  That doesn't mean that I what I said at the time was inaccurate. It was accurate at that time.   I never said that they would not escalate....

Well, it very quickly escalated, which is why it should have been done differently, i.e., 13 countries -- Bolivia, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Haiti, the Netherlands, Panama, Uruguay and Venezuela -- had embassies in Jerusalem until 1980 when a UN resolution called upon them to remove them.

Even Russia recently said "we view West Jerusalem as the capital of Israel."

http://www.nation.co.ke/news/world/World-position-on-Jerusalem-Donald-Trump/1068-4216452-ru6x2gz/index.html

5 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

No, it was not.   If that were the reason, it would have prevented from doing this time as well....

That begs the question as to why Trump finally did write an EO recognizing Jerusalem as the capital after taking his Jewish son-in-law's advice not to?

Guest shiloh357
6 hours ago, OldSchool2 said:

Well, it very quickly escalated, which is why it should have been done differently, i.e., 13 countries -- Bolivia, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Haiti, the Netherlands, Panama, Uruguay and Venezuela -- had embassies in Jerusalem until 1980 when a UN resolution called upon them to remove them.

Even Russia recently said "we view West Jerusalem as the capital of Israel."

http://www.nation.co.ke/news/world/World-position-on-Jerusalem-Donald-Trump/1068-4216452-ru6x2gz/index.html

Yeah, but that means that the terrorists get to determine our foreign policy.   Those riots should not  be how we determine what we do or don't do.  

Just because some people riot and doesn't mean the policy was wrong or that it was the wrong time.  There was no "right" time if "right time" is defined as when our enemies finally agree with us on this matter.   Let them riot.  They will not determine where we put our embassies.

6 hours ago, OldSchool2 said:

That begs the question as to why Trump finally did write an EO recognizing Jerusalem as the capital after taking his Jewish son-in-law's advice not to?

Trump explained why did it.

Edited by shiloh357

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

2 hours ago, OldSchool2 said:

As I understand it, Israel welcomed the US acknowledging what is truth, in that Jerusalem is their capital. Should we honor other countries governments, or abide by the terrorist’s wishes?  Hard to believe their is anything to debate here. Give in to terrorists and we will all be slaves to their bidding.  It appears to me Trump has taken the time to consider this move, listened to advice even given by Israel, and executed a smooth transition. Kudos to Trump for doing what is right. 

4 hours ago, hmbld said:

As I understand it, Israel welcomed the US acknowledging what is truth, in that Jerusalem is their capital. Should we honor other countries governments, or abide by the terrorist’s wishes?  Hard to believe their is anything to debate here....

We're debating how he finally did it.

Guest shiloh357
7 minutes ago, OldSchool2 said:

We're debating how he finally did it.

There was no other way to do it and simply announce the recognition the way he did.  Again, he could not do it in a manner that you would not find a way to criticize it.   So really, your opinion about how he did it is worthless, as you are incapable of being fair, objective or reasonable.

• Followers:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

13 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

Yes, and everything I said was true at the time I posted that.   I have friends that live in Israel and they have noted that in the past, these "days of rage"  are usually never that large or as expansive as he media has tried to portray them in the past.   They are usually limited to certain areas. 

This is outside the norm and has gotten worse than they have before.  That doesn't mean that I what I said at the time was inaccurate. It was accurate at that time.   I never said that they would not escalate.

Even during both infantadas (yeah I spelled it that way on purpose), the violence was limited to certain areas.  They never attacked the tourists.  Tours of Israel went on unabated while both infantadas were in full swing.

Anyone familiar with with the late ,great Zola Levitt will recall that ,as a resident of Dallas and teacher and Tour guide to Israel countless times always said Israel was much safer than Dallas—-you just gotta knowwhich areas to avoid

Guest shiloh357
10 minutes ago, Sam Smith said:

Anyone familiar with with the late ,great Zola Levitt will recall that ,as a resident of Dallas and teacher and Tour guide to Israel countless times always said Israel was much safer than Dallas—-you just gotta knowwhich areas to avoid

Yes, the media reports on these uprisings like the whole country is under siege, and it is never the case.  It is pretty bad where these uprisings happen, but the country as a whole is not on fire, and the tourists pretty much never go where the danger is because there is an unwritten rule among the Palestinians which is that you don't shoot the tourists.

• Followers:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

Lol.....money sure does talk doesn’t it?

Guest shiloh357
2 hours ago, Sam Smith said:

Lol.....money sure does talk doesn’t it?

The tourists are lured into the Arab Quarter of Jerusalem to buy souvenirs from Arab merchants who masquerade as Christians and they tell the tourists that their money helps Arab Christians.   The truth is that this is  a sham and the Arabs who are "Christians" in the storefront are devout Muslims at home.

Some time ago, Christians were naively giving money to what they thought were Christian charities in the Holy Land.  Turned out that those "charities" were owned by Yasir Arafat and he used the money to pad his Swiss bank account and to buy more weapons to kill Jews.